Enchanted Tiki Roo , Back to the Original??

Awesome ! Thats the Show i Remember when i Was a Kid. I like The Under new Management Version, But the Original is better :thumbsup2.

: By the way i Did Notice the typo in the title , but it was too late to change it LOL

I Had read That the Iago Figure was Severely Damaged by the fire "Beyond repair" It Does Seems Kind of ironic now LOL

Just a heads up, you can fix the title. Just go and edit it.

I am so happy to hear that... LOVE the original. DH will be so excited too... he despised the new management.

This is great news. I can't wait to see the new/old show, hopefully with some imagineering surprises thrown in!

Could some of the decision of the change back have to do with the Gilbert Gottfried twitter stuff from a couple months ago? I know the fire in the tiki room was prior to the earthquake/tsunami, but can't help but wonder......

Gotta ask, what happened?

But I can't see Disney changing anything b/c of a performers behaviour based on thier current showings of Captain EO.

Keep in mind, the official announcement does NOT say it's returning to the original version. It says "returning to a version similar to the original 1971 version." What exactly that means is anybody's guess at this point, though I'm pretty sure they're getting rid of Gil. ;)

Whatever they do I would be more than happy to see it go back to a more original version than the "New Management"

It was a lovely show in the original form.

Keep in mind, the official announcement does NOT say it's returning to the original version. It says "returning to a version similar to the original 1971 version." What exactly that means is anybody's guess at this point, though I'm pretty sure they're getting rid of Gil. ;)

OTOH, the blog is not an "official" announcement either (although do I believe it to be accurate.)

I figure what they will be presenting at MK is the version of the show that is currently running at Disneyland.

It is a slightly pared-down version of the original show.

its no longer a rumor but true fact
just finished reading it on the online version of the Orlando Sentinel!!!

I'm sure it is true, but by all means if it's in the "Sentinel," my gosh it's a fact. The Sentinel is one step higher than a Disny bus driver, so you know it's a fact.

Enchanted Tiki Roo

Tiki-Roo.jpg

;)

Okay, you officially now have too much time on your hands.

this news is wonderful!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

the UNM version was horrible. my children HATED it. i'm so glad they'll be able to see it more in its intended version. it does sound like it isn't going to be exactly like the original. but if they get rid of Iago and Zazu and bring it back closer to the original, i'll be thrilled!

That is exciting! This was one of my absolute favorites as a child and one I loved seeing with my Grandma and Papaw. She used to sing "Let's all sing like the birdies sing..." to rock me to sleep. When we go back for MNSSHP I can't wait to share it with my little ones. We avoided it with the additions, blech!:headache:

I am SOOOO happy about this!!! I never thought they would return it to the original. That fire was a freaking miracle! Cannot wait to see the old show when we go in March :)

Could some of the decision of the change back have to do with the Gilbert Gottfried twitter stuff from a couple months ago? I know the fire in the tiki room was prior to the earthquake/tsunami, but can't help but wonder......

I sincerely doubt that it had anything to do with the decision, but it makes a pretty "politically correct" reason doesn't it? Good way to change it without having to admit that you made a mistake.

Gilbert Gottfried has been Gilbert Gottfried long before any earthquake/tsunami happened. It is his type of humor. Disney knew that when they cast him in that part in Aladdin. The Tiki Room, Under new management was just not a good show. I could take Gilbert, but many cannot. The show went from small child friendly to scary.

I remember seeing it on my first trip in 1983. My kids were young and we went and found it nice, quiet and relaxing. Yes, there was a part where the god was angered and there were storms and loud activity within the room, but it didn't seem scary even to my young'uns.

I heard parents come out of UNM and expressed anger that it wasn't like it they had remembered. They had been excited to take their children because they had fond memories of it. The new one didn't give them that.

All that said, I went to Disneyland a few years back and saw the original again and frankly as an older adult (with rock and roll history) I, as much as I liked it when I first saw it, almost lapsed into a coma with boredom. And the cult groups, with linked arms, swaying back and forth, loudly singing like the birdies sing was, frankly, a little worrisome.

The original has a lot of historic reasons to be allowed to live. The biggest is it is the very first animatronic show ever done as a live performance. Thanks for that Uncle Walt. Unfortunately, unless Disney decides to promote it and make it a focus point in their advertising...it will die again.

I'm sure it is true, but by all means if it's in the "Sentinel," my gosh it's a fact. The Sentinel is one step higher than a Disny bus driver, so you know it's a fact.

The official Disney Parks blog also has the story. I'm pretty sure the Sentinal got it's information from the Disney Parks blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...om-classic-attraction-transforms-this-summer/

Now, granted, the blog isn't a spot for "official announcements", but you should understand that this kind of stuff does get cleared first before it's published. Either that, or it gets removed and then somebody gets shown the door.

I kind of doubt the new change will effect long term visitors. It might get a flash in the pan auidence when it reopens, but if it is stale like the original was, crowd wise, then people still won't care. With or without Iago and Zazu. So let us hope it's not just like the original.

I kind of doubt the new change will effect long term visitors. It might get a flash in the pan auidence when it reopens, but if it is stale like the original was, crowd wise, then people still won't care. With or without Iago and Zazu. So let us hope it's not just like the original.

Yes, I'm certainly not losing sleep over the fact that my next trip may be before the new "old" version opens. :confused3

This was also announced by Chris Beatty during a session at Destination D yesterday (or was it Saturday, I've lost all track of days now!), so I would assume that his statement pretty much means it's confirmed fact :) He also said "very similar to", not "exactly like" the old version, so take that for what you will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter