• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMM dates open thru december?

boomgoesthemickey

Mouseketeer
Looking into booking HS EMM for our end of october trip and as of now all the saturdays on our trip are sold out. Does anyone know when these were available to book, also is it a little strange that the HS dates are up and not the ones for MK?

Looking into booking HS EMM for our end of october trip and as of now all the saturdays on our trip are sold out. Does anyone know when these were available to book, also is it a little strange that the HS dates are up and not the ones for MK?

I would say that is strange, but Disney has been doing lots of strange things lately. I can't believe they are sold out; it just hasn't been out there that long, and it hasn't done very well. My guess is they're still trying to decide if they can afford to offer it, so they're showing sold out until they make that decision. I would keep checking every day to see what happens with it.

It is also strange that ONLY the Saturdays show up as an option. Weren't there two days/week in the beginning?

I just looked for these as well. It is very weird that they are already sold out-- maybe they haven't been fully released yet?

I would say that is strange, but Disney has been doing lots of strange things lately. I can't believe they are sold out; it just hasn't been out there that long, and it hasn't done very well. My guess is they're still trying to decide if they can afford to offer it, so they're showing sold out until they make that decision. I would keep checking every day to see what happens with it.

It is also strange that ONLY the Saturdays show up as an option. Weren't there two days/week in the beginning?

Yeah I plan on checking first thing in the morning going forward, hopefully they open up more dates

I had a similar issue with September dates. They had originally announced (and let people book) for both Mondays and Wednesdays. A week or two after they were released, all Wednesdays in September showed sold out. When in reality, Disney cancelled those days. They were finally removed from the booking calendar after a few weeks. My guess is that it is a glitch and they aren't sold out yet given that I don't believe it has sold out any date yet.

FYI the dates weren't even there yesterday. I've been looking for October EMM basically every day for over a month now and today was the first action I've seen for October.

I just checked (Mon afternoon) and found only EMM for DHS in December on Sat, Dec 10, and Sat, Dec 17. It said there was nothing for my party of 6 to book. Is that their way of claiming "sold out"? Does that sounds "right"? Is it only a Saturday thing?

Will this be available between Christmas and New Years?

Thanks.

I just checked (Mon afternoon) and found only EMM for DHS in December on Sat, Dec 10, and Sat, Dec 17. It said there was nothing for my party of 6 to book. Is that their way of claiming "sold out"? Does that sounds "right"? Is it only a Saturday thing?

Will this be available between Christmas and New Years?

Who knows?? Right now it doesn't seem to be available at all, even though the website says it is "there." No one has been able to book it, and there's no way it is sold out. The few that have actually taken place in August have been poorly attended, as in less than 100 people.

Who knows?? Right now it doesn't seem to be available at all, even though the website says it is "there." No one has been able to book it, and there's no way it is sold out. The few that have actually taken place in August have been poorly attended, as in less than 100 people.

I called to ask about the December DHS dates, and the CM thought that if they're listed, then they're "in the system." So, to her mind, the fact that she couldn't book it for me meant that it was "sold out." I didn't challenge her. She's doing her best with an employer who is playing games, testing demand, making up their mind. But yeah, I think they just have not decided.
I think December presents some difficulty in that the regular park hours still might change to open an hour earlier for the holiday crush, which would either cancel EMMs or push them to 7am start times. How many people would get up at 5am to leave their room by 6am to get to a park at 7am in Dec when the sun does not rise until 7:30?

These appear to be bookable now - I just tried 10/8 for 2 and it's available. (Unfortunately they skipped right over 10/1, which is the Saturday we'll be there. :sad1:)

Edit: I see availability for dates in Nov and Dec, as well.

These appear to be bookable now - I just tried 10/8 for 2 and it's available. (Unfortunately they skipped right over 10/1, which is the Saturday we'll be there. :sad1:)

Edit: I see availability for dates in Nov and Dec, as well.
yeah, dates are open for booking through Dec. 17th. Only Saturdays for October, November and December (excluding Oct. 1st)

Booked the EMM for 10/15. Our older kids in the travel party wanted to do this instead of H&V pre RD. Hoping to do Jedi sign ups then too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter