Enchanted Tales--will adults like it?

GayeofPA

Hoping to Go
We are 2 adults with a son in his 20's. All the info says that Enchanted Tales with Belle is the first place you should go after Rope Drop.

This doesn't sound like something we would enjoy. Can anyone tell us your opinion?

Thanks!

Unless you are really into Beauty and the Beast I would skip it unless there is not much of a wait- I have been a couple of times as an adult- my DH went once and thought the way they did things was neat but not really worth the wait. I went again with my mother while she was writing a book about princesses and she wanted to see it. I would say the way they do things is really neat but the actual story time is not really for adults.

I saw it once on my trip right after New Years and I would agree. For a group of just adults, it's not worth waiting in a long line for. That being said, I really enjoyed going through Maurices cottage and the "preshow" stuff. Disney's attention to detail in the area is worth a trip if the line is short. Instead of rushing at rope drop, I hit it at midnight on an evening when they were open late after the fireworks.

I definitely think its worth it once. The cottage, pre-show stuff really is well-done. Yes - it's about the kids - but they need some adult volunteers for the story time, too. I wouldn't wait over 15 minutes, though.

It does depend on your strategy for the day, though. It will take up some time at rope drop time. Our plan is to do rope drop and old FP first thing, and we booked our FP+ for late afternoon - including ETWB.

I have a DS4 who is not into princesses or anything. I made him go in to it for me lmao. He ended up liking it but Beauty and the Beast was my fav as a kid so I had to see it. It's pretty awesome and I would recommend the experience once just so you know. Even if it sucked to you it's worth it to just know. It's pretty cool :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I utilized one of my FP+ for it since my sister hasn't seen New Fantasyland yet. She loves Beauty and the Beast too. That said, to me, it's more of a kid themed attraction.

DH and I did it with our girls, but we loved it!! ::yes::

There are some really neat visuals in the cottage that we weren't expecting and the show was funny because of the participants. :goodvibes

We are all adults and for me the coolest part is the mirror :scratchin but other than that I wouldn't stand in line for it beyond 15 minutes. Very creative and well done, LOVE the mirror effect, the first room after that is cool to see the wardrobe talk but as far as the Belle interaction - for kids & for parents with small kids. Wish I could do the mirror part and then exit left ;)

NO WAY we would go there first if we were rope drop people, wouldn't go there first at all. Great to fill in between stuff. So for you I say no - get to something else you want to do.

The line is long, the story isn't great, there is audience participation, for us it would be a do once and never again unless we had someone who really wanted to see Belle along with us

Don't think I'd make it high on my priority list as it is definitely geared towards little kids. If there is no wait, the details of the cottage are great, plus they do a fantastic job of involving kids & the audience in the story...my nieces were adorable as Mrs. Potts and a salt shaker, but the little girl who played The Beast was a hoot, she really got into it.

So cute, but not a must do unless you find some time on your hands.

I would go if the line was short, but there is o way I would waste much time if there were no kids. It is cute, but that is it, cute. My DGD and I went to see it, and I am not unhappy that I went, but I would not have missed it if I passed it over.

My DD18 and I both really enjoyed it. We loved the whole set up, and watching the kids and a couple adults 'act' out the story was fun too.

I would only go if you have the time to spare (spending more than one day in the park). The cottage is fantastic and the experience is pretty cool, but not worth losing as much time as you would if you only had a day in the park.

We were there the week Fantasyland had the soft opening and we pretty much walked on. We went to it once and my son got picked to be in the play. If it wasn't for him being involved I would have hated it and the kids were all bored and were glad when it was over. Even if we could walk right in we wouldn't do it again.

If we had little girls that liked princesses or very little kids it might be different although I don't think I would enjoy it anymore. They should make an exit right after you walk through the mirror.

I saw it one night during EMH and waited about 10 minutes. I thought it was super cute and there were cool effects in the cottage, but I did feel kind of creepy being there watching kids (and some adults) performing by myself (by myself within the bigger group, I should say...everyone else in my party had gone back to the hotel). So I would recommend trying it out once to experience it, but I wouldn't make it a priority as adults and I wouldn't go by yourself!

I will now be killed.
We have seen this as two adults. Thought special effects were cool, as was the Enchanted Cottage itself. Thought little show was kind of okay the first time...until they got to the PhotoPass part....we both looked at each other and said.."Okay, we're in the gift shop now."

Then went with child, shy child mind you. She was given a leftover part and kudos to them for not leaving any children out but unless your kid jumps up and down...well, at least we knew what to prepare her for and she was not disappointed. Neither was she very excited about the show.

And by the second time we saw it...I feel very strongly that it is a Disney rip off for PhotoPass.

Everyone should form their own opinion. I actually feel badly that I'm stuck with this feeling.

We loved it. Kids are unpredictible, which makes it more fun.

It amazes me that people question this one (from adult perspective), but jump up and down for Peter Pan...or most of the rides at MK, they are all geared towards kids ; )

I never got the PP+ vibe...they have a very limited time to pass the cards out, so they probably have to be loud and aggressive.

I went with my husband over the summer, and I thought it was really cute! It was a lot of fun to watch the kids act out the story. Even if you don't care about that part, you should go to see Lumiere. He is one of the most advanced audio animatronic figures I have ever seen--rivaling the cars in RSR at DCA!!

We saw it last week. Pretty much had to drag my "all boy" ds6 in to see it. Both of my boys liked it ok. I thought it was cute, and I am glad that i saw it once. Probably wouldn't do it again unless there was no line, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter