• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ENgagement Photo shoots at the RESORTS.

Cosi Bella

Mouseketeer
hi everyone :cutie: I am looking into getting an engagement photo shoot done in the near future, and wanted to get some info from you on your photo shoots. I have seen that many brides here got their photo shoots done in Disney, and my DF really wants to have ours at the Poly. This seems to be a popular spot for couples to have this done at. My questions:

How did you go about setting up the photo shoots? I want to use a well known photog. like perhaps Randy Chapman, or the roots since they do BEAUTIFUL work!!! Do you need to contact anyone at Disney (wedding related or not) before hand, or are you allowed to just go nuts and shoot up a storm (photography related, of course!) at any of the resorts? If no special permission is needed, can you go anywhere, or are the certain places you are not allowed? How long did your photo sessions last usually and how many pics did you get? Would anyone be able to recommend a photographer besides randy or the roots that they thought was REALLY REALLY good? Lastly, would anyone be able to give a ball park price that they paid and what they got for that price??? We're looking for a few pics, maybe to make a coffee table book out of for whenever ppl come over!

THANKS everyone!!!:banana:

Hi, We had our engagment pictures taken by Randy at The Boardwalk, and also the Poly. You do not have to have this run by Disney, you are allowed to take pictures. With our package, we recieved all of our proofs(some where in black and white) We also got the CD's so we can make copies. We took pictures for about an hour and a 1/2 and ended up with around 300 pictures! We added the E-Pics to our wedding backage, but I believe it was about $175. I'm sure someone on here can give you the exact price.

Well, we used the Roots, so I'm no help there, but you can take photos in any of the public areas of the resorts anytime you want - you don't have to contact Disney.

We took pictures at Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian b/c they had the most exotic looking backdrops. Our shoot lasted about 2 1/2 hours and was free as part of our wedding photography package. The disc of all the images was $100. We ended up with 178 pictures. They took about twice that many, but the Roots don't include any of the closed-eye/blurry/under- or overexposed shots on the disc they give you.

Here are some pix of the coffee table guest book I made on www.blurb.com. We had our wedding guests and at-home reception guests sign it.

1.jpg

bookkissfence.jpg

booktrees.jpg

bookjungle.jpg

Hi, We had our engagment pictures taken by Randy at The Boardwalk, and also the Poly. You do not have to have this run by Disney, you are allowed to take pictures. With our package, we recieved all of our proofs(some where in black and white) We also got the CD's so we can make copies. We took pictures for about an hour and a 1/2 and ended up with around 300 pictures! We added the E-Pics to our wedding backage, but I believe it was about $175. I'm sure someone on here can give you the exact price.

Ours was with Randy and was the same as said here. ^
We did it at the GF and is lasted about 1.5 hours as well. Received around 300-350 pictures (color & b&w). It was an awesome experience. We didn't need any permission from Disney. We also added it on to our wedding package, I think it was aroun $150? That included CD's with all of our photos, proof prints of every photo (4x6), AND the rights to our photos. Pretty cool.

We LOVED Carrie's idea she did with the blurb.com book, so we just made one with our engagement photos and its on its way! (Thanks Carrie!!!:goodvibes ) We'll use it as a guest book at our wedding too...she is such a genious! LoL

HtH!!

We're having ours done in a little over a month when we are down in Florida for our planning session. Randy is our photographer so it was $175 to add the engagement photo session since we already booked a package for our wedding. We are having ours done at the Polynesian and the Animal Kingdom Lodge so hopefully they will turn out nice. :thumbsup2

Our engagement session was with Misty Miotto, and she is awesome. We received about 230 pictures (and those weren't all that she shot, just the best). Both her and her husband were there to take pics. It lasted 3 hours... at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club. She even had us running up the Pirate Ship slide (I expected to have a Disney cast member come running after us to tell us to get down... but no one did. Misty even asked the girl at the top of the slide telling the kids when the could go down to move, and she was like "Oh yeah. sure"). Misty even knew a secret firework location in front of the Boardwalk, so we got firework pics. Our engagement session was really cheap added on to our wedding package. I think it was less than $100. Usually when you book it as a package, the photographer will give you a discount. Anyway, I highly recommend her. Seriously, it was the best 3 hours of my vacation. :yay:

Keira1387, thanks for the info! I really like that you get a CD of the photos so that we can make copies! a BIG plus!:thumbsup2

Lurkyloo, your book turned out BEAUTIFUL! I love the pics at the Poly, they are so pretty and I really can't wait to take my own engagement shots now! Thanks for sharing! I have been reading your PJ (nothing better to do on nights when DF is working late and I'm home all alone!), and followed a link to the Roots website and I must say, I am really really impressed, they are really talented! I want to just check out a couple more photogs. that people here mentioned but man, those pics are just awesome! I've also seen some pics by Randy Chapman and he does really great work too.. this is going to be hard! lol

OceanGdss , Thanks for the info!! Randy seems really reasonably priced, and he is a really talented photographer! I also TOTALLY love Carries photo book, that was exactly what I had in mind for a book! My MIL actually made me a book similar to that with a ton of pics of me and my family, and she gave it to me for my birthday. I LOVE it! It is on our coffee table now, and I just love the idea of an engagement book to sit next to it. I LOVE looking at pics and this is just such a neat way to look back on our years together, pre-wedding. :)

Island Mouse, awesome! Definitely let me know how they turn out! I think we'll have to wait until January to have these photos done since we will be in Disney for the half marathon and planning session then. I can't seem to convince DF to make a special trip just for engagement pics since we're going in Jan. lol oh well! I can't wait!!

babiebelle, I will have to check out Misty Miottos website too, I have seen her name a lot on the boards! Thanks for the info! I am on the fence about whether or not to go with Disney photography for the wedding. I have seen their work and I like the finished product. I don't like that you don't get the rights to your images right away, and that they make you pay so much for the CD even if you wait a whole YEAR after your wedding! I'm going to really research these photographers that everyone recommended and try and make a decision!

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter