Emh

elibax

Earning My Ears
Anyone been recently that would know what rides are open for EMH??? We are going next week:cool1: but Peter Pans flight and the Tea cups are closed. Have they added any in?? We only have one morning of EMH so would love if a few extra rides are open. When we were there last year Star Tours was one, we went on it 5 times in a row-the poor CM thought Emily was going to throw her breakfast up:laughing:

Anyone been recently that would know what rides are open for EMH??? We are going next week:cool1: but Peter Pans flight and the Tea cups are closed. Have they added any in?? We only have one morning of EMH so would love if a few extra rides are open. When we were there last year Star Tours was one, we went on it 5 times in a row-the poor CM thought Emily was going to throw her breakfast up:laughing:

I was at disney last week and EMH was rubbish. The only rides that were open were the teacups, dumbo and the carousel. Everything else was shut, you couldn't even get into the studios to walk around.

I was at disney last week and EMH was rubbish. The only rides that were open were the teacups, dumbo and the carousel. Everything else was shut, you couldn't even get into the studios to walk around.

Ah no aj-that is disappointing!!! When we were there last we had dumbo, carousel, buzz, teacups and star tours!
We are staying our first night in Santa Fe, with no park tickets so the plan was to get up, have breakfast at 7 then get to Disneyland Hotel to get park tickets for EMH. Looks like there will be a lot of sitting on a horse:lmao:
We have one newbie coming with us who is 9 so am sure we will have fun looking around.
Thanks!!

No Buzz Laser Blast, no Space Mountain, no Orbitron? Thats very unusual :confused3.

The Studios don't usually open until around 9.30am.

Due to changes for the upcoming 20th anniversary or just yearly maintenance? or is this the new EMH schedule as it's different from what's posted on their site.

We are there next week as well and EMH is Monday and Wed. It's not looking so good then, also appears that Space Mountain is closed 1st and 2nd Feb :(

I went the second week of January and the Tea Cups, Dumbo, the Carousel, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain was open for EMH from 8am. Star Tours was meant to be open from EMH, but not on the days we were there.

No Buzz Laser Blast, no Space Mountain, no Orbitron? Thats very unusual :confused3.

The Studios don't usually open until around 9.30am.

No, buzz was shut for maintenance Discoveryland, Frontier and Adventured were all closed till ten.

Due to changes for the upcoming 20th anniversary or just yearly maintenance? or is this the new EMH schedule as it's different from what's posted on their site.

I have no idea why, just that every section we tried was roped off till 10am... We were stood freezing at the entrance to adventure land chatting to one of the cast members ( think she was working the Pirates of the Caribbean ride that day) saying that EMH was terrible and she couldn't give us an answer why either.

I went the second week of January and the Tea Cups, Dumbo, the Carousel, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain was open for EMH from 8am. Star Tours was meant to be open from EMH, but not on the days we were there.

What days were you there?. I arrived on the 15th which was a Sunday. There was nothing open on the monday except the baby rides as we couldn't get to space mountain as the whole area was roped off.

I thought that EMH has only ever been in Discoveryland and Fantasyland :confused:

elibax Buzz Lightyear is due to reopen today or tomorrow, that's always been open for EMH when we've been before and I would imagine Orbitron and Space Mountain too.
In Fantasyland I'm not sure what they'll open, I would've thought Dumbo and the Carousel and maybe if we're lucky IASW instead of Peter Pan and EMH is only on Monday and Wednesday next week, I'm going to try and get GMF breakfasts for Tuesday and Thursday :)

I thought that EMH has only ever been in Discoveryland and Fantasyland :confused:

Dunno i was expecting more, if that is all that is ever open, then TBH it's not worth it. I mean 2 hrs extra for what 3 or so rides..?. I don't know if Buzz was open on the sunday for EMH as we arrived in the afternoon but as i said it was closed for scheduled maintenance from the monday.
elibax Buzz Lightyear is due to reopen today or tomorrow, that's always been open for EMH when we've been before and I would imagine Orbitron and Space Mountain too.
In Fantasyland I'm not sure what they'll open, I would've thought Dumbo and the Carousel and maybe if we're lucky IASW instead of Peter Pan and EMH is only on Monday and Wednesday next week, I'm going to try and get GMF breakfasts for Tuesday and Thursday :)

Is EMH usually only on set days then?. As it was soo poor on the monday we didn't bother after that.

I just put it down to the time of year, but still felt dissapointed.

Thanks jill!! We dont get there til tues afternoon, and leave on friday night, so Wednesday will be our only day. Hoping that Peter Pan will be open, it has an asterix beside it on DLRP, and it's not showing on the Disneyland website

Is EMH usually only on set days then?. As it was soo poor on the monday we didn't bother after that.

I just put it down to the time of year, but still felt dissapointed.

Its only Fantasyland and Discoveryland which open for EMH in the main park - the rides which are usually open (if they're not down for refurb/maintenance) are Carousel, Teacups, Dumbo and Peter Pans Flight in Fantasyland, and Buzz, Space Mountain and Orbitron in Discoveryland.

At certain times of the year EMH are not every day (including January/beginning of February).

If we're staying onsite and its not really really quiet in the parks we'll do the first hour of EMH from 8am until 9am on the open rides (doing them again and again in some cases :)) then we'll go for breakfast, either a GMF one, or a Salon Mickey version, at just after 9am. That gives up plenty time to eat and have a hot drink, then we can be where we want to be at ropedrop, or over at the Studios for just after 9.30am.

But, if the parks are really quiet during our stay, we often don't bother with EMH at all, now that my DD is older.

if one bought the Francilien tickets and booked a room-only to stay on-site at DLP, is EMH still available?

when we have been and one of the fantasyland rides has been closed for refurb then its a small world has been open for EMH instead. Likewise Space Mountain has been closed on several of our visits and Star Tours has been open in its place. I would try asking when you arrive at the santa fe to see if it is worthwhile making the effort to get up.

if one bought the Francilien tickets and booked a room-only to stay on-site at DLP, is EMH still available?

yes :) - but remember the Francillien AP is blocked for use as a park ticket on the 2nd and 3rd day after you've bought and activated it.

yes :) - but remember the Francillien AP is blocked for use as a park ticket on the 2nd and 3rd day after you've bought and activated it.

These aren't the AP...these are 1-day tickets each. One is for the weekend day we're there and the other is for the week day.

These aren't the AP...these are 1-day tickets each. One is for the weekend day we're there and the other is for the week day.

yes, thats fine. As long as the park tickets you have are valid for the days you're visitng, and you're staying onsite, you get access to EMH. You use your hotel ID easypass (its a little slip of paper with your room number and hotel name on it, given to you when you check in) to access EMH, along with your valid park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter