End of School Year gifts for teachers and bus drivers

In Luv with Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My son is in Pre K and his last day is next Wednesday. I want to get his teacher, the teachers aid and the bus drivers a little something. Anyone have any thoughts??? What should I spend? I have no ideas!

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! :sunny:

I would suggest a card and maybe a small $5 giftcard to Starbucks or something like that. Or maybe a small box of chocolates. And no candles, I've read that eeryone gives candles.

I love to receive any gift, but I have enough candles and coffee mugs for an entire town! I love gift cards (like the other poster said...Starbucks)! I'm sure each person will be so appreciative! :)

We got for my sons teacher at $25.00 AMC Theaters gift card and for each of the people who run the after school program a $15.00 AMC card.

Let's see...this year I got a T-Shirt that says "I'm the Bus Driver, hauling the world's most precious cargo", a hanging basket, a "synthetic rose" that said "I love you", 2 candles, and a huge bag of white chocolate/peanut butter popcorn mix along with cards of thanks. Personally, I cherish each of these gifts but it's the cards that come with them and say things like "thanks for keeping me safe" that mean the most. I'd say a gift card to starbucks or even the local convenience store with a "Thank you" note is a good gift.

I gave the teachers a Barnes & Noble gift card and the bus driver those chairs that fold in a bag.

Hi, Our AAA office offers a movie package. It includes 2 movie passes,2 drinks and a large popcorn. I think it is 25.00 or so. I have given them for gifts and people have loved them.I have also given Barnes and Noble gift certificates. I'm sure the busdriver would like a coffee giftcard or one for an icecream shop.

This made me laugh so hard. Both my parents were teachers and sometimes they would get the oddest stuff. We had so many coffee mugs we could have opened a store! If you must give something, try and make it something perishable - produce from your garden, a local delicacy, tickets to a local attraction.

For female teachers, we have given Disney teacher's tote bags, Bath and Body Works products. For male or female teachers, we gave those small book in a box things from Borders along with a Borders gift card.

I just bought Disney gym bags for DS' two male teachers for Christmas gifts.

Good luck!

Gift cards are really the best way to go. Places like Walmart and Target are pretty safe, movies and book stores in small amount are ok, one of the other teachers at my school got $100 to Borders from her whole class a very nice gift but since she doesn't often by books or things like that it took almost a year to use the card up. Mall cards like visa are also great and can be used anywhere even... DISNEY :woohoo:

Our favorite things to give are gift cards to the mall, Barnes & Noble, Walmart or an AMEX gift check and/or really GOOD chocolate like the Lindt chocolate hazelnut waffer bar! :lovestruc

We have a bread bakery right near our house & some parents give GCs to that. They make great bread, cookies & scones.

Wegmans gift certificates (food store)
Barnes and noble Gift Certificates
One really cute gift bag with a coupon for 1 large pizza, a box of pop-secret popcorn and a blockbuster gift card for one free movie rental. CUTE!!!!!
Abbotts Gift Certificates (Ice Cream store)
I would say the way to go is Gift Certificates. They are very very nice. I also love that I received little handwritten notes and pictures with the gift and that was the best part!! Have your child write something or draw something it really is the best part!!!!

DD had a first grade teacher several years ago who all the kids gave pictures to. She told me she had softball pix, dance pix, all kinds of pix. So I made her a photo album, and cross-stitched on the front. It was sweet, she cried a little when dd and I took it up to the school. She gave dd the rest of her "prize box" -- lots of cute pencils, stickers, etc.

The first year my 2nd dd went to preschool she rode a special needs bus. That bus driver was WONDERFUL with her, put her away from the louder kids because of her sensory issues, etc. We got her a $25 to a nearby restaurant.

Those are the only gifts I have given to school personnel. DH is a HS teacher and was a coach.. We have gotten a cup Chuck E Cheese tokens from his baseball team ("since he was finally about to see his kids again", how sweet was THAT!) He gets funny mugs. He's gotten $5 Starbucks giftcards. His favorite, though, I think, is the Goodbye letter he got from a senior this year.

Hi I am a preschool teacher from NY and my childrens last classes is next thursday. However, one of my children will not be here so her mother gave me my gift yesterday. It was a 50 dollar gift card to lord and taylors which is like a macys here and a big lindt gourmet chocolate bar. A great gift I can tell you!! :cool1:

I bought my ds's pre-school teacher a gift certificate to a nail salon (I know she goes) My ds wanted to get her a ring and flowers - he insisted- (which we did also! silver ring with a pink "diamond" and a pink rose!) He also made her a card and I wrote her a letter. She was a wonderful teacher to him and I have never left my kids with anyone other then Grandparents or their Aunt so I had a rough time of it. She made me feel okay because she genuinely cared for my son. I think a gift certificate and a nice letter go a long way. Everyone likes to know if they are doing a good job and are appreciated. princess:

This year I gave my dd's main teachers thank you cards and gift certificates to Target. Our bus drivers got a thank you card and Boston Market or WalMart gift cards.

I stay away from candles, mugs, and trinkety stuff.

Here are a couple of the things we have given..
Papa ginos gc (it comes in a Pizza box) with a six pack of coke

Microwave Popcorn tub filled with Blockbuster card, coke, candy..wrapped in cello.

Resturant GC.

Folding Chairs in a bag (This was one of the hottest)

Beachbag, suntan lotion, mag, sunglasses..Enjoy your summer. You can get 3 of these things at the dollar store...

GC for family Bowling night with glow sticks.

HOme made Chocolate covered Strawberries on a pretty plate ..they have the plate after the candy is gone.

Windchimes with a note of thanks.

"I hope I have SMore great teachers like you"
4 Long Forks, 1 bag of marshmellows, 6 pack of Hershey Bars and Gramcrackers all wrapped in cello.

Marinade in a bag with a gc for Stop and Shop..

Ice-cream bowls, scoop, jimmies, toppings...

Icee maker with 2 syrups/ cups and spoons.

This year my DS teacher was one of those "Went far and beyond" teachers.
She is 25 loves the beach and The Boston Redsox..we are giving her.
A foam Redsox cooler, Redsox Beach towel, Red fipflops, Water bottles, chips,
candy and visor..This cooler basket cost me 26.00 yup thats it. It looks like
about 50 +
Cooler was 5.00, Towel was 16.00 everthing else was from the dollar store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter