• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMM @ MK today (8/21)

OurLaughingPlace

DIS Veteran
This day finally came!!! party: Extra Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom!pixiedust:
I decided to post ASAP because I've enjoyed reading those threads of those who did the EMM in preparation for our trip. Hopefully this post will help some of you plan.
We left Contemporary resort at 7:10am and walked to the MK (got our teen DD's up and moving:rotfl:). We arrived at MK @ 7:25am and were through bag check and metal detectors (sent everyone through) and had our special bands on by 7:30am. They then let everyone through the turnstiles. At 7:40am they let us (EMM people and PPO breakfast people) into the MK (just allowed to walk at our own pace; it was very civilized:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2). We snapped a couple of quick pictures on the way to Fantasyland and then headed to Mine Train. We had 5 rides on Mine Train, 4 rides on Pooh, 2 rides on Tea Cups, and 1 ride on Carousel (we did need to get off after each ride and then go back through FP line). Peter Pan was down all EMM and I think it opened up around 10:30am (so they opened up Teacups and Carousel). We were told that because PP was down, we had FP for PP, Pooh, 7DMT, Teacups and Carousel all day with our bands; however, each time we went to Peter Pan, the FP line was backed up to Philarmagic :eek:. Too hot to stand in the Peter Pan FP 'sun' line - on our way out at noon as it was getting busy; we stopped into Guest Services and got a FP for PP for our next visit August 30th. We would have likely rode PP 3-4 times (we love it!) but are here for a long visit and will get lots of rides on it this trip, so are happy with 1 FP each. We did use our EMM bands for another ride on 7DMT.
At 8:55am we went to Haunted Mansion and IASW (I think it's going into refurbishment tomorrow so we wanted to make sure we got on it). Then we were at breakfast by 9:25am. It was very good. We even had a seat looking over IASW. We had orange juice, apple juice and water (but no longer in bottles, just glasses that you filled yourself), yogurt drinks, milk, Greek strawberry yogurt, spinach/mushroom frittata, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage (pork and chicken sausages), french toast, some sort of potato, fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple), croissants, cinnamon rolls and chocolate croissant/pastry. The pastries were fresh, the fruit was fresh/cold, and we liked the salsa/cheddar for our scrambled eggs.
Cast members were extremely friendly; everything is very clean (as we usually notice about Disney). It was a positive experience and we would book this event again (we only get to Disney once a year, so it is 'worth it' to our family for this relaxed hour of rides and a nice breakfast).
Now back at Contemporary ... it was a hot morning and we need a rest :faint: before a swim! Tonight we are doing Pirates and Palspirate: fireworks cruise ... these things are great to do while at location of the Contemporary!:woohoo:

Glad you enjoyed!

I would never pay what they are asking for this event, but I am happy to read that people who spring for it feel it's worthwhile.

Glad you enjoyed!

I would never pay what they are asking for this event, but I am happy to read that people who spring for it feel it's worthwhile.
Thanks:-) We definitely debated the price, but my dad came with us (mid-70's, heart issues) and he is such a BIG Disney fan! He doesn't move as quick as he used to, although he tries. It was more for him than my kids lol. He loved the space and magical feel. Might do EMM again next year if it's still a ticketed event.

Was there today as well with a party of 6: DS11, DD9 and 4 adults (one on his first ever WDW trip).

Despite the issue with Pan, we loved it! 7DMT 7 times, Pan twice once it came online -- 8min wait each time in FP line, Pooh twice all by 8:45am. Breakfast was tasty as well. We walked on IASW and HM after breakfast and park opening.

Would do it again in a heartbeat, especially for someone's 1st WDW trip. :)

The way I justified it was that I thought about it as a PPO breakfast. We did BOG PPO breakfast before, ad that ends up running $30 per person. But there’s no guarantee of getting on any rides at that price. EMM guarantees many rides for just $30 more than I was already going to spend.

Great report. Glad to see they opened TWO more rides because Peter Pan was closed. (Honestly they should have the carousel and/or teacups open for EMM anyway .. for such a low crowd I am sure some kids would just love riding those over and over. )

I would definitely consider this some morning.

Question . .how far out do they announce these EMM days? Or are they regular (once or twice a week on the same day?)

Great report! We're doing MK EMM on Sunday morning and I can't wait! Where do you get the special bands? Is it to the left near where the PPO people check-in?

Thanks for sharing! I have not read one negative report on MK EMM yet, so I'm glad people are enjoying it. We have it booked for Tuesday 9/6, and we're so excited! I am really looking forward to it.

We did EMM on the 23rd and thought it sensible to add our experience here. Although the event itself was great and we loved it the part which went wrong for us was actually getting in and here is our experience of that for anyone interested;

We got to MK around 7.15 and were second in a line that quickly grew for EMM. Our bands were scanned on an iPad and we were given wristbands. They started scanning to let people into the holding area at the front of the park around 7:35. This is where there was a problem. Our bands would not work. It gave different errors for each band. This was our first morning yet we had checked with front desk we were good to go and had a package through Disney so expected no problems!

We were sent to the ticket booth on the opposite side. We waited several minutes for help whilst many people were sent from the EMM line to join us with similar issues. By the time we were seen there were around 8 or 9 parties experiencing the same thing. The problem was Disney hadn't downloaded our tickets yet as I was told and we spend a few minutes getting it sorted. We then had to run back across the front of the park to get back in, now right at the back of the line which had already started to be let in.

Whilst I think the event was great and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, if it's your first day in the parks and you want to be in quickly, make sure everything works before you get in line! The poor people behind us at the ticket booth would no way have made it.

The way I justified it was that I thought about it as a PPO breakfast. We did BOG PPO breakfast before, ad that ends up running $30 per person. But there’s no guarantee of getting on any rides at that price. EMM guarantees many rides for just $30 more than I was already going to spend.
exactly!!

Great report! We're doing MK EMM on Sunday morning and I can't wait! Where do you get the special bands? Is it to the left near where the PPO people check-in?
Yes, when you walk into MK (after going through bag check and screening) a CM with an iPad will greet you and ask if you have EMM or PPO breakfast. Once you tell them you have EMM, you will give them your name and get in line. Another CM was coming around and putting bands on us (we had light blue bands that said Early Morning Magic on them). It's so much fun! It seems crowded at first, but then when everyone else goes to their breakfast or BBB princess makeovers, the crowd thins out for EMM people. ENJOY:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We did EMM on the 23rd and thought it sensible to add our experience here. Although the event itself was great and we loved it the part which went wrong for us was actually getting in and here is our experience of that for anyone interested;

We got to MK around 7.15 and were second in a line that quickly grew for EMM. Our bands were scanned on an iPad and we were given wristbands. They started scanning to let people into the holding area at the front of the park around 7:35. This is where there was a problem. Our bands would not work. It gave different errors for each band. This was our first morning yet we had checked with front desk we were good to go and had a package through Disney so expected no problems!

We were sent to the ticket booth on the opposite side. We waited several minutes for help whilst many people were sent from the EMM line to join us with similar issues. By the time we were seen there were around 8 or 9 parties experiencing the same thing. The problem was Disney hadn't downloaded our tickets yet as I was told and we spend a few minutes getting it sorted. We then had to run back across the front of the park to get back in, now right at the back of the line which had already started to be let in.

Whilst I think the event was great and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, if it's your first day in the parks and you want to be in quickly, make sure everything works before you get in line! The poor people behind us at the ticket booth would no way have made it.
I'm sorry that happened to you. It is such an expensive event, that would have bothered me too. EMM was our second park day, but we had issues activating our magic band tickets on the first park visit and it drove me nuts to have to stand in the Guest Relations window to get tickets going even though we arrived early to park for rope drop.

Yes, when you walk into MK (after going through bag check and screening) a CM with an iPad will greet you and ask if you have EMM or PPO breakfast. Once you tell them you have EMM, you will give them your name and get in line. Another CM was coming around and putting bands on us (we had light blue bands that said Early Morning Magic on them). It's so much fun! It seems crowded at first, but then when everyone else goes to their breakfast or BBB princess makeovers, the crowd thins out for EMM people. ENJOY:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yup! Different colors on different days...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter