Enchanted - Has anyone seen the movie?

VERY CUTE...definite must see again. I went with my DH, DD5 and DD2...DD2 got restless in the last 10 minutes so my DH had to take her to the lobby and miss the end so that stunk, but it was GREAT!!

Loved the music so much that I got the CD yesterday...now I am debating if I put it in my DDs stocking or listen to it now. :rotfl2:

I took my DS's 6 anad 9 to see it Sunday. We all liked it.
Did anyone else notice some Disney songs playing in the background of a couple of scenes? If you haven't seen it yet or will see it again, listen during the part where Giselle meets Robert's clients at his place of work. :thumbsup2

I took my DS's 6 anad 9 to see it Sunday. We all liked it.
Did anyone else notice some Disney songs playing in the background of a couple of scenes? If you haven't seen it yet or will see it again, listen during the part where Giselle meets Robert's clients at his place of work. :thumbsup2

Yes! There are many nods and winks to the previous princesses, it was fun spotting them.

In the scene where the show the soap opera in the background you can hear a little "Beauty and the Beast" because the soap actress in the scene is Paige O' Hara (Belle)

When Prince Edward was knocking on apartment doors looking for Giselle, one of the doors was opened by Judy Kuhn (Pocohontas singing voice.)

Jody Benson (Ariel) was Patrick Dempsey's secrectary and they play a few bars from the Little Mermaid.

And of course Julie Andrews at the narrator!

Loved the movie!

I thought it was mostly cute BUT why oh, why didn't Idina Menzel get to sing? Her role so did not make use of her talents.

I thought it was mostly cute BUT why oh, why didn't Idina Menzel get to sing? Her role so did not make use of her talents.

I thought the same thing! I mean, it's Idina Menzel- please let her sing!! i was so hoping she would in some scenes.

My DH and DD5 and I went on thanksgiving day and really enjoyed it. My DD loves Giselle and really wants the doll, the dress, etc. She is hoping we can see her in the park when we visit in May. She even said that maybe Giselle and Ariel are really sisters! (The red hair).

My thoughts exactly! I read that Stephen Schwartz (Wicked) originally wrote a song for her to sing at the end (I don't want to give the end away for those who haven't seen it) but they decided against it since she doesn't sing in the beginning of the movie.

Although she does sing the song on the ending credits of Beowulf, it's gorgeous!

Unlike the majority of the posters on this board, I am not much of a fan of Disney princess movies. Never was. I was the kid who wanted watch Dark Shadows, Star Trek and Night Gallery. So DH and I took DD8 to see Enchanted as the lesser of evils of all the kid movies that were available this past weekend.

I'd heard it was a parody, so that helped. Off we went. We all loved it. :thumbsup2 The audience response was very positive. Without giving anything away, the movie does not take itself too seriously and the boys will not be gagging over how sickly sweet and princessy it is...because it isn't. Just when you think it's going that way, they zing you with something that cracks you up.

If a grown man like DH laughed at it, I can honestly recommend it to anyone. popcorn::

I am soooo glad to read this... I am the ANTI PRINCESS and fought it like a champ, until I read this. My son might even give it a chance now!

We love parodies so this might be up our alley!

Although she does sing the song on the ending credits of Beowulf, it's gorgeous!

Does she really? OK, now I have to take DD9 to Beowulf this weekend. The deal was that if she went with DH, me and DD15 to see Enchanted, I would take her to Beowulf (not exactly my kind of movie):headache: , but now I have a reason to go for me. :thumbsup2

DD13 saw Enchanted and thoguht it was OK. Afterward she said she was surprised it got 100% fresh on http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/enchanted/. (It's down to 92% now)

Does she really? OK, now I have to take DD9 to Beowulf this weekend. The deal was that if she went with DH, me and DD15 to see Enchanted, I would take her to Beowulf (not exactly my kind of movie):headache: , but now I have a reason to go for me. :thumbsup2

DS15 saw Beowulf and had nothing nice to say. Just called it weird. Good luck with that. If it's anything like the book we read in HS, well, you're a nicer mom than me.

I'm not sure I'd sit through a whole movie to get to the credits (but to be fair I haven't seen the movie.)

Here's a clip of her singing the song..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dadH9BTBpfk

oh, btw, her new album comes out Jan 29th. :)

DS15 saw Beowulf and had nothing nice to say. Just called it weird. Good luck with that. If it's anything like the book we read in HS, well, you're a nicer mom than me.

I know, I'm a pushover, but DD9 is really into graphic novels (particularly Neil Gaiman) so she was begging. I also read the book in HS (10th grade) and I have a feeling this movie will be a lot worse as far as violence. I am also dreading the Angelina Jolie semi-nude scene.

However, at least I am going into this with my eyes open, not like when I took her to see Rent when it came out a few years ago. :eek:

I took my DD 12 over the weekend. We had just returned from our trip to WDW and were hoping to extend the magic. The movie did not disappoint! We both loved it. My daughter, who is hard to please, said it was better than Hairspray (her last favorite movie). She even thought Patrick Dempsey was cute, a huge compliment from a very hard to please 12 year old!!:thumbsup2

I was amazed at the audience mix--teenagers on dates, moms and kids, middle-aged couples--the whole gamut. After the movie, the crowd I was with applauded! I haven't seen an audience applaud a movie in a very, very long time!

Nikita

We are kind of strict about evil witches and spells in movies we see for our kids.

Can you please tell me if the witch part of the movie is long or a huge part of the movie?
For example, no Snow White movie or Snow White ride at WDW.

My 3 girls want to see this so bad. Those that saw it, can you comment?
Thank you in advance.

Pam

We are kind of strict about evil witches and spells in movies we see for our kids.

Can you please tell me if the witch part of the movie is long or a huge part of the movie?
For example, no Snow White movie or Snow White ride at WDW.

My 3 girls want to see this so bad. Those that saw it, can you comment?
Thank you in advance.

Pam

Haven't seen it but these are commonsensemedia dot org comments under the "Violence" section:

A wicked witch tries to poison Giselle; Edward wields his sword against a troll and out and about in New York City (no one is hurt). Nathaniel takes out his frustrations on Pip, mostly to humorous effect. The queen transforms into a big, threatening dragon and tries to kill Giselle and Robert (after doing her best to do Giselle in via other means).

We haven't seen it yet but last night I picked up the Giselle (Barbie type) doll at the Disney Store for DD9 for Christmas. It was originally $12.50 and marked down 25%, so less than $10 with tax.

Another HUGE thumbs up for Enchanted!

I laughed OUT LOUD many times in this movie. I don't often do that while watching movies, unless someone very obviously trips or some other kind of physical clutzy or self humiliation type of humor (my DH finds me warped). The way this movie pokes fun at Disney itself, was worth a good laugh throughout the entire first 15 minutes. I heard boys as well as girls laughing throughout the entire film.

The chipmunk was fantastic (being a rodent lover, myself).

McDreamy did NOT disappoint.

I'm a sucker for a true happy ending.

As far as the menacing witch... the only violence is at the very end and doesn't dominate the ending. It isn't at all graphic, just dark.

We're looking forward to seeing it again! DH wasn't with us, so we'll use that as our excuse for needing to go back!

pamluvsdisney: the witch and her minion's attempt to cast a evil spell on Giselle is really central to the movie. It is very much like Snow White in that respect and in fact I think this part of the movie figures even more prominently in Enchanted than in Snow White. :(

My hubby said we will have to get it on DVD. It is on the level of Princess Bride, a true classic.

But......

I can't get the song "That's How You Know" out of my head...... AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter