Engagement Plan

Gettingengagedguy

Earning My Ears
I plan on popping the question here in a couple weeks sometime during our 10 day disney vacation. We will be there Jan 3rd to the 11th Here is what I have planned so far, and I am looking for tips or suggestions to make it better:

The first day of our trip we will not be going to any parks, so we decided to check out the property. We are staying at the All star sports resort and wanted to check out some of the other hotels, should we decide to visit again soon. I know that on January 3rd the Wishes Fireworks start at 8pm. With that In mind, is it possible for us to get out to sunset point to view the castle and the fireworks, even though we are not staying there? What is the view like during the fireworks show. I would like to take a bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses in a backpack so we can celebrate afterwards, on the beach. Do a lot of people usually hang out at sunset point to watch the Wishes show?

Thanks for any help you can give me to make this a magical moment.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

You can go to Sunset Pointe and watch Wishes, but you won't hear any of the music (not sure if that matters to you or not). There aren't any seats right at SP, but there is at least one hammock right there on the beach in front of SP. If you want to bring the champagne and glasses and sit right at SP - I would recommend a blanket to sit on.

People come to the Poly to see Wishes...and they usually end up sitting along the beach in front of the pool area or Hawaii building...and maybe along the dock to the boat launch. The speakers are closer to the Hawaii building but they have turned the volumed down really low (you have to practically stand in front of the speakers to hear it).

We sat on a hammock one night and watched Wishes from the beach. It wasn't near where you are looking for, but it was really secluded and relaxing! GL!!!! I love hearing stories like these.

Maybe you could make an earlier dinner reservation at Ohana or Kona Cafe, then head out to the beach behind the poly to chill out with some champagne. I think it sounds lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter