• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

You did a good job painting your Mickey head. I made a feeble attempt at it, but without the right paints and painting skills, it didn't turn out too well. The colors (or colours) of Canadia look good on a MB. ;) And I had forgotten that our trips are going to overlap. :)

Your magic band looks great, very special indeed! :)

Love your Disney inspired pictures!

You mean you didn't buy an IASW doll?? :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the zoo!

I love how you painted your magic band! I've been wanting to do something with mine. I read about someone that applied temporary tattoos, so I might try that.

Looks like a fun day so far! I always love a good visit to the Disney store. When there was one down the road from me I used to be there right at opening on vinylmation release day ;) And I bet the zoo will be fun!

I loved your Disney tour of the mall! ;) I can't believe there was a line for the Disney store. It's so sad that we have to go all the way to Ontario to get to one now! :(

I've never been to the Toronto Zoo, or Canada's Wonderland. The day I was going to go to Canada's Wonderland, well, was during the big black out in the summer of 2003, so we couldn't go. Oh well.

Your Canadia MB rocks! :thumbsup2

Lucky, to get so many coloring pages from Hailey! I would think you have an assortment of Disney magnets for those on your refrigerator?

Your mock tour of Disney Canadia style, LOL. :rotfl2:

Great wine bottle holder, that would actually be a great gift!

Never seen personalized Coke before...

Small World Dolls should be $6.66, haha! :rotfl:

Great job on the Magic Band.

Oh how I would love to go to that store/mall. I live just over 3 hours to that store... maybe I should take the trek someday!

Wow TO Zoo looks busy! That is a beautiful zoo, but a lot of walking!

Glad you are having a great time!

I'm glad you liked the Cave of the Wind pictures. That was truly one of the best attractions I have ever been to. the funny thing was, I almost opted out but Denny bought my ticket anyway so I was "forced" to go! :rotfl2:

Ahhh - clifton hill just looks crazier and crazier. :laughing:

Funny GPS story. My GPS once said "impossible" while my friend chuck was driving and trying to get us out of the Poly parking lot. True Story! :rotfl:

Fun night at the movies with the girls.

I live very close to the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal and there is a movable bridge similar to that which gets lowered only for trains and then cranked back up against ships can pass through. It has HUGE chains on it that are massive. Apparently it is all done remotely from somewhere in Philadelphia.

Probably a good idea to follow Carrie in the morning! :rolleyes1

Leave it to you to find Disney icons at the mall. And, you're right - those dolls ARE absolutely terrifying. I vote for the $6.66 too!

Oh Mary Ellen, I loved it! Just a great other look at the Falls. Haha, sometimes being "forced" is the best thing.

It is... But so much fun!!!

IMPOSSIBLE???? :rotfl2: OMG that's Hysterical!!! I can't even imagine that being a programming option. And my God... nothing is impossible in Disney!

It was. Perfect for a rainy day.

This was the first time I'd seen this ever. We have bridges here over our harbour, but ships have no problem clearing that. It was really cool to watch, but I would hate to be at the mercy of ships all day, lol.

Oh yeah. Who knows where I would have ended up.

Hahahaha, I just couldn't help it. We had time to kill, and everything just fit so well. This is not the last time. And seriously right?? $6.66 is only right.

I LOVE your MagicBand! Great job! And it's awesome that it has such a special meaning to you :goodvibes

HA Disney references everywhere. Such is the life of a DISer.

I was at a Disney Outlet this weekend!!! Got a fabulous DCA glass too.

Oh man. I got chills at that "Let The Magic Begin" book!

You mean you didn't take advantage of that doll sale?!

Thanks Courtney. It just seemed so obvious when I thought about it.

Totally. And this really felt like one after the other.A great way to kill time.

This one was kind of disappointing. I was hoping for more park merch, but there was only a couple shirts. We still had fun playing though.

ME TOO!!!!!!!! I loved that and the little ceremony they did. It was so cute and just perfectly Disney.

Hehe, still waiting for the $6.66 sale.

I love the Canadia Magic Band. Simple and Perfect!!

I think it's neat that the McD's Golden Arches have little Maple Leafs on them. Just to make sure you are still aware that you are in Canadia.

So sweet of Hailey (and Carrie) to color all those pictures for you.

That sky did look pretty scary and a much better choice to avoid the amusement park when it looks like rain. :thumbsup2

I love all the comparison's to Disney you found walking around in the mall.

Is that the mall that is underground? I am pretty sure I have been to a mall in Toronto that is mostly underground. Just curious if that is the same one.

Ahhh a Disney Outlet. How wonderful!!! :goodvibes

Looks like you are having another wonderful beginning to the day.

Thank you!!! It feels right.

You know, I don't think I've ever really even paid attention to that. So funny. A lot of companies do that here though. I think a lot of people assume the companies are Canadian as a result. Kinda funny.

It was. I love stuff like that even more than stuff from stores.

Absolutely. It really did look bad at the time. But it completely cleared up and I don't think we saw even a drop of rain.

I just can't help it. I swear I see Disney everywhere all the time.

Hmmm, nope not this one. This one was most definitely above ground, and just one level. This was actually in Vaughan which is outside of Toronto. There is a underground mall in Toronto though (I've never been), so you are remembering correctly.

Not much better outside the parks. Always magical.

Absolutely. Even though the day was changed, I think it was for the best.

You did a good job painting your Mickey head. I made a feeble attempt at it, but without the right paints and painting skills, it didn't turn out too well. The colors (or colours) of Canadia look good on a MB. ;) And I had forgotten that our trips are going to overlap. :)

Thanks Sue. This was actually more of a test to see how it looked, and it did actually come out ok. I'm sure I'll have to do it again before I leave, but I do like the look. I just used nail polish (and I'm sure it was entertaining for the clerk ringing that through).

Barely overlap, but Yes! I leave on the 25th, but not until the afternoon. :)

Your magic band looks great, very special indeed! :)

Love your Disney inspired pictures!

You mean you didn't buy an IASW doll?? :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the zoo!

Thanks Alexis, it really feels like the right thing for me.

Haha, thank you. Everywhere I look is Disney clearly.

I did not. Though I believe I did scream a little.

Coming up next!!

I love how you painted your magic band! I've been wanting to do something with mine. I read about someone that applied temporary tattoos, so I might try that.

Looks like a fun day so far! I always love a good visit to the Disney store. When there was one down the road from me I used to be there right at opening on vinylmation release day ;) And I bet the zoo will be fun!

Thanks Becky. I've heard about and seen some great success with temporary tattoos. They really do add a lot to the look and very inexpensively I might add. That was actually what I was going to do until the idea of a Canadia flag design entered my mind. Then it was just obvious.

I miss having a Disney Store locally. Even if I didn't buy anything, I just enjoyed being there. God I miss it. The zoo is up next.

I loved your Disney tour of the mall! ;) I can't believe there was a line for the Disney store. It's so sad that we have to go all the way to Ontario to get to one now! :(

I've never been to the Toronto Zoo, or Canada's Wonderland. The day I was going to go to Canada's Wonderland, well, was during the big black out in the summer of 2003, so we couldn't go. Oh well.

Thanks Tina. It was so cool that there was a line. Just like a real rope drop. I know... I so miss having a Disney Store nearby if for no other reason than to have a Disney store nearby.

Without jumping too far ahead, while I enjoyed the Zoo, I was also a bit disappointed in it. I don't remember that blackout at all, but that would suck. I do remember having a power outage in Epcot in 2008 that shut down half the park though.

Your Canadia MB rocks! :thumbsup2

Lucky, to get so many coloring pages from Hailey! I would think you have an assortment of Disney magnets for those on your refrigerator?

Your mock tour of Disney Canadia style, LOL. :rotfl2:

Great wine bottle holder, that would actually be a great gift!

Never seen personalized Coke before...

Small World Dolls should be $6.66, haha! :rotfl:

Aww thanks Linda. Thanks to Riley for the inspiration.

It was so cute. I would totally do that, but my fridge currently is full of Disney trip photos, lol.

It was so funny walking that mall and all I could see was Disney everywhere.

I loved that thing. I didn't buy it, but it did make me laugh.

Haha, at the time I thought it was exclusive to the store or something. Then I came home and I see them everywhere!!!

Right??!!! It just seems to fit.

Great job on the Magic Band.

Oh how I would love to go to that store/mall. I live just over 3 hours to that store... maybe I should take the trek someday!

Wow TO Zoo looks busy! That is a beautiful zoo, but a lot of walking!

Glad you are having a great time!

Thank you!!!! I'm quite happy with it.

I'll be honest, the mall itself isn't great. But any place with a Disney outlet is worth a trip I think. PLUS, it's right across from Canada's Wonderland.

It was pretty busy, although it was a Sunday, so I guess that's to be expected. It wasn't too bad though, But it was really hot and there is a LOT of walking.

Thank you!!!

Your MB looks great!!

Sounds like a fun day so far! I laughed at your rope drop reference at the Disney store...that's dedication! Also, $6.66 for the small world dolls is too funny! :lmao:

Hi Rob,

All caught up. The mall report was great. Just goes to show you that, when look at the world through "Disney" eyes, you usually see the nicer things around you.

Only a Disney store would have a line at opening.

Found a Disney store in of all places Venice, Italy! It was packed with people.

The Venetians built a tower just like the one Disney has at the Italian pavilion at EPCOT. I couldn't believe it!

Thanks Tina. It was so cool that there was a line. Just like a real rope drop. I know... I so miss having a Disney Store nearby if for no other reason than to have a Disney store nearby.

Without jumping too far ahead, while I enjoyed the Zoo, I was also a bit disappointed in it. I don't remember that blackout at all, but that would suck. I do remember having a power outage in Epcot in 2008 that shut down half the park though.

Oh that's too bad you were disappointed in the zoo... maybe because you love the theme parks with animals? Wow! I can't imagine a power outage at WDW! THAT would be an experience.

We were actually in downtown Toronto (I think I had just finished shopping at the Disney Store at Eaton Center!) and we got the last go train out of downtown. We were staying with a friend and she lived in Whitby I think, so we took the train out. It took twice as long because the train had to stop at each crossing to get permission because the lights were not working. The power was out in a few states and in Ontario. There is actually a wikipedia page about it! :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

We ended up just staying at our friend's house and vegging in their pool, and eating bbq for a few days. Nothing was open, they were not allowed to shower much or anything like that. We couldn't get gas until the morning we left. It was crazy.

Oh well, I'm okay with the fab MB repeat.

Hmm I can't tell which one could be Carrie's picture :p But really, it's so sweet that Hailey gave you more pictures.

Disney is everywhere ;)

Oooh Disney outlet. If I let Marie in there we'd leave with a million things and zero dollars.

Glad that it was a nice day, as rainy days at the zoo aren't fun either. I mean, rainy days at theme parks where rides shut down in storms are less fun (unless you're an employee and you get to hang out with your coworkers and not work), but still.

Thanks for letting me share Rob (like you had a choice :rotfl:)

Love the photos, Mary Ellen!

I have never been to Niagara Falls so I appreciate all of the detailed photos and info from both of you.

The Behind the Falls tours looks fantastic. Great views and THEY LET YOU USE YOUR CAMERA IN THE UTILIDORS!?!

Nice swag from the girls!

Couldn't read about the claw machine without hearing the Aliens' voices from Toy Story.

Kitty play area- Shut up! That's awesome (and dangerous).

I enjoyed your final goodbye to the falls.

"Niagara Falls. Slowly I turn. And then my darn GPS says I'm going the wrong way!"

Your customized Magic Band rocks!!!

Not entirely caught up, but close.

:goodvibes

Your MB looks great!!

Sounds like a fun day so far! I laughed at your rope drop reference at the Disney store...that's dedication! Also, $6.66 for the small world dolls is too funny! :lmao:

Thanks Julie!!! I love it too.

It was for sure. So great to have everyone back together. It was so funny to actually see a line for a store. And yes, this should be the price always!

Hi Rob,

All caught up. The mall report was great. Just goes to show you that, when look at the world through "Disney" eyes, you usually see the nicer things around you.

Only a Disney store would have a line at opening.

Found a Disney store in of all places Venice, Italy! It was packed with people.

The Venetians built a tower just like the one Disney has at the Italian pavilion at EPCOT. I couldn't believe it!

YAY. Thank you!! I definitely see things with Disney goggles on pretty much always. A much better way to view the world I think.

Seriously right??!! I made that very comment. No other store had a line, but this one sure did. I loved it.

Oh wow, that's awesome. I does make me sad that we don't have one here anymore. :( I just enjoyed being there.

They clearly get it!!! I love that!!!

Oh that's too bad you were disappointed in the zoo... maybe because you love the theme parks with animals? Wow! I can't imagine a power outage at WDW! THAT would be an experience.

We were actually in downtown Toronto (I think I had just finished shopping at the Disney Store at Eaton Center!) and we got the last go train out of downtown. We were staying with a friend and she lived in Whitby I think, so we took the train out. It took twice as long because the train had to stop at each crossing to get permission because the lights were not working. The power was out in a few states and in Ontario. There is actually a wikipedia page about it! :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

We ended up just staying at our friend's house and vegging in their pool, and eating bbq for a few days. Nothing was open, they were not allowed to shower much or anything like that. We couldn't get gas until the morning we left. It was crazy.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting. But this was actually my first real "zoo", so perhaps my expectations were just different. OMG, it was so crazy. Literally one side of Future World was completely out.

I don't doubt that at all. Power outages are bad enough, but one in a major city would be pretty intense I would think. The after effects sound so much like Hurricane Juan, or really White Juan as I found that to be even worse as far as follow outages go.

Oh well, I'm okay with the fab MB repeat.

Hmm I can't tell which one could be Carrie's picture :p But really, it's so sweet that Hailey gave you more pictures.

Disney is everywhere ;)

Oooh Disney outlet. If I let Marie in there we'd leave with a million things and zero dollars.

Glad that it was a nice day, as rainy days at the zoo aren't fun either. I mean, rainy days at theme parks where rides shut down in storms are less fun (unless you're an employee and you get to hang out with your coworkers and not work), but still.

:) It is a masterpiece after all.

Haha, I know right? But you're right, that kid is such a giver. So incredibly sweet and she was so excited about it too. Just precious.

It definitely is in my World, that's for sure.

Perhaps, but I was actually a little disappointed in the selection for an "outlet". It seemed to be more little kid stuff which was pretty much what we had here when we had a Disney Store locally. I guess I was just expecting all these treasures, but regardless, I was still surrounded by Disney. And that is never a bad thing.

Totally Amber. By the time we got to the zoo, there was no rain in sight. I knew I wanted to ride the Coasters at Wonderland and I wasn't sure if they could shut down in rain, so better safe than sorry.

Love the photos, Mary Ellen!

I have never been to Niagara Falls so I appreciate all of the detailed photos and info from both of you.

The Behind the Falls tours looks fantastic. Great views and THEY LET YOU USE YOUR CAMERA IN THE UTILIDORS!?!

Nice swag from the girls!

Couldn't read about the claw machine without hearing the Aliens' voices from Toy Story.

Kitty play area- Shut up! That's awesome (and dangerous).

I enjoyed your final goodbye to the falls.

"Niagara Falls. Slowly I turn. And then my darn GPS says I'm going the wrong way!"

Your customized Magic Band rocks!!!

Not entirely caught up, but close.

They were great, weren't they??

Thanks Dee. And thank you again Mary Ellen for the extra supplement.

It really is the best view, and OMG I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT!!!! YES!!!!! Photos in the Utilidors!!!

Awesome stuff. I love home made gifts.

Hahahahahaha. This is true.

Oh yeah, I did not expect that. This was certainly a new concept for me, but a really great idea. Try and leave without a kitty. We DARE you!

Thanks. I genuinely miss it.

Oy, so brutal. Next time I'm just buying a map.

Awww thanks. I wanted something personal, so it was either Big Al or that. I prefer the one I did because of the specialness it represents.

:)

Now caught up!

Your customized MB is AWESOME!!! I love how it has such an important meaning to you.

Loved your Disney-themed Mall Tour. Hilarious! I am a little partial to the YC lighthouse.

Rope Drop! :rotfl2:

The IASW dolls are prompting me to ask if you have read the Kingdom Keepers series of books. They are young adult books with Disney settings.

Sounds like you have some fun things planned for the next couple of days.

Wow - nice Magic Band customization there! :thumbsup2

Okay, you can officially turn anything into Disney at this point. The pre-opening tour of the Disney-fied mall was hilarious! :rotfl2:

How cool that the Disney outlet did a little opening ceremony thing. I would never have guessed! :wizard:

Hey everyone just wanna add my 2 cents if I may..... the pics Hailey coloured were extra special ones because she did them at the sick kids hospital just a few days before Rob's visit.

Also I own those dolls :rotfl: yup every single one of them,and I love them and whenever anyone is at our place and annoys me I may or may not push all their bellies simultaneously,but I'll never tell.:confused3

While we were at Bass Pro shops we searched for our names on the Coke bottles,Ivan and Rob were easy to find,but try looking for Carrie,Riley and Hailey and well you're out of luck.Don't worry though because if your name is any of these 3 they've got you covered..........

yeah I have no idea when Chang lee and Lam became more common than Carrie,Riley and Hailey but hey who am I to argue???

Now caught up!

Your customized MB is AWESOME!!! I love how it has such an important meaning to you.

Loved your Disney-themed Mall Tour. Hilarious! I am a little partial to the YC lighthouse.

Rope Drop! :rotfl2:

The IASW dolls are prompting me to ask if you have read the Kingdom Keepers series of books. They are young adult books with Disney settings.

Sounds like you have some fun things planned for the next couple of days.

Awesome!!

Thanks Dee. It's so weird that at first I was reconsidering doing it. Then about a millisecond later I realized, there was no other option. This really represents this past trip so much and was the perfect thing to have a little of that with me always.

Haha, it was so funny. It just clicked. I guess my Disney goggles are always on. Hehe, I knew you'd like the lighthouse.

This blew my mind, but in a good way. So awesome to see a line and crowd forming around the front of the store prior to opening. And then a "Welcome Show". Just perfect.

I haven't, but I am very aware of them. And I do hope to read them one day. They sound wonderful.

Definitely. But the company was much more important

Wow - nice Magic Band customization there! :thumbsup2

Okay, you can officially turn anything into Disney at this point. The pre-opening tour of the Disney-fied mall was hilarious! :rotfl2:

How cool that the Disney outlet did a little opening ceremony thing. I would never have guessed! :wizard:

Thanks Roni. I had to come up with something, and then it just hit me. Completely obvious and a perfect representation of my favourite trip ever.

Haha, thank you!! I swear I do this all the time too. Disney is everywhere if you know where to look. And don't we all need a little more Disney in our lives?

We used to have a Disney Store locally but I was never there at opening, so I have no idea if this is normal or not. But when it was happening, you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Loved it!

Hey everyone just wanna add my 2 cents if I may..... the pics Hailey coloured were extra special ones because she did them at the sick kids hospital just a few days before Rob's visit.

Also I own those dolls :rotfl: yup every single one of them,and I love them and whenever anyone is at our place and annoys me I may or may not push all their bellies simultaneously,but I'll never tell.:confused3

While we were at Bass Pro shops we searched for our names on the Coke bottles,Ivan and Rob were easy to find,but try looking for Carrie,Riley and Hailey and well you're out of luck.Don't worry though because if your name is any of these 3 they've got you covered..........

yeah I have no idea when Chang lee and Lam became more common than Carrie,Riley and Hailey but hey who am I to argue???

Well of course you can!! Oh my goodness, I don't think I knew that. I love them even more now.

Yeah... that I did know...

Hahahaha, my only thought on the lack of Carrie, Hailey, and Riley is that they were probably SO popular that they completely sold out.

Awesome job on the Canadia magic band! It's awesome!

That mall looks really cool, but I love all the Disney World comparisons. A Disney store outlet??? I want to go!

Glad the rain held off. Toronto zoo is very high on my list of places to visit!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter