Enchanted Tales with Belle?

Chabby

Mouseketeer
What do you guys think about this attraction? DD7 and I watched a video on youtube and didn't think much of it. DD didn't like it at all and found it boring. I would like to see Belle's house but also thought the Play the guests perform for Belle was just ok, and not worth a long line or the rush to get there first thing in the morning.

Am I missing something? Maybe it was the video...

We are coming to WDW next month :banana:

What do you guys think about this attraction? DD7 and I watched a video on youtube and didn't think much of it. DD didn't like it at all and found it boring. I would like to see Belle's house but also thought the Play the guests perform for Belle was just ok, and not worth a long line or the rush to get there first thing in the morning.

It is one of THE most popular (and difficult to get to see) attractions at Magic Kingdom.

If it looks boring and "just OK" to you, then skip it. There are plenty of people who will be waiting in line to do it if you choose not to. :thumbsup2

FWIW, my 6 year old daughter loves it. It was on her must-do list for our short weekend trip last month.

I'm sorry, I think my question didn't come out the way I wanted it to and I ended up insulting people :sad:

It's definetly not what I meant! Basically I wanted to know if once you see it in person you fall in love or if there are a good number of people who find it overrated.

Speaking as a 30-year-old man with no kids, I thought it was excellent.

Is it worth waiting 90 minutes? No way, but I'd wait 30.

I'm sorry, I think my question didn't come out the way I wanted it to and I ended up insulting people :sad:

It's definetly not what I meant! Basically I wanted to know if once you see it in person you fall in love or if there are a good number of people who find it overrated.

LOL! I'm not offended, I just think the question is funny. "We see this thing that looks like it's no fun to us. Is it?" Like everything, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people really like it, some people think it's overrated. Like most things at Disney, I think it's definitely worth doing once so you can form your own opinion based on personal experience. We've done it several times and the children participating always seem to enjoy it. It's a unique way to interact with Belle. Also, the technology they use (particularly the Wardrobe and Lumiere animatronics) make it worth it for me.

FWIW, I've never gone right at RD. I save it for later in the day. If you're staying onsite and can take advantage of evening EMH, I recommend doing it then. We walked right in, no line, no waiting.

My mother and I watched it together on Youtube because I wanted to show her all the cool stuff the Imagineers made for it, and we both agreed that the actual show is not really worth it, at least not for the older Disney fans.

But next time we go, we will definitely be doing it at least once, because I'm a pretty big fan of the things the Imagineers do and would like to see those new machines and tricks in person. My favorites are the doorway/magic mirror in Maurice's "lab" and the Dresser in Beast's Castle.

I will also be getting on my knees and begging my parents to let us go into the restaurant part of Beast's Castle. I've never seen a more perfect right-off-the-animated-screen adaptation of ANY Disney movie castle. And my mother loves Beauty and The Beast more than I do even, so I'm betting that if she sees it in person, she just might cry.

It is probably one and done for us. I thought it was quite cute. DD didnt know what was going on got chosen to be Maurice and still to this day reminds me that she didnt want to do that. I doubt she will chose to go to it again and if we do I am sure she will make sure to hide in the back:)

We went to Disney last September and we (along with a bunch of other people) were able to do a "sneak peak". We waited forever. But it was fun. They pull people from the crowd to re-enact a scene. My son was picked to play Beast. He says it embarasses him, but I loved it. I have some great pictures. Would I do it again? Probably not. But I am glad we did.

My daughter who was nearly 2 at the time loved it and still talks about seeing belles house. 5 months later.

We only waited 20 minutes though it was a wet night in February.

We will be going again just so DD can see belle in her dress again. She loves her.

My 8yo DDs are really not that into the princesses anymore, but LOVED ETWB. I think it was a combination of the imagineering (which is awesome) and the interaction. One got to be the Beast and one got to be Phillipe. They listed it among the favorite things about our April trip.

We did get there first thing in the morning and were among the first groups in there with very little wait. Had we waited in line for 90 minutes, our experience may not have been so positive. :confused3

Thank you guys, I think I'll convince her about going. I also thought the magic mirror, Lumiere and the wardrobe were really cool.

I'm in the "once and done" camp with this attraction. I do think the wait time affected my enjoyment. I went last December (week before Christmas, so it was crowded but not terribly so like the week OF Christmas) and waited 75 minutes. Once you get inside, the theming is incredible. I personally thought the actual show was kind of lame, apart from the wardrobe and Lumiere. Now that I have done it once, it will be on my list of attractions to skip.

I will say that if you have young kids who enjoy meeting the characters and princesses, it should rank high on your list of to-dos. It was the only place where I saw Belle in her yellow ball gown (I think the only other place is at one of the princess dinners?). Everyone who is selected to be in the show got a bookmark and a chance for a photo-op with Belle. Then they asked if any other kids in the audience who were not part of the show would like a photo. So if you or your child isn't picked for the show (but they usually have lots of little extra parts to play when the main parts are taken), you can definitely still get a photo.

I think kids and parents with kids will enjoy this very much. I am 27 with no kids (there with my cousin of the same age, also with no kids), so while I thought it was "cute" I would not bother waiting more than 20 minutes to see it again.

I'm glad we did it once, but we won't be wasting our time on it again. A long, slow moving line for very little pay off (though the LUmiere AA was outstanding!).

Wouldn't waste 10 minutes of time in line for it. I am surprised anybody really loved it so much they would wait for it a second time. I can only guess b/c of the hype people go(like we did thinking it would be amazing). We walked right in and had no wait and were like that was awful and a huge waste of time!!!! I cannot believe people wait hours in line for it :faint: Of course this is just our feelings. The kids were not impressed at all. They liked Monsters Inc and Mickey's Philharmonic better.

I'm glad we did it once, but we won't be wasting our time on it again. A long, slow moving line for very little pay off (though the LUmiere AA was outstanding!).

I totally agree with this though!! And Belle's house is pretty neat to walk through.

We really enjoyed it. Nothing says you have to like every attraction. Skip those you don't like.

I agree with one and done as well. We were there at rope drop (thanks to an 8:15 reservation at BBB) so we were the first group to go in with no wait. We were glad we did it because that was the only time in a week long trip my daughter got to see/meet Belle and get a picture with her. Other than that we could have skipped it. I actually thought it was a ride until we got in there and realized what was going on! My daughter liked it though and even volunteered for a small part so to her it was neat. I certainly would not wait 90 minutes for it though!

Thank you guys, I think I'll convince her about going. I also though the magic mirror, Lumiere and the wardrobe were really cool.

These cool elements are a very good reason to see it.

The attraction is not the "go-to" rope drop attraction because it's slam-dunk amazing. It's the "go-to" rope drop attraction because it's unique and worth seeing. And if you don't go at rope drop, you will likely face a long slow-moving line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter