• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of March

fehrman

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone I'm thinking of going to Disney from March 26-April 2nd and taking my brothers family. Do you think this will be a low week since it's between March Breaks and Easter?

Hey everyone I'm thinking of going to Disney from March 26-April 2nd and taking my brothers family. Do you think this will be a low week since it's between March Breaks and Easter?

Spring breaks nationwide tend to be varied, so you might still have some significant spill-over from breaks and early Easter visitors. Usually that end of March time is pretty crowded, but there are ways to get around it. As usual, make use of Extra Magic Hours if you can, use fastpass, and have a good itinerary planned.

I say--anytime you can go to Disney, do it! :woohoo:

All school breaks are definitely not over at that point. Mass. doesn't have our spring break until the third week in April (Patriot's Day Week). Winter break is President's week. There is a post on one of the boards that lists all the weeks of school breaks and asks people which weeks the have off from school. There are over 1,200 posts to the poll. You might want to do a search for the poll as it will give you a better feel, since the percentages of kids out ebbs and flows. It is still peak season until the third week of April. HTH.:)

We used to go around that time ever year. It will be crowed, but it will get even more crowded the week before and the week after Easter. You should be safe, although it will be crowded usually the parks are open earlier and later. Take advantage of the EMH, if you are staying on property. The only time it got too crowded for me was the year our spring break was right after Easter. I had never seen it that crowded before.

Do you think this will be a low week since it's between March Breaks and Easter?

By mid-March there are no weeks with low crowds, no matter when Easter happens to fall. The later in March you go the more crowded it gets, just so you're aware of that. March isn't considered peak season for nothing!

We're going to be in the parks March 30-April 3. UG lists 3 days at "5" and 2 days at "7" on their online crowd calendar. BTW, that's one of the better weeks in the March-April timeline. Also, there is not a single day listed ALL YEAR at 3 or lower...and there aren't that many 4s.

Yikes! We're going March 21-27 for the first time with kids. We were hoping to be catching the tail end of college spring breaks but it doesn't look like it! Oh well it will be fun regardless!

Not all spring breaks are over then, my DD (in one of the largest school districts in Colorado) has Spring Break from March 27-April 6 (they tack teacher development days on the Friday and Monday before).

That is when we went last year and the parks were pretty busy. We had a pretty detailed itinerary though, so we never waited very long for anything.

Use FASTPASS and go in with a plan and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter