Enjoyed CSR this past weekend 12/12/2008

lisabarr

<font color=blue>Caused an uproar over Tag Fairy v
Was at CSR for a National Chess Championship with my DS 7 (he did awesome btw)

We got one of the brand new rooms in Cabanas 9b. Definitely going to be one of the new club rooms with wooden sliding doors to the sink area, granite counters, flat screen TV. High end bedding... I was in heaven!

Convention facilities were excellent for well over 1200 kids and their parents. Never felt too crowded. I will say cell reception was spotty, especially if you have a wireless card. Made it difficult to follow some of the matches online.
Kids swam in the heated pool even though temps were low.

Was not impressed with the Pepper Market. My son and I shared a waffle, cup of strawberries and a juice, $22.
The Rix cafe the next AM had veggie quiche and an egg and cheese sammie for much more reasonable amount. You can just grab it and go.

Loved this resort and the tournie will be back there in 2010. So will we!

Was at CSR for a National Chess Championship with my DS 7 (he did awesome btw)

We got one of the brand new rooms in Cabanas 9b. Definitely going to be one of the new club rooms with wooden sliding doors to the sink area, granite counters, flat screen TV. High end bedding... I was in heaven!

Convention facilities were excellent for well over 1200 kids and their parents. Never felt too crowded. I will say cell reception was spotty, especially if you have a wireless card. Made it difficult to follow some of the matches online.
Kids swam in the heated pool even though temps were low.

Was not impressed with the Pepper Market. My son and I shared a waffle, cup of strawberries and a juice, $22.
The Rix cafe the next AM had veggie quiche and an egg and cheese sammie for much more reasonable amount. You can just grab it and go.

Loved this resort and the tournie will be back there in 2010. So will we!

First and foremost, congratulations to your son! :woohoo:

Glad you liked CSR. Pepper Market is VERY expensive if you are not on the dining plan. We love the new Rix Cafe.

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to your son! So glad to hear you had a nice trip. We love CSR so much - we are checking in there again this Saturday night. :cool1:
We are so hoping to get one of the refurbished rooms but we will take anything we get.
I agree about Pepper Market, it is expensive. We actually liked the food but since we are driving this time, we will probably head off site to eat some of our meals to save some $.
Welcome back and have a great holiday!

Congratulations to your son LisaBarr! I'm glad you had a great time. My husband and I are headed to CSR on Friday for our 15th wedding anniversary! I have always wanted to stay here (thanks Buzz for all the info!) but have a question about the Pepper Market and the Rix. I have a very restricted diet due to some food allergies and am wondering if either place has items to "grab and go". Last time we stayed at POP and they had refrigerated cases with items you could take with you. One was a yogurt parfait (which I can have :goodvibes ). Do you know if I can get anything like that at CSR? Thanks a bunch!

Lori

Congratulations to your son LisaBarr! I'm glad you had a great time. My husband and I are headed to CSR on Friday for our 15th wedding anniversary! I have always wanted to stay here (thanks Buzz for all the info!) but have a question about the Pepper Market and the Rix. I have a very restricted diet due to some food allergies and am wondering if either place has items to "grab and go". Last time we stayed at POP and they had refrigerated cases with items you could take with you. One was a yogurt parfait (which I can have :goodvibes ). Do you know if I can get anything like that at CSR? Thanks a bunch!

Lori

Yes, they have grab and go yogurt and fruit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter