Emh

MTLFamily

Earning My Ears
I wanted to sound off about access to EMH. We just got back from WDW yesterday, we had a great time overall.
I am disappointed with how the EMH are handled with resort guests. I witnessed 3 separate occasions where the CM agreed to let a non resort guest access to a ride (HS twice + EP). The last time I made a comment and he answered back that it is to the discretion of the CM to decide if someone other than a resort guess can have access. In this case it was 3 pretty girls..

Why can't WDW come up with a better solution than KTW. Maybe a system using the existing Fastpass system or back to the bracelets.

It left me feeling that the privilege as on property paying guest is not respected..

Your feedback is appreciated..

Cheers..

I am sorry you experienced that. Yes it does leave you with feeling that way. To bad you didn't get their name and turn them in before you left the park.

That really does stink, I mean come on, that is one of the reasons why we pay all that money to stay onsite. EMH is an awesome perk for onsite guests when used correctly. Luckily I have never witnessed that before, however if I did, that CM would be getting an earful ;)

The last time I made a comment and he answered back that it is to the discretion of the CM to decide if someone other than a resort guess can have access.

I don't THINK so, Tim.

alborland.gif

I'll bet if he was standing in front of his CM supervisor he'd not use that line.

I do wish they'd return to the bracelets. It's probably no easier for the CM's to check KTTW cards than simply look at people's wrists, and it'd be nice for guests to be able to put their KTTW cards in their pockets, zip them up and not have to worry about them again until they get back to the resort.

I prefer the bracelets too. It is such pain to pull out cards for the whole family at each ride, and if the kids are going to ride something separately, I worry about them losing the cards. LOL

I do wish they'd return to the bracelets. It's probably no easier for the CM's to check KTTW cards than simply look at people's wrists, and it'd be nice for guests to be able to put their KTTW cards in their pockets, zip them up and not have to worry about them again until they get back to the resort.
I agree with everything you said and I just wanted to add on reading a story like this is why I wish that WDW makes the offsite guests leave the parks, like they do for MNSSHP and MVMCP.

I prefer the bracelets too. It is such pain to pull out cards for the whole family at each ride, and if the kids are going to ride something separately, I worry about them losing the cards. LOL

So true. Not only that, I can only imagine what a hassle it must be for say, a family with 4 young children where one adult has all the cards, to have to fumble around for all of them for each ride. :scared1:

So true. Not only that, I can only imagine what a hassle it must be for say, a family with 4 young children where one adult has all the cards, to have to fumble around for all of them for each ride. :scared1:

I don't have 4 kids, but it's enough of a PITA with 2 kids! :)

So what do they do now? All you have to do is show your KTTW card and you get on the rides?
I remember getting bracelets---

So what is to stop someone from bringing their KKTW card from a past trip? Don't they all look the same??? :confused3

So what do they do now?

1- All you have to do is show your KTTW card and you get on the rides?

So what is to stop someone from bringing their KKTW card from a past trip?

2- Don't they all look the same??? :confused3

1- Yes.

2- They have DATES on them.

Some very good CM's do check the dates. On our last trip someone was attempting to use a card that must have looked older as the CM looked at it and said he was sorry but they needed a current card.

I do wish they would go back to clearing the parks and using the bracelets, but I am not holding my breath. I suppose they like the extra people eating, shopping etc. However, we always stay on property and lately we are starting to wonder if it is truly worth it.

I do wish they would go back to clearing the parks and using the bracelets,

They never "cleared the parks" for PM EMH even when they used the bracelets.

They only clear the park for the Hard Ticket Parties.
That's because there are "party-only" parade and fireworks and other events and giveaways that guests who don't have tickets should not get to experience.

But, for PM EMH, there are no parades and fireworks during the EMH, so there's no need to stop non-resort guests from anything but riding the attractions.

I thought they cleared the parks (admittiedly it was a very long time ago) and some fee may have been associated with it ? I just remember there were very few guests and it was very pleasant but my memory may be faulty.

I thought they cleared the parks (admittiedly it was a very long time ago) and some fee may have been associated with it ? I just remember there were very few guests and it was very pleasant but my memory may be faulty.

Those were called "E-Ride Nights" and pre-dated the current PM EMH.

WDW Resort guests could buy tickets (at the resort) for $10, or so,
and that WAS considered a "private event."

But, most don't remember that this was ONLY at MK.

Just the cost of staying onsite at WDW. ;)

Only things like MNSSHP or MVMCP cost extra, and like Robo said earlier, they actually do clear the park for those, since there are unique events that go on then that those party guests pay for. And these are generally less crowded than EMH, probably because of the extra cost, even for those staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter