"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

That GIF had me laughing out loud! No Stacy?! Travesty!

Haha, I had to find something that expressed my true feelings over this insane travesty.

Ahhhh No Stacey to greet you on your arrival home. That is just so wrong and awful and your gif gets it perfectly right.

Love your room number and the location of your room sounds perfect. Great idea on the tape over your name on the button (Thanks Lia). I am sure that protected it from getting soaked and therefore ruined on Maelstrom. ;) Will have to remember that tip for my nieces birthday buttons.

The Tie Dye cheesecake is SO sad looking now. The picture from last time makes it look delicious. The little cup makes it look like you have some tie dye sherbert in a cup not a piece of cake. :(

Hopefully Stacey will be back soon and looking forward to the next update. Birthday Day!!!! :)

It was truly heartbreaking, it really was.

Ah me too. I thought it was great and the location superb. OMG that was SUCH a great tip that I wouldn't have thought of. Just shows how valuable DISboards really is. And yes, totally saved it on the wettest ride known to mankind.

Sad is an understatement. It was so not pretty. I couldn't believe what they did to such an iconic peice of dessert.

She WILL be back for sure. It's my birthday after all. ;)

3456!!!! Oh my, I would have died! That's just perfect :cool1:

But no Stacey? NOOOOOO! That's just wrong!! I hope you get that fixed ASAP.

The new container for the tie-dye cheesecake makes it look like play doh!

What a fun window decoration. How neat would that be if whoever was staying in that room saw your post and commented!!

I think I did, lol. It was so funny and oh so easy to remember. I just had to remember I was in building 3.

That, however, was not so funny.

Yes it really does!! I never thought of that but it does! It was still tasty, what there was of it, but I think I've had my last.

It was and OMG I totally thought that too. That would be so awesome!!!

Hooooooraaaaay for your arrival! That room number is amazing. I wish I'd been in 50's when I stayed at Pop! That was my favorite section by far.

WHAT?!?!?!?! No Stacey?!? This isn't the first time I've heard about this happening recently! Not cool. And yeah, the tie-dyed cheesecake looks so lame now. Does it at least taste the same?

Awww thanks Marissa! It is definitely my new fav location. I was in 90's last time (I think you were too last trip), and while it was fine, this one was fantastic. I loved it.

I know, me too, so at least I can assume I wasn't targeted, lol. Yes, it tastes the same, but there's just not much to it. I won't be buying it again at that price, that's for sure.

I'm fairly certain that DD would insist on switching rooms if Stacey didn't work. :rotfl2:

I've never had the tie-dyed cheesecake, but it has always looked great. The new container is less than appealing though. Disappointing.

Can't wait to hear about your birthday!

Hahaha, yes she would Shannon. She's no fool. No lie, I actually considered it myself, but I figured I'd wait until the next day to make that decision.

Yeah, I wouldn't make a point of it anymore. It's pretty sad now.

Aww thanks. Hopefully it's a good one. :)

I enjoyed reading your latest installment, Rob and Happy New Year! What are the odds on getting a room number like that?! :eek: From the selfie you took, it also looks like they were expecting a male occupant -- they left the seat up for you! :goodvibes

My thoughts exactly on the cheesecake. It's one of the things I look forward to having while we're at POP. Back in September, I couldn't believe what they had done to it. It's so small now and the red velvet cake part is almost non-existent.

I hope you got the Stacey issue resolved! Lookin' forward to reading more....

Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well. I'd say the odds are pretty small, one per building. Bahaha, good catch on the seat. A birthday bonus perhaps?

It was disappointing to say the least. I get that Disney prices are high, but the portions are generally pretty good too. This was just... wrong.

Haha, I hope so too!!

Great start on this report Rob! I'm glad my button tip helped you out!

When I got to Pop in October and I turned on the TV to find no Stacey I was also horrified beyond belief and considered moving over to a Universal Orlando Resort. :scared1: However I realized I had to skip ahead about 4 channels and there she was. THANK GOD

Your translation of the MyMagic+ note = :rotfl: So painfully accurate.

What?!?! You're a staple to these boards... How have you only been on for a mere 9 months?! It really is so amazing to have this outlet for great friendships with people who share the same love you do, isn't it? Wishing you a very happy 2014! Looking forward to sharing more Disney love together! :goodvibes

Happy New Year! :cool1:

Yay, Pop! I love that resort, and it's so pretty at night, with all of the colors and the lights!

But NO STACEY?? What is with Pop lately, I didn't get her either until I found the Spanish channels! I seriously would have asked to change rooms or resorts if I couldn't find her, it's not a Disney trip without Stacey!

Yeah I'm pretty much horrified by the tie dyed cheesecake change too. :faint: Of all of the places to cut corners, they start with cheesecake? :scared1:

Looking forward to the next update!

I enjoyed reading about your arrival in "the bubble" and at Pop.

I am sad that your room was Staceyless though!!! I hope that gets corrected posthaste! If I recall correctly, you were even able to watch Stacey during your offsite stay. Did you happen to mention that to the POP people? (or maybe not, could be bad form)

And speaking of Stacey, and I'm sure you don't mind if I do, do we know when the promos she was filming in July will be airing? Has she tweeted you lately?

POP intrigues me. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

What a great decorated door! Did the DISer provide a screenname? It doesn't seem like anyone uses the LGMH (Lime Green Mickey Heads) to identify themselves as DISsers anymore. :(

I'm in! Subbed.

No Stacy and small cheesecake containers? What gives?

At least the room location is ideal! Can't wait to see how this trip unfolds :banana:

Hi Rob
I've been spending a lazy day reading the DIS and stumbled across your TR
We met a Tutto Gusto with Brenda, Em, Barb, Vicki, Paula & Hunter :goodvibes
Can't wait to read how your trip worked out!

Love your pictures of POP at night, Rob.

The more pictures I see, the more I want to try it out.

What is up with that cake's shrinkage??? SMH.

P.S. Everytime I hear "Let it Go" now I think of you... Just thought you should know. LOL

15.jpg

Hmmmm, I wonder if that was done on purpose. :scratchin
"Oh you're Canadian??? I have the PERFECT room for you!"

Okay, I'll admit, I laughed REALLY HARD at this!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Lia's tape tip helped us out on our trip too! I have so many buttons from previous years where the writing started wearing off, and now they never will again! Paxton's birthday button held up fabulously well this year. :thumbsup2

I'm a little surprised that that was your only reaction to the lack of Stacey. I was expecting more of a busting out of the room and falling to your knees while ripping your shirt open and screaming "STAAAAA-CEEEEEEY!!!" a la the Stella scene in Streetcar Named Desire. :rotfl: Seriously, though, that's a tragedy. We even have Stacey over at Bonnet Creek!

Love the window full of Mickey heads. Such a cute idea! I wonder who the DIS'er is?

Subbing in...Just finished reading your last trip report and loved it! You have some great pics in there...:thumbsup2

Great start on this report Rob! I'm glad my button tip helped you out!

When I got to Pop in October and I turned on the TV to find no Stacey I was also horrified beyond belief and considered moving over to a Universal Orlando Resort. :scared1: However I realized I had to skip ahead about 4 channels and there she was. THANK GOD

Your translation of the MyMagic+ note = :rotfl: So painfully accurate.

Aww thanks Lia... and believe me, that tip saved me!!!! It worked so well.

BAHAHA, ok now I KNOW you weren't THAT horrified, lol. Actually I've heard the Uni resorts are quite lovely... but still. I was definitely tempted to switch rooms... or call the National Guard... or something though. This was serious stuff. AND I knew there was new footage that needed to be seen!!!! Thank God you got her back. Stay tuned to see if I share a similar fate.

Hahaha, THANK YOU!! Yup, very sad, but very true.

What?!?! You're a staple to these boards... How have you only been on for a mere 9 months?! It really is so amazing to have this outlet for great friendships with people who share the same love you do, isn't it? Wishing you a very happy 2014! Looking forward to sharing more Disney love together! :goodvibes

HAHA I know it feels so much longer. Well truth be told I've been reading the board for years, but it was only March of 2013 that I actually signed on for the first time. But how sweet are you? It really has been amazing and I am ever so grateful for the friendships.
THANK YOU Tracy!! And a very Happy New Year to you!

Happy New Year! :cool1:

Yay, Pop! I love that resort, and it's so pretty at night, with all of the colors and the lights!

But NO STACEY?? What is with Pop lately, I didn't get her either until I found the Spanish channels! I seriously would have asked to change rooms or resorts if I couldn't find her, it's not a Disney trip without Stacey!

Yeah I'm pretty much horrified by the tie dyed cheesecake change too. :faint: Of all of the places to cut corners, they start with cheesecake? :scared1:

Looking forward to the next update!

Happy New Year to YOU!!

OMG it is!! I just love it there.

I KNOW!!!! I was not amused. I wish I knew of the Spanish channel beforehand. I was devastated. But have no fear, she may return.

Seriously right??!! That was the stupidest decision ever. Don't they realize that even non-POP guests like the cheesecake? I just don't get it.

YAY! And also, every time I see a post from you somewhere, I always smile when I see that avatar!

I enjoyed reading about your arrival in "the bubble" and at Pop.

I am sad that your room was Staceyless though!!! I hope that gets corrected posthaste! If I recall correctly, you were even able to watch Stacey during your offsite stay. Did you happen to mention that to the POP people? (or maybe not, could be bad form)

And speaking of Stacey, and I'm sure you don't mind if I do, do we know when the promos she was filming in July will be airing? Has she tweeted you lately?

POP intrigues me. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

What a great decorated door! Did the DISer provide a screenname? It doesn't seem like anyone uses the LGMH (Lime Green Mickey Heads) to identify themselves as DISsers anymore. :(

Aww thanks Dee!

I was not impressed, obviously. You are correct, I actually had a working Stacey OFFSITE!! This just made no sense to me. How many people left their trip without ever knowing the joy of the Stacey channel? That's criminal! But... all is not lost...

All the new footage is there now. It's mostly MyMagic+ related plus some Splitsville. So, yeah, I'm giving a bit away by saying I saw this, lol.

POP is fabulous. I'm not sure I have a ton more pictures since I took so many in April, but there are some for sure.

OMG it was fantastic! Sadly, no screen name. Haha, funny you mention that though because I did in fact buy a Lime Green Mickey Head for future trips.

GASP!!!! no stacey? What? Do they even know who they are dealing with?

GASP is right Carrie. They clearly did not know the magnitude of this.

I'm in! Subbed.

No Stacy and small cheesecake containers? What gives?

At least the room location is ideal! Can't wait to see how this trip unfolds :banana:

YAY Welcome!!

I really wish I knew. Definitely a different experience from my last trip, that's for sure. But I will make up for it many times over!

Haha, it sure was. Thanks for following along.

Hi Rob
I've been spending a lazy day reading the DIS and stumbled across your TR
We met a Tutto Gusto with Brenda, Em, Barb, Vicki, Paula & Hunter :goodvibes
Can't wait to read how your trip worked out!

Hi Linda!! I'm so glad to welcome you, even if you did stumble in. Must be all those Epcot drinks, lol

I absolutely remember, and don't forget the cruise!!!

I'm so glad you're here especially since you're gonna be in it!

Love your pictures of POP at night, Rob.

The more pictures I see, the more I want to try it out.

What is up with that cake's shrinkage??? SMH.

P.S. Everytime I hear "Let it Go" now I think of you... Just thought you should know. LOL

Aww thanks Marcie.

I think you'll love it and really think the boys will for sure. So much fun there.

OMG, I wish I knew. It's just a joke now sadly. Also... I just had a Seinfeld flashback.

Aww that's so cute. I swear I wake up every morning with that song in my head. Every... Morning. And I haven't even seen the movie yet. BUT... I have plans to fix that very soon!!!! ;)

Okay, I'll admit, I laughed REALLY HARD at this!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Lia's tape tip helped us out on our trip too! I have so many buttons from previous years where the writing started wearing off, and now they never will again! Paxton's birthday button held up fabulously well this year. :thumbsup2

I'm a little surprised that that was your only reaction to the lack of Stacey. I was expecting more of a busting out of the room and falling to your knees while ripping your shirt open and screaming "STAAAAA-CEEEEEEY!!!" a la the Stella scene in Streetcar Named Desire. :rotfl: Seriously, though, that's a tragedy. We even have Stacey over at Bonnet Creek!

Love the window full of Mickey heads. Such a cute idea! I wonder who the DIS'er is?

Haha, yes, this all goes back to the We're simple, but nice argument.

Such a great tip and one that's sounds so simple yet I probably never would have thought to do it otherwise. Eternally grateful for that one. I would have gone through so many buttons and it just wouldn't be the same. It still looks perfect.

Bahahaha, OMG that was classic. STACEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!. Love it. And that's just it. Offsite places have it, and yet the channel had no signal in a Disney Hotel. Just absurd. I should have asked for a room credit.

I loved them too, so clever. And I really wish there was more info there to figure out at least a screen name.

Subbing in...Just finished reading your last trip report and loved it! You have some great pics in there...:thumbsup2

Thank you so much Amy!!! I'm so pleased to welcome you and very glad you liked the last one enough to come on over here.

Wow that is a long flight. And flying to WDW always feels like it takes forever!

Nice location for the room. I love POP. Such a fun resort.
The cheesecake looks so small now.
Love those buildings and pool. We always request that section.
She was missing from our tv also when we checked into SSR but did come back eventually and hopefully she did come back to you too.
Great update.

Rob! I feel like I'm arriving late to this party (pun intended ;) )

I don't know how I'm just subscribing to your 3rd TR NOOOOW but that's ok because I'm here now. But (very) soon, I'll be there (Disney) so I'll try my best to read what you have wrote before that!

Fellow Canadian subbing to your TR.
Our family stayed at POP for the first time, was really impressed considering it was a value.
Enjoyed your paraphrasing of the My Magic :lmao:
Can't wait to read up on your adventures. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter