• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Engagement Ideas (Help please)

milljb9

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone I work for a TV Station in Florida and I will be asking my beautiful girlfriend to marry me this weekend at Disney World. I want to record me asking her to marry me because they want to play it on the TV show I work for. My uncle will film it. There are a couple of ideas I want to do

1) During the 10 minute break between the parade and wishes I want to make an announcment to the entire crowd and I can stand on a bench or if I can get on stage I will do that and say a couple of sweet things about our relationship and then jump down and ask her to marry me.

2) Ask her during the fireworks but I want everyone to see and get some great footage of it. (so not the best idea because its loud and dark.

3) Have a charicature artist drawing us and me asking her to marry me and have him turn it around and she gets surprised and turns around and I am on my knee. This I believe would draw in a big crowd.

4) Or ask a cast memeber before a show like Fantasmic to call us up and have a role in the engagement and totally surprise her during the show or ride. I have only been to disney a few times so I dont really know what show or ride would be best but I heard Fantasmic would be great.

Soooo. What do all of you think?

I'd say your best option would be option 3 because the others have more chance of going wrong. You'd also have it after the event to hang on your wall.

With option 1 its likely the benches will have people sat on them and you won't be allowed on the stage.

Like you said option 2 might be tricky to film because MK is a mass of people standing very close to each other for the fireworks.

And with option 4 I very much doubt you'd be allowed on the Fantasmic stage and that's really far away from the crowd anyway so again hard to film. You might get help on a ride or something but its not something you can organise in advance.

Hummm.. First Congrats...but is this for her or your TV show? If you rarely go to disney, why there? I oersonally have seen a couple of proposals in front of the wishing well to the side of the Castle. Very sweet. Another time we were the last people waiting to get a castle picture at the park closing in MK in front of the castle. The photo pass guy was in on it. The couple in front of us was getting their picture taken and he pretended to drop his hat, and went down on one knee and the photo pass guys got it all...very. Neat, and no other people in the picture cause the park was closing and they were trying to herd the people out. Only show that may work would be beauty and the beast in the studios, seen one there too a long time ago. Not on stage, just in the first row, when they had people entertaining before the show started.

I was in the Coral Reef with friends many years ago and a scuba-wearing Mickey in the water swam up to a table in the restaurant with sign saying: "will you marry me?" Probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I was with 5 girlfriends and we were all tearing up. But, the couple was very young (barely out of their teens it looked like) and the girl barely reacted. I would have been a blithering idiot if that happened to me! :rotfl:

I'm not sure if you can still do coral reef divers. I actually asked the manager at coral reef to have a diver hold a welcome back to Disney sign for my daughter who was 7 or 8...she was thrilled beyond belief to think they remembered her!!!!!

It was all arranged approximately a month prior to our trip. Definitely a highlight!!!

I would suggest asking a CM if they have any great suggestions.

I would ask about fantastic. Call some guest relations people and see if they can set it up. You would not go onstage but they do a preshow at the bottom of the seats. Look at pics and it will make more sense. They always call people up to play games to pass time

I was engaged in Disney, and I am going to vote for the caraciture artist. I think that would be sooo cute and def draw a crowd! I also love the idea of The Living Seas and the scuba mickey with sign! Let us know what you decide and good luck!

I was in the Coral Reef with friends many years ago and a scuba-wearing Mickey in the water swam up to a table in the restaurant with sign saying: "will you marry me?" Probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I was with 5 girlfriends and we were all tearing up. But, the couple was very young (barely out of their teens it looked like) and the girl barely reacted. I would have been a blithering idiot if that happened to me! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it. I am thinking of doing the drawing also and I wont be soo nervous but I still dont have my mind made up :/

df proposed to me in front of the castle first thing when MK kingdom opened and got some lovely photos from the photopass photographer, he'd then arranged to bump into the Dapper Dan's barbershop quartet and sing me a song with them, which was lovely (but hilarious at the same time!!!) if you want a crowd there will always be one in front of the castle by mid morning

I like the caricature idea. The first two are fraught with difficulty. People likely won't hear you shouting at that time. Fantasmic can be done during their preshow at the bottom of the amphitheater. You will have a big audience of 5000-7000 people. Someone else actually just did it earlier this month. You need to arrange it with a cast member beforehand. I'd ask an usher or ask at guest relations at some point a few days beforehand. Be aware that weather can cancel fantasmic. Good luck.

DF proposed to me at the Rose Garden with Photopass. There was a crowd for sure! This is a prime photo spot, so there were a ton of people around. It was so wonderful and I will have those pictures forever!

My fiancé proposed right before the MSEP. He got me to take a picture in front of the castle on Main Street, by a photo pass photographer. Lots of people saw :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter