• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Engagement weekend

jswalker1981

Mouseketeer
I'm not quite sure if this the board to be asking this. But, I plan on proposing to my GF at the California Grill during Wishes. I wanted to surprise her with a room at BLT afterwards, but there is only one room available for one night of the two nights we are going to stay there. So now I'm looking at my other options.

I'm either going to rent DVC points or stay at either the Swan or the Dolphin. I'm just trying to figure out which resort would be more romantic.

So here are my choices:

Swan, $425
Dolphin, $380
AKL, Savannah View - 50 pts
AKL, Standard View - 40 pts
AKL, Value Accomodations - 36 pts
BWV, Standard view - 46 pts
WLV, Studio - 52 pts

Which would be more romantic? I'm thinking that the Swan or Dolphin would be more of a Deluxe resort/feel. And I also like the uniqueness of AKL. But what is the differences between the different levels of views at AKL? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I think Animal Kingdom villas are amazing. The pictures I've seen are gorgeous.

I think all AKL Villas have a balcony so that's romantic.

So here are my choices:

Swan, $425
Dolphin, $380
AKL, Savannah View - 50 pts
AKL, Standard View - 40 pts
AKL, Value Accomodations - 36 pts
BWV, Standard view - 46 pts
WLV, Studio - 52 pts

Which would be more romantic? I'm thinking that the Swan or Dolphin would be more of a Deluxe resort/feel. And I also like the uniqueness of AKL. But what is the differences between the different levels of views at AKL? Thanks for any help you can give me.

The Swan and Dolphin are on a par with the Deluxe Disney resorts for amenities but not necessarily equal to them in the theming department. They're still just like any other Westin hotel, IMHO. I think AKL, BWV or WLV would all have a much more romantic feeling.

At AKL, the Standard View is of the pool, garden or parking lot. The Savanna View is of the resort's savannas, which means you will be able to see animals from your balcony. :thumbsup2

"Value" means a one-/two-bedroom unit that doesn't accommodate a fifth/ninth person - probably not an issue for you. It is possible to get a Value accommodation with a savanna view.

The Swan and Dolphin are on a par with the Deluxe Disney resorts for amenities but not necessarily equal to them in the theming department. They're still just like any other Westin hotel, IMHO. I think AKL, BWV or WLV would all have a much more romantic feeling.

At AKL, the Standard View is of the pool, garden or parking lot. The Savanna View is of the resort's savannas, which means you will be able to see animals from your balcony. :thumbsup2

"Value" means a one-/two-bedroom unit that doesn't accommodate a fifth/ninth person - probably not an issue for you. It is possible to get a Value accommodation with a savanna view.

The "Value accommodations" were for a studio. Can that still get a savannah view?

Yes, but it's not guaranteed for Value units the way it is with Savanna-view units. You can have the person making the reservation put in your request - you just won't know whether you got it til you check in.

I would go for a savannah view- think about it this way- all the resorts and hotels are basically the same- it's a room with a view of the trees/pool/garden/parking lot/whatever, but how many places can you stay in an authentic-feeling room with a view of the African savannah and you get to see Giraffes, Antelopes, Ankole Cattle... and other animals... That to me sounds more romantic and unique than the other places... but that's just my opinion :goodvibes
Good luck and congratulations!!!

I would say either the BWV or AKL. Both are amazing and romantic in my opinion. Good Luck!!

we stayed at AKL savannah view for our honeymoon and it was beautiful and very romantic. You should book dinner at Jiko too, the food is amazing! If you don't want to spend 200.00+ on dinner, Sanaa has amazing views of the animals and really good food as well. When we went we got free champagne and i got a free pot of tea. the food was really good it is kind of african mixed with indian.

I vote for AKL, it's very romantic and unique. We loved it when we stayed there and the DVC rooms are very nice. We were actually in a Value Studio with a Savannah view and it was wonderful. You have about a 50% chance of getting a Savannah view with that type of room. The room is slightly smaller than a regular studio and there is limited storage space, but that shouldn't be an issue with just the two of you for a few nights.

Our room was on Ostrich trail which looked onto the Sunset Savannah, I loved watching the animals at all different times of the day and the resort really feels like you are in a different world.

Here are a few pictures of our room at AKL, Jambo Value Studio:

Disney2008197.jpg

Disney2008204.jpg
Disney2008194.jpg
Disney2008056.jpg

and a few of the view :lovestruc:
Disney2008312-1.jpg
Disney2008190.jpg
Disney2008327.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter