Do you use Extra Magic Hours??

• Yes, I use both morning and evening EMH

• Yes, but I only use morning EMH

• Yes, but I only use only evening EMH

• No, I choose not to use EMH

Results are only viewable after voting.

lovedcookie

Mouseketeer
I'm curious how many people (that stay onsite) use EMH? Getting up early for morning EMH wouldn't be a problem for either DFi or myself, but I've read the park with morning EMH is frequently the busiest and its sometimes better to choose a different park. If we don't use morning EMH, we plan on being at a park before it opens. As a result, I'm wondering if it would be better to take advantage of evening EMH or not? We're planning on going to WDW in July or August 2010 for 7 days or possibly 10 days if our budget allows. We will be using Disney transportation.
Thanks
Erica:flower3:

Each EMH experience can be different.

I always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip
that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)...
never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly
empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park THEN starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
Were happy with "doing" that park for the day and we
can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until
later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights
they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.

On our most recent late-April trip to WDW,
we went to PM EMH at AK on a Wed night and PM EMH at MK
on a Sun night.
The EMH's were so EMPTY that we could have stayed on many attractions and ridden around and around.
This included Splash, BTM, and Pirates (and many more) at
MK, and Exp. Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur at AK. And
the crowds during the DAY at these parks were very
LARGE... within the first hour of EMH, they simply
"evaporated."

But, it can change so much (either way), that saying
it was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless
on another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply don't KNOW unless you go. Its similar to saying
that you attended on a given night and it rained, so
guests should never go on that night because it will
probably be rainy.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its
busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE
are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

Each EMH experience can be different.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its
busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE
are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

I agree with both of these points. The morning EMH's are great and the evening ones can be as well, but they can also be really crowded. I usually plan to be in the parks on evening EMH days and then we decide if it is worth it to stay. Often hanging around for an hour or so makes all the difference.

I like attending the morning & evening EMHs at MK the best. We can do a lot of rides line-free at MK between the hours of 8 & 11am. Then its off to another park once the late-sleepers arrive. Evening EMHs are good at MK because there are a lot of attractions open and this spreads out the crowds. Also the MK can be open quite late in the summer so EMH may run until 2 or 3am. The later it gets, the more the crowds thin out and everything becomes a walk-on. This is a good strategy for WDW in the summer - early mornings & late nights with a nap during the heat of the day.

The evening EMHs that we've attended at Epcot & MGM were pretty crowded with only a few attractions open. I've not attended AM EMHs at these parks, so I can't really say if they are worthwhile. I'd like to try an evening EMH at DAK because I'd be cool to see this park at night.

We have always used AM EMH at the water parks. It is a lifesaver! By the time we have completed all of the slides, etc. and we are ready to head out the park is starting to get crowded.

Occassionally, we use PM EMH, but very very rarely do we use AM EMH. PM works well if you're there during value time because the other parks close much earlier (also during P&P Party). To me, AM just isn't worth it 99% of the time. I like to go to the less crowded other parks at that time.

The evening EMHs that we've attended at Epcot & MGM were pretty crowded with only a few attractions open. I've not attended AM EMHs at these parks

Think "Soarin', Test Track, and Mission:Space with virtually no waiting.

Think ToT and RnR, over-and-over again.

It that's your idea of fun...(and I do) have at it!

If not, you can catch a few more zzzzzz's on those mornings.

I voted for only the evening EMH. But more often we don't do either. The morning EMH is usually too early for us (we're on vacation and getting up early isn't something we really want to do). The evening EMH's are often going much later into the night than our stamina can deal with.

Fortunately, we go during the off season and can do just about everything we want during normal park hours. And if we don't do it this trip, the next one is only a few months away.

I voted for Yes, but I only use morning EMH. I have found that when using AM EMH we can see all the top attractions right away with little or no waiting in line, so it makes for an easy day of touring the parks.

Yes and only use the evening EMH because there are way less people in the evening that I've noticed and its way longer than the morning EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter