End of Day Procedure - Dinner Reservation

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
We are planning one day at IoA/Universal in October during our WDW vacation. We want to end the day with dinner at Tchoup Chop and I was wondering for what time we should get a reservation.

IoA is open until 7pm on the day we plan to be there (Tuesday, October 18) and we plan to tour WWoHP in the evening until they are closing the park. My question is now: do they use the same procedure as Disney? I.e. do they let people into the queue up until closing time? And will the shops remain open after 7pm?

If we plan on getting on Forbidden Journey for a last ride at the latest possible and then take our time to leave the park what time would you recommend to get a reservation for for dinner at Tchoup Chop?

Any input from the Universal experts here would be very much appreciated!! :goodvibes

IoA is open until 7pm on the day we plan to be there (Tuesday, October 18) and we plan to tour WWoHP in the evening until they are closing the park. My question is now: do they use the same procedure as Disney? I.e. do they let people into the queue up until closing time? And will the shops remain open after 7pm?

If we plan on getting on Forbidden Journey for a last ride at the latest possible and then take our time to leave the park what time would you recommend to get a reservation for for dinner at Tchoup Chop?
As long as you're in the queue at closing time you can ride. The shops do stay open but not for very long...I don't think it's an hour but I'm not sure.

I think for dinner would need to allow time to get back to the hotel so if you're staying until the end of the park day, I would say make the reservations for anytime between 8 and 9 that evening. I'm guessing though.

agree with metro.

better to make the ressie later so you don't have to rush.

if you are in line for FJ and it is 7 and the park is closing, it could take you sometime in line before you get on that ride.

you don't want to be in a position of having to make a decision of ...
get out of line to head back to the hotel for the ressie if you need to be there at 7:30-8:00..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!