• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of Sept 2021 or Beginning of Oct 2021?

Madam_Mim

Earning My Ears
I’m planning a solo visit to WDW in Fall 2021 but I’ve been waffling on 2 sets of dates- 09/26-10/01, or 10/03-10/08.
I was there at the end of Sept ’19, and really enjoyed the relatively low crowds (Extra Extra Magic Hours probably helped), but it was so SO hot. Also spent a fair bit of time ahead of the trip biting my nails watching for any potential hurricane situations.
So, for 2021 I was mulling over potentially going the first full week of October. I’m not sure if there’s typically enough of a noticeable difference in temperatures or weather outlook that would make that week a better pick over the last week of Sept.
I know that crowds typically ramp up starting in Oct and increase throughout the month, AND that the 50th Anniversary is on 10/01. Pre-Covid that definitely would’ve been a recipe for mega-crowds, but I’m wondering if that may be tempered by the economic/financial situation?
I’m sure end of Sept will probably see a lot of people coming in for the 50th too, but question is whether one side of that weekend looks better than the other (could be fun to be there for some of the special events, but for me it would just be a nice coincidence and not the main goal of the trip- I'm hoping for MNSSHP and a stay at the Poly if possible).

Pretty much trying to decide which week might be my best bet in terms of crowds/weather- or if they’ll probably be about the same. Thanks for your thoughts!

I really see no difference. If there are discounts they will probably encompass both dates. Both dates weather is the same. Crowd level is a who knows.

10/1 will be Mk’s 50th so crowds will be heavier.
We are planning 9/29 thru 10/10 to celebrate my 45th along with MK’s 50th.
Just for the fun of it, if I were you, I’d want to be there for the 50th regardless of crowds

Because the 1st is a major anniversary for the MK, I think you are going to find higher crowd levels during either set of dates.

September is typically a lower crowd time of the year but with Covid this year and the 50th next year, it's hard to determine what those crowds are going to look like, especially at the end of the month.

Seems like there's not much difference between those weeks weather-wise, and crowds could be a toss-up between 50th Anniversary/Covid economic effects. Might just toss a coin and decide that way, haha.

We stayed right after Labor Day in 2019 and the crowds were super thin even though Galaxy's Edge had just opened. I think you have about the same risk for hurricanes in either month. I think you could get incredibly hot days in either month, but October will likely be 5-10 degrees cooler (particularly later in the month). I find that with the increased prevalence of Fall Break, October seems to be noticeably busier than September.

If it's me, and you aren't tied to a school calendar I would go in Mid September for the lighter crowds.

I’m planning a solo visit to WDW in Fall 2021 but I’ve been waffling on 2 sets of dates- 09/26-10/01, or 10/03-10/08.
I was there at the end of Sept ’19, and really enjoyed the relatively low crowds (Extra Extra Magic Hours probably helped), but it was so SO hot. Also spent a fair bit of time ahead of the trip biting my nails watching for any potential hurricane situations.
I was there solo on Labor Day weekend and the following 10 days. It was STUPID hot.
So, for 2021 I was mulling over potentially going the first full week of October. I’m not sure if there’s typically enough of a noticeable difference in temperatures or weather outlook that would make that week a better pick over the last week of Sept.
Historically there has never been much of a difference between the last of September and the first of October.
I know that crowds typically ramp up starting in Oct and increase throughout the month, AND that the 50th Anniversary is on 10/01. Pre-Covid that definitely would’ve been a recipe for mega-crowds, but I’m wondering if that may be tempered by the economic/financial situation?
No way to know. On one hand so many people had to cancel their 2020 trips that Sept/Oct 2021 could be crazy busy. But there still could be virus fears and a very slow financial recovery.
Pretty much trying to decide which week might be my best bet in terms of crowds/weather- or if they’ll probably be about the same. Thanks for your thoughts!
Right now there just isn't enough information. Weather will be almost exactly the same. I think the crowds will be super crazy the week before the 50th and the week following. But I'm still planning to take a solo trip from Sept 28 to Oct 12.

Have the dates for the 50th been announced? I have some park tickets from a May 2020 canceled trip. The park tickets are good till sept 26th but I’d hate to miss the 50th (esp since the 1st in my birthday) just bc the date on those tickets. In this new age of uncertainty- planning has become a coin toss as others mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter