Emma discovers the Magic of Disney thanks to MAW

keetmommy

Mouseketeer
here is the link to our pre-trip report...with all important info..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2112856

Monday June 15,2009

We were picked up at 3:45 with a Limo and took a ride to Green Bay’s Airport,

MakeAWishTrip003.jpg

flight from Green Bay to Milwaukee was quick, Mom was a little nervous with the little plane but it went well.
Then we got on the plane in Milwaukee taxied out on the runway, then turned back. Sat on the plane for a while, eventually getting off the plane. Due to a ‘sticky valve on the AC. Eventually we did get a new plane and got off the ground into the air.
Arriving in Sunny Florida a few hours later then we were suppose to, While mom sat through orientation, dad and the kids got ice cream. Emma dropped her ice cream on the floor…got more icecream.
That night we went to dinner a Joe’s Crab Shack, everyone was really hungry after not eating all day. I think the crab was the best crab I have ever had. Emma got a cheese burger and a Palm tree hat! She did some dancing with the palm tree hate hitting everyone around her in the face. Delaney got ‘Bimp’ (shrimp) but was mad because she wanted crab once she saw the rest of our steam pots.

MakeAWishTrip034.jpg

After we got back Emma took a bath in the deep bath tub and ended up with tons of bubbles—Thanks Daddy! Allie, Delaney and Mom went for a walk and got more ice cream and rode on the merry-go-round…
Everyone was tired and fell asleep fairly early.

Tuesday June 16, 2009

We got up and went to the Ginger Bread house for breakfast, really enjoyed the eggs with onions and peppers. After breakfast rode on the merry-go-round with Blue from Blues Clues. Then we headed out for Sea World, the line to get in was long but we got through it quickly. Right away we headed right to feed the dolphins. All three kids got trays of fish.(Mom shared with Delaney ) They came right up to us and we got to pet them and they ‘smiled’ at us. One of the trainers came and asked who the wish child was and brought the dolphin named “Potter’ over to us and had him do tricks for us. It was so cool and the dolphins felt neat.

MakeAWishTrip044.jpg

After feeding the dolphins we saw some manatee, they are in a Manatee rescue, they were HUGE….

Then we went to the dolphin show, it was “AWSOME’ as Emma said, it involved brightly colored birds and people dressed as birds flying through the air doing acrobatics, riding on the dolphins.

Went to Believe with Shamo, we did get wet. It was not a good day to wear white pants. Before Shamo came out another Whale was out and Delaney said “BIG!!”

We all got temporary tattoos, except for Dad
We rode Atlantas, Emma and Delaney were scared and Emma was afraid she was going to fall out, we only got a little wet. It was cool because we didn’t have to stand in line at all.
Emma bought a dolphin and a book, but didn’t get charged for the book, we went back to pay, the lady told me that it was great we were so Honest and maybe we would win the lottery, I said “We already have”
By 3 we were all hot and headed back to GKTW to cool down, ordered chicken to be delivered to the Villa, it was Boston Market food and REALLY good, then we ran down to the pool for a while.
Then we did what Emma likes to do best, we went SHOPPING at down town Disney. The girls got a bunch of stuff at the princess store and then we got blue Goofy Slushies that were really good, and got some stuff at the Chef Mickey store and Allie got earrings to replace hers that had broke.
On the way home it started to storm and rained really hard. Em and Delaney took another bath in the deep bath tub.

Wed June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to mom! Notice who has MY Desert!!!

MakeAWishTrip122.jpg

Today we went to Universal/Margaritaville
Lunch was great, after Lunch JD came and was on the radio. Emma got to be on the radio the conversation went like this
JD: I am standing here with Emma, how old are you Emma?
Emma:7
JD:You have a special button on, what does it say?
Emma: Make A Wish
Jd You are celebrating something else special today aren’t you
Emma:Yah my moms birthday
JD:Your whole family is parrotheads right?
Emma:Yah except Allie and Delaney….
JD:What song are we going to play for your mom?
Emma: ‘Trip around the sun!”
1,2,3 Hit it!!!

MakeAWishTrip124.jpg

Then we went into Universal, went to an animal show and got to stay after for a special meet and greet with the dog from the Men In Black movie.

We Met The man in the yellow hat, Curious George, Scooby, Shaggy, Woody Woodpecker and Woodys girlfriend. Not standing in any lines. Jim also got a picture taken with Doc from Back to the Future. And we got a family picture taken with ET.

After that we went to Shrek 4D, Delaney liked getting sneezed on…
Afterwards we shopped at Margaritaville….Jim and I were like kids in a candy store…
Then we went back to GKTW and ate dinner and had Ice Cream, rode the train and had a great time….

Thursday June 18,2009

Today we started to experience the magic of Disney first hand. At the Village in the morning we Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Donald..and last but not least Belle.

MakeAWishTrip208.jpg

Emma asked Belle if she would be a dinner at Norway that night? Belle said yup, and then Em asked about Cinderella. She said she isn’t normally there, but lets go and write her a note. So she took her by the hand and walked away with her to write Cinderella a note.
We got to Epcot at about 2, got to walk to the front of every ride we went on, and for meeting all the characters. We met all the characters again we met in the morning and and we also met Donald Duck.
We went on the ride Sorin’ it was SO cool…Delaney didn’t like it at all but the rest of us thought it was cool.
It rained REALLY hard for a while and we tried hard to stay dry.

So at about 8:10 the magic started…we got to dinner and saw Belle and she told Emma that Cinderella and her had Tea that afternoon and that Cinderella was there!!!!!!! We also saw Snow White and Sleeping Beauty that we now know is Aurora..Every Princess came up and said "So you are Princess Emma!"

MakeAWishTrip229.jpg

Afterwards we walked around the world showcase it was really neat in the Dark.
We got back to the Villa and everyone was really tired, we went to bed and all fell asleep quickly.

Wow! What an awesome trip so far! :goodvibes

Sounds like you guys had several magical moments!

What a GREAT picture of the dolphins! It sounds like they were great to Emma and you guys and you got to see special tricks. Awesome!

Totally cracks me up that they had your dessert. :rotfl:

I am not sure I understand the whole radio thing? I need more info on that! How do you get to be on the radio? I have never heard of a wish child getting to do that...how special! :cheer2:

Today we started to experience the magic of Disney first hand. At the Village in the morning we Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Donald..and last but not least Belle.

MakeAWishTrip208.jpg

Emma asked Belle if she would be a dinner at Norway that night? Belle said yup, and then Em asked about Cinderella. She said she isn’t normally there, but lets go and write her a note. So she took her by the hand and walked away with her to write Cinderella a note.

How precious! :love: What a great job Belle did setting that up! Some Disney magic to get the note all the way to Cinderella at Epcot. :goodvibes

So at about 8:10 the magic started…we got to dinner and saw Belle and she told Emma that Cinderella and her had Tea that afternoon and that Cinderella was there!!!!!!! We also saw Snow White and Sleeping Beauty that we now know is Aurora..Every Princess came up and said "So you are Princess Emma!"

MakeAWishTrip229.jpg

aw... this is wonderful. Just wonderful! :cloud9:

Friday June 19, 2009

Spent the day at Magic Kingdom went late because we wanted to stay for the fireworks, it was warm but we had a great time. Road Splash Mountain where we got really wet!!! The tea cups

MakeAWishTrip292.jpg

MakeAWishTrip293.jpg

stayed late for the fireworks and the light parade (don't really have any good pictures of that)

Saturday June 20,2009

Went to Animal Kingdom, it was REALLY hot and REALLY busy...we road the Rapids and went on Safari...not to much else more, JIm was starting to get sick and the heat was stifling...Went back and just prepared to head home

Sunday June 21, 2009

Went home and this is how we all felt

MakeAWishTrip365.jpg

Maroo-

The radio thing really had nothing to do with MAW had more to do with us.

Em, Jim and I are HUGE parrotheads (Jimmy Buffett fans for those that don't know) and we had met JD last year at Margaritaville when we were down there, he asked Emma if she wanted to be on the air and it just kindof happened. It is on Sirus radio..we knew what day we would be there so we set our DVR to record so we have it forever!! It was SO cool....:yay: The Cinderella thing is what gets me, because all I read she is NEVER at Norway so somehow they did it!!! I say the Magic of Disney!

What a great start to your TR! You are cranking it out! I love the balloon hat and seems like Universal was tons of fun for the family!

What a special night at Epcot! I love how that disney magic just happens!

Looking forward to more!

I did a bunch of it as the week went on in Word so I didn't forget..so I am just copy and pasting...
We had planned on her wearing her beautiful Snow white dress..but it was SO hot and rain was foretasted so we wore lighter clothes--which was good because it rained--REALLY REALLY REALLY hard that day...we looked like drowned rats most of the day...and very shiney in every picture. My cd from photopass should be here soon with LOTS of pictures of a Shiney Happy Family

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I especially love the princess story. It's amazing what they can do for you! Thanks for sharing!

here are a few of our photo pass pictures.....

Image44.jpg

I was wondering what was up with this picture but WHAT THE ????

Image52.jpg

Shows each of our girls perfectally!!

Image49.jpg

Love the night pictures...

Image43.jpg

Image29.jpg

OH NO THE DUCK IS GOING TO GET ME!!!!!!

Image18.jpg

Great pics! I am glad you got so many of them. :thumbsup2 They look great!!

And the Simba pic is great.

And Donald getting ya...how funny!

Thank you so, so much for sharing your trip with us!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter