Encouragement for POFQ please

crbalb

Mouseketeer
We just booked a room for early June at POFQ. We have never stayed at this resort before, and would appreciate any information. We have a DD5. Thanks in advance.

Here's my brief report on our stay last week at POFQ. I think you will like it. We did! If you need any specific details, let me know and I'll share with you what I experienced.

I think you will love it! We stayed there in December and I would be happy to stay there everytime we go.

It's a small resort so everything is a close walking distance. It's nice after a long day at the parks to get off the bus and have a quick walk back to your room.

Speaking of rooms, I thought they were very nice. Spacious enough for 3 of us and decorated nicely. We had a standard view that overlooked the courtyard in the front (with the parking lot beyond). We had no issues with hearing lots of outside traffic (people or cars), or the guests in the rooms around us.

The pool is so cool and I think your DD will love it! Also the boat ride to DTD is a nice ride. We took it both ways and had a great driver. He told us stories the whole way there and back.

Back to the buses- we never had a long wait to get a bus. The only issue there is that sometimes POFQ and POR share a bus. It was never really a problem for us. Sometimes people from POR had to stand but it always seemed like a short drive to the parks and I don't think anyone really minded much.

We never ate in the food court so I can't help there.

I hope ya'll have a great time. I'm sure you will get many more positive responses here and I'm sure you will love the resort.

We have stayed there several time, and it is an absolutely beautiful resort. The grounds are fantastic, and, as Disney's smallest resort, it has a charm that is diluted in some of the larger resorts.

The theming is incredible, the food court is good, the pool isvery cool--your five year old will love it--and, because the resort is not huge and sprawling, there are no bad rooms.

I'm sure you'll love it, and hope you have a great trip!

You will LOVE IT,LOVE IT,LOVE IT!!! ( I hope)

The resort is wonderful,the transportation is wonderful (love the boat ride to DD), the staff is wonderful, the music is wonderful!
We were in building three, short walk to bus stop,short walk to pool,short walk to food court.
I'm sure you will not be disappointed! It's my favorite resort, the best!

We LOVE POFQ. We've stayed at AKL, POFQ, and POR and POFQ is our favorite! We plan to try to stay here every visit from now on! THe resort is small so everything is just a short walk away- not nearly as spread out as the other moderates. The food court is nice. The bus service is excellent. The rooms were recently refurbished- so they are all fresh and nice too! Who can beat beignets in the mornings? The pool is cool-looking- we travel in Nov. and Dec. and haven't used it though. My kids, 5 and 3, think the dragon slide looks neat. It is like a smaller, cleaner New Orleans- with jazz music playing in the background and everything. i don't think you'll be disappointed in POFQ!

your child is the right age for this resort's slide - she will love it.

so be at peace - if your child is happy - you will be! :flower:

We stayed there last August and really liked it. It's small enough that nothing is very far away, and the food court was very good, IMO. An added bonus is that the food court accepts DDE.

We love it and I think you will too. We stay four in the room and it is fine. You are not there very much anyhow. The pool is really nice and transportation was really good. We stayed in building 4 and it was an easy walk to the bus stop. The food court was nice and had a good selection of food. We have stayed at POR and really prefer the "smallness" of POFQ. The boat ride to DTD is also nice and easy.

Thanks so much for all of your encouragement! We are really excited for our stay in just a few short months.

To me, especially with the new renovations to the rooms, it is the best value on WDW property. We will be there in six weeks. You will have a wonderful time.

Enjoy your stay at POFQ! We did! We love this resort! It was our first stay there and fell in love with it! So, I think my new favorite resort now is FQ!

We think the pool is awesome! We saw lots of families with young children, and so we fit right in! My daughter 6 loves the pool slide. I like the deco at the food court and the food is good. We like strolling along the cute tiny streets and see those cute street signs. I like those wrought iron railings on the buildings. I like everything about this resort. I like this resort so much that I can't wait to go back to Disney and stay at this resort again!

We were there last May and just loved it. We are going to DW in Oct for MNSSHP and I wanted to stay there again but my DH is making me stay at the Swan this time. We've stayed at the Yacht Club before and it was nice too, but I just love POFQ. I'm sure you will too. It's my favorite.

You'll like the bus route: you're picked up before Riverside and dropped off before them on the way back to the hotel. The boat to DTD is great. We had a water view of the river and it was so quiet and nice. The rooms are nice, it's small so easy to walk to everything, the pool is fun. I just love it.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I loved French Quater! I would actually be very torn to stay at any other resort - unless it was the Grand Floridian. I think I would almost choose it over the Poly..... then again maybe not. I loved the feel of the entire resort and at times it was really peaceful. The rooms were very clean and newly renovated. There was a fridge in the room which made things very convient and a large TV. Plenty of drawer space and comfy beds.

~Amanda

I just finished changing my July reservations from CSR to POFQ - DH started thinking that his mom would be happier at POFQ because of the compact size (as compared to CSR, which I absolutely love!). Can't wait to go back!!

Great resort!!!!!! Cool pool! It has a great arcade and I do believe kids activities.

I should know; $$ constraints switched us here from Poly Palace!!!!!!!!

We love it already...and we haven't even been there! :love: :love: :love: POFQ!

We were there in early December last year. Perfect for myself and my 6 yo dd. So cozy and quaint. We stayed in Bldg 3 which was close to the bus stop food court and well everything. I would love to stay at GF but if I can't I will always pick POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter