Enjoying the BWV and the Flower & Garden Festival

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
Arrived at the BWV last Friday evening (4/23). (Have some time now as we are taking it easy before going to the MK later this afternoon for dinner, SPECTRO and WISHES, so thought I'd try my hand at a mini-trip report).

Used online check in and received a 1 bedroom SV room on the third floor near the bus stop (as requested). We won't have a view of the IllumiNations fireworks from the balcony this time, and we still have not yet gotten assigned to one of the infamous x123 rooms but I am quite satisfied all the same. :) Here's the view from our balcony:

IMG_0570640x480.jpg

A first for us - a TOWEL MICKEY! Love the new bedspreads and refreshed decor.

IMG_0562480x640.jpg

Even DH commented on the teacup lamp.

IMG_0567480x640.jpg

Walked over to DHS for dinner at the Prime Time 50's (our first experience there). Enjoyed it immensely, especially the parting words of our waitress to my DH: "HONEY, WHY AREN'T YOU HOLDING HER HAND"? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Here's the view from our table:

IMG_0573640x480640x480.jpg

The wildlife at WDW has virtually no fear of humans. Some of them don't even move out of your way! Caught this guy on our way back from dinner:

IMG_0575640x480.jpg

I'll try to post more as I have time.

Thank you! Just what I needed today...a Disney fix....especially a BWV fix!:thumbsup2

I too love the refurbished rooms, they look beautiful. DH and I will have a 1 BDR in October for F&W and we are so excited. Thanks for posting so we can enjoy your trip too!:lovestruc

Look what's parked in front of the BWV / BWI entrance:

IMG_0697640x480.jpg

Here's proof that SWA is now part of the RAC service at the BWV: :teeth:

IMG_0695640x480.jpg

The RAC desk for the BWV is located opposite the Valet Desk - you take a right when you come out from the lobby. See the luggage cage on the left side of the picture?

IMG_0696640x480.jpg

Here's a picture of the path to the bus stop from the Standard View wing of the BWV:

IMG_0698640x480.jpg

And here's a picture of the bus stop from the end of the path:

IMG_0699640x480.jpg

Here are some of my favorite F&G Festival pictures:

IMG_0665640x480.jpg

IMG_0679640x480.jpg

IMG_0654640x480.jpg

IMG_0646640x480.jpg

IMG_0576640x480.jpg

IMG_0608640x480.jpg

IMG_0583640x480.jpg

I love your pictures. Haven't stayed at BWV before, what are the infamous x123 rooms?

Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. :)

Robert

Thanks for the pictures. We just came home a week ago from BWV. It is such a lovely resort.
Have a great trip.

Awesome!! I'll be checking in across the lake at BCV on Friday. How are the crowds??

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures - they are wonderful and make a great "lunch time" entertainment :goodvibes

We'll be at Epcot on the last day of the F&G Festival. I'm hoping everything will be just as pretty as it is now.

i'm thinking of taking lots of pictures of "faces" - not necessarily people but faces that you find around WDW. I want upclose pictures. Your pics have given me inspiration!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I love your pictures. Haven't stayed at BWV before, what are the infamous x123 rooms?
They are dedicated 1 bedroom villas at the "corner" of the SV wing located just above the doorway that leads to the pathway to the bus stop. They are larger than the other BWV 1 bedroom villas and have extra long balconies. But I just found out that the lighting within them isn't the best, so they're not perfect, LOL.

Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. :)

Robert
Already done - 3 times. :teeth:

Awesome!! I'll be checking in across the lake at BCV on Friday. How are the crowds??

Thanks!
Light - just enough so you don't feel lonely. Love this week. Technically, it's a spring break week so there are later hours for the parks and more Fantasmics & Spectros than usual. But no significant crowds - I think the last of them went home on Sunday.

Thanks for the pictures - they are wonderful and make a great "lunch time" entertainment :goodvibes

We'll be at Epcot on the last day of the F&G Festival. I'm hoping everything will be just as pretty as it is now.

i'm thinking of taking lots of pictures of "faces" - not necessarily people but faces that you find around WDW. I want upclose pictures. Your pics have given me inspiration!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Wow! Thanks - I am truly an amateur at picture taking, but I love digital technology. It's so much fun to see and share pictures right after you take them. :thumbsup2

Curious about your online check-in request. Can you tell me "exactly" how you worded your request?:laughing: I am planning on a standard 1 bedroom next year, and want your view!!! My last location was right across from the elevators on the 3rd floor.....way too noisy and our view was the bus circle with a roof obstruction!! Love your pics!

I so appreciate those fellow Disers who share their trips and pictures! Don't know if I'll ever be able to figure out how to post mine but I sure do love reading the TRs. Thanks you so much!

We will be checking into the BCVs in 11 days and am hoping the crowds are still light.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Great photos! I love the topiaries.

I'm still not sure about that new color scheme in the master bedroom at BWV. I really liked the old color scheme, bedspread and dresser. Maybe it looks better in person but based on all the photos I've seen, I just don't like it as much as what was there before. I do like the teacup lamp -- very cute.

Curious about your online check-in request. Can you tell me "exactly" how you worded your request?:laughing: I am planning on a standard 1 bedroom next year, and want your view!!! My last location was right across from the elevators on the 3rd floor.....way too noisy and our view was the bus circle with a roof obstruction!! Love your pics!
I asked for "Upper floor across from the bus stop". You could also do "Close to the Tennis Courts". (Can't request via on-line process. My request was through MS)

I have to tell you that if you are in this area, you'll also have a view of the valet parking lot, but you mostly see the trees, water and lawn that partially hide it from view. :)

As you probably know, these rooms are quite a hike from the elevators. But that's why they are quiet and the hallways are nice and cool. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It's so valuable to see the bits and pieces.

And that lamp is about the cutest flippin thing I've ever seen. Just sayin.' :lovestruc

Thanks for showing your pictures. We enjoyed a BWV/F&G stay there in March, and it seems so long ago! We had a studio with a long walk, overlooking the pond. We saw a 3-4 ft. alligator in it, that was our first sighting there. I liked the picture above the couch in the studio, a merry go round.

Our next stay will be in June....can't wait. Enjoy your stay, and keep us up to date, please!!!

I'm glad you got the Mickey on your bed.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Is the valet parking lot getting much use?
It seems pretty full from what I can see, but there are still plenty of spaces available. But I can't really tell if the far portion is self-parking or valet. I know it has been used for self parking at times.

The regular self-parking lot still seems full, but there may be a few spaces here and there. Hard to tell from a bus, lol. We don't have a car this trip.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and information. We are DVC members and own at AKV. Next week will be our first stay at BWV but we are NOT staying on points. This is a cash visit through CRO.
My question is; are there different rooms assigned to guests going through CRO and NOT those using member's points?
I have a standard view studio booked and wondered what type of view and location we might get. My only request will be a non-handicap accessible room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter