england/france hotel change

Loved the Landmark! I was so sorry they had changed the hotel. Great place and wonderful rooms.

We are scheduled to go on this Adventure in early June. Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the hotel change. I checked out the website and it does look very nice. The only disappointment for me is that we were planning to use Hilton Points to pay for two pre-nights in London and booked our flights accordingly. I know that we could still stay at the Hilton and switch hotels on the first day of our Adventure (and it may be what we decide to do once we price out two nights - two rooms at ABD's rates), but switching hotels always seems to eat up so much of the day. They also made changes to the dinners which seem to be positive changes. Below is an excerpt from the e-mail I received about the changes:

"While our Welcome Reception will be at the hotel on the first night, the Welcome Dinner will now be in a private room at a local pub. This pub dinner was originally scheduled to be on third night after visiting Windsor.

Dinner on the second night will now feature our Adult / Junior Adventurer Dinner at the Landmark London Hotel. Adult Guests will enjoy dinner at the hotel's "222 Restaurant". Twotwentytwo is a chic 'n' cozy bar and restaurant known throughout London as a relaxed, yet sophisticated and refined restaurant and is ideal for an intimate dinner. Due to the popularity of this restaurant, Guests should make a reservation for the adults in their party upon arrival at the Landmark for any time starting between 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM on Day 2 of the itinerary. Dress code is Dressy. Upon arrival, Guests may inquire at the Front Desk or with their Adventure Guides for any additional questions.

For Family Departures, while the parents enjoy their dinner at the hotel's "222 Restaurant," Junior Adventurers will enjoy their own dinner party and take in a classic Disney movie, with the Adventure Guides in a private room at the Landmark London Hotel. Please note that parents must remain on hotel property while their children enjoy their Junior Adventurer movie and dinner.

The "on your own" dinner in London is now scheduled for the third evening. Guests may choose from an array of delicious eateries or ask the hotel concierge or their Adventure Guides to recommend the ideal restaurant that fits their needs. Since this is their last night in London - we have changed this evening's plans to include free time. Guests may use the time to shop for souvenirs, have a family night out, catch a musical, or get a jump start on packing early since we depart for Paris the next morning.

On the fourth night, we will enjoy our dinner at Le Pain Quotidien at the Hilton Paris Opera Hotel, however both adults and children will dine together as a group. All other planned meals remain as scheduled"

Would love to hear your thoughts on these other changes.

Our Welcome Dinner was in a private room at the Landmark. It was gorgeous and the food was amazing. I am sure anything you have there will be great.

Also, watch the opening episode of Sherlock (Series 3). Watson proposes to Mary at the Landmark. It's very cool. Hopefully, you will have a better waiter than Watson :).

You definitely want an 'on your own night' to catch a show and wander London. I think that's a good change.

I would book the Landmark for your pre-days. Their rates are fairly competitive (for London, especially!) and you are right, moving hotels is difficult. Plus, the rooms at the Landmark are huge and comfortable for spreading out!

We are scheduled to go on this Adventure in early June. Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the hotel change. I checked out the website and it does look very nice. The only disappointment for me is that we were planning to use Hilton Points to pay for two pre-nights in London and booked our flights accordingly. I know that we could still stay at the Hilton and switch hotels on the first day of our Adventure (and it may be what we decide to do once we price out two nights - two rooms at ABD's rates), but switching hotels always seems to eat up so much of the day. They also made changes to the dinners which seem to be positive changes. Below is an excerpt from the e-mail I received about the changes:

"While our Welcome Reception will be at the hotel on the first night, the Welcome Dinner will now be in a private room at a local pub. This pub dinner was originally scheduled to be on third night after visiting Windsor.

Dinner on the second night will now feature our Adult / Junior Adventurer Dinner at the Landmark London Hotel. Adult Guests will enjoy dinner at the hotel's "222 Restaurant". Twotwentytwo is a chic 'n' cozy bar and restaurant known throughout London as a relaxed, yet sophisticated and refined restaurant and is ideal for an intimate dinner. Due to the popularity of this restaurant, Guests should make a reservation for the adults in their party upon arrival at the Landmark for any time starting between 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM on Day 2 of the itinerary. Dress code is Dressy. Upon arrival, Guests may inquire at the Front Desk or with their Adventure Guides for any additional questions.

For Family Departures, while the parents enjoy their dinner at the hotel's "222 Restaurant," Junior Adventurers will enjoy their own dinner party and take in a classic Disney movie, with the Adventure Guides in a private room at the Landmark London Hotel. Please note that parents must remain on hotel property while their children enjoy their Junior Adventurer movie and dinner.

The "on your own" dinner in London is now scheduled for the third evening. Guests may choose from an array of delicious eateries or ask the hotel concierge or their Adventure Guides to recommend the ideal restaurant that fits their needs. Since this is their last night in London - we have changed this evening's plans to include free time. Guests may use the time to shop for souvenirs, have a family night out, catch a musical, or get a jump start on packing early since we depart for Paris the next morning.

On the fourth night, we will enjoy our dinner at Le Pain Quotidien at the Hilton Paris Opera Hotel, however both adults and children will dine together as a group. All other planned meals remain as scheduled"

Would love to hear your thoughts on these other changes.
I did the switching the hotel in London when I did the London/Paris ABD. ABD's charges for pre-days were just ridiculous, and I got a fantastic rate for the Park Plaza County Hall. The good thing about doing a hotel switch like this is you don't have to worry about all the getting your luggage up to the room stuff. A group of us were going to Buckingham Palace that morning, and the Adventure Guides were already at the hotel, took my luggage from me, and it magically appeared in my room when I got back later that day. It did help make the transition quicker. And taxis are pretty easy to come by in London.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter