• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH & Magic Bands?

tater1206

Mouseketeer
The last 2 years we have used the old card system for EMH on rides and such. You know, where you had to show the card to prove you were staying on property. How does this work now with the Magic Bands since everyone can purchase them? We will be there in 27 days!

You just scan your MB and go in. Or if you're arriving on your check in day but are going to the park first, just show a CM your hotel confirmation email or your MDE app showing your check in is that day and they'll let you in

They will scan them where they'd scan them for the fast passes.

We were there a few weeks ago and stayed in MK til the 3 am close of EMH and by the end of it, they were just waving people through. We also had a friend with us who wasn't staying at the hotel, but they seemed to turn a blind eye when we went on our first two attractions (before she left)

I was curious. To me one of the perks of staying property is the EMH. My brother and his family were there back in April. They stayed off site and no MB either. He said they were still able to ride things during EMH. Seems like if they don't monitor it very well then what's the point? We like going late at night and being able to ride those bigger attractions quickly.

I was curious. To me one of the perks of staying property is the EMH. My brother and his family were there back in April. They stayed off site and no MB either. He said they were still able to ride things during EMH. Seems like if they don't monitor it very well then what's the point? We like going late at night and being able to ride those bigger attractions quickly.

I feel the same as you do. If it's a resort perk, then it should be a resort perk. A lot does depend on the CM and some of them are quite relaxed in the last half hour before the end of EMH. I used to think it was because they got used to seeing us again so many times entering the same attraction. However I have experiences a fair number of CM's who really used to scrutinize the KTTW cards, checking that the date was valid etc so it does depend who is posted at the attraction at the time. They tend to check more carefully in the first hour to 90 minutes of the EMH from my experience.

Shades of Green guests also can utilize EMH , we don't have bands but show our room key, so they cant 100% rely on MB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter