Empty boat on Magic!!

I was on the last sailing of the Magic and our Server told us there were around 800 on our cruise and the next sailing was only expecting 500! We wanted to stay on!!
How do you find out what the expected rate is before the cruise?

How do you find out what the expected rate is before the cruise?

We asked a cast member and he told us the approximate number on our sailing and the approimate expected number on the next sailing. The cast and crew are well aware of the very low numbers. They have had to make many adjustments. The situation is very anxiety-provoking for them. I wish we could sail every cruise for them!

I checked upcoming sailings on magic because I was considering switching from the fantasy and its looking a lot more booked up next month. Probably since more people will have their kids vaxed by then.

We were supposed to be on the Magic last week - had to cancel due to COVID exposure of our kids. We rescheduled but now I'm even more sad that we couldn't make it.

With such low numbers, how much is DCL losing per sailing?

LAX
Ship has to have same care empty or full. So that’s a fixed cost.
But Guest services are different. I’m figuring my family fare covered one employee check for each person I brought. Let’s just say concierge is responsible for the captain and the directors paycheck.
But the advertisement costs…they are going to have to take that one on the chin.

We asked a cast member and he told us the approximate number on our sailing and the approimate expected number on the next sailing. The cast and crew are well aware of the very low numbers. They have had to make many adjustments. The situation is very anxiety-provoking for them. I wish we could sail every cruise for them!

I'm really feeling for the crew. and trying to set aside as much as possible for gratuity. On a side note. Does anyone know what the vaccination requirements are for the crew?

Remember when folks were reporting some pixie dust occurrences with receiving free upgrades? I wonder with lower guest totals, if this is still happening or even happening more often?

I'm really feeling for the crew. and trying to set aside as much as possible for gratuity. On a side note. Does anyone know what the vaccination requirements are for the crew?

The crew are fully vaccinated and are tested daily.

Remember when folks were reporting some pixie dust occurrences with receiving free upgrades? I wonder with lower guest totals, if this is still happening or even happening more often?

I believe everyone on the 1/17 cruise that had booked deck 2 was moved to a higher deck. Many reported being moved from an oceanview to a verandah.

I’m thinking maybe not too much. Each house keeping station probably has a worker. Every worker needs a paycheck. Not enough to go around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter