EMH -how do they tell?

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
We went for EMH at MK Friday, and it was sooo crowded.
But as we got off the bus at the TTC, there was a CM checking our resort cards (we stayed at Shades of Green), which prompted me to wonder: How do the CM's at the turnstile know you're staying on property? Is your ticket/MB coded a certain way to where it would show blue if you were staying offsite trying to get in? But then if that was the case, why would they have been checking g our resort cards at the TTC?

The crowds just made me wonder if maybe some ppl were going in that weren't staying on site. I mean, I know there are a lot of resorts, but that was just insane! Lol the line for Starbucks at 0810 was 30 min... they needed to offer FP just for coffee. Lol

EMH? There's a difference between EMH and Emmh. And they might have been checking at the ttc to see if you're on site because there might have already been a lot of people waiting at the gate of MK. Sometimes when MK is getting filled up before opening I do believe they'll hold people back at ttc if it's getting too crowded

If you're there for AM EMH then only the tickets/MBs of on site guests will light up green. Anyone offsite will light up blue. And if scanners are down and CMs are manually scanning, they can see if you're offsite or not.

If you're there for PM EMH then they scan tickets/MBs before entering every ride/show. Off site guests aren't forced to leave the park, but they can't ride any rides or watch any shows that you have to get inside to see

There is actually nothing stored on a magicband. It's just an ID bracelet to find you in the computers which allows them to check just about anything about you.

In addition to @CAS239: You didn't mention if you were trying to get on the monorail when only the resort loop was running. Crowded mornings (aka a lot of people trying to get on the monorail) I've seen them scan to check if you actually need the monorail to divert people to the ferry. Once the express direct to mk loop starts to run they stop doing that. They also don't bother if there is only a few people that doesn't fill up the resort loop monorail from people trying to get to MK on monorail from resorts or getting to a resort ADR that needed to pass through ttc.

There is actually nothing stored on a magicband. It's just an ID bracelet to find you in the computers which allows them to check just about anything about you.

In addition to @CAS239: You didn't mention if you were trying to get on the monorail when only the resort loop was running. Crowded mornings (aka a lot of people trying to get on the monorail) I've seen them scan to check if you actually need the monorail to divert people to the ferry. Once the express direct to mk loop starts to run they stop doing that. They also don't bother if there is only a few people that doesn't fill up the resort loop monorail from people trying to get to MK on monorail from resorts or getting to a resort ADR that needed to pass through ttc.

They did divert us to the Ferry, but from what I heard was because the monorail didn't start until 8.

EMH? There's a difference between EMH and Emmh. And they might have been checking at the ttc to see if you're on site because there might have already been a lot of people waiting at the gate of MK. Sometimes when MK is getting filled up before opening I do believe they'll hold people back at ttc if it's getting too crowded

If you're there for AM EMH then only the tickets/MBs of on site guests will light up green. Anyone offsite will light up blue. And if scanners are down and CMs are manually scanning, they can see if you're offsite or not.

If you're there for PM EMH then they scan tickets/MBs before entering every ride/show. Off site guests aren't forced to leave the park, but they can't ride any rides or watch any shows that you have to get inside to see

EMH I guess. lol I thought EMMH was just Extra Morning Magic Hour... as opposed to just Extra Magic Hour which might be used for night? Haha I guess I was wrong. :)

I didn't even think about what they do for night time EMH guests. That's good. I know the other night we left MK about 8:30 pm after the party had already started, and no one said anything to us. But then again, we had already done the party so weren't trying to see anything, and we rode rides all the way up to 7 pm then got dinner before fighting our way up Main Street to get out.

I know the other night we left MK about 8:30 pm after the party had already started, and no one said anything to us. But then again, we had already done the party so weren't trying to see anything, and we rode rides all the way up to 7 pm then got dinner before fighting our way up Main Street to get out.

You shouldn't have been able to enter a restaurant at 7 without party tickets.

EMH I guess. lol I thought EMMH was just Extra Morning Magic Hour... as opposed to just Extra Magic Hour which might be used for night? Haha I guess I was wrong. :)

I didn't even think about what they do for night time EMH guests. That's good. I know the other night we left MK about 8:30 pm after the party had already started, and no one said anything to us. But then again, we had already done the party so weren't trying to see anything, and we rode rides all the way up to 7 pm then got dinner before fighting our way up Main Street to get out.

EMM (extra morning magic) is the ticketed event on certain mornings. EMH encompasses the morning and night EMH lol. No biggie

And the ticketed party nights that start at 7, party guests get wristbands and everyone else has to leave. That's also different from EMM and EMH. The party nights once party starts all guests that don't have a party ticket are forced to leave. No shopping, rides, food, or even bathroom.

And the ticketed party nights that start at 7, party guests get wristbands and everyone else has to leave. That's also different from EMM and EMH. The party nights once party starts all guests that don't have a party ticket are forced to leave. No shopping, rides, food, or even bathroom.
Not true. I was there on Sunday night, had just gotten off Jungle Cruise right around 7pm and was heading to the nursing station as my friend had to P&D. We were not kicked out, we stopped by the emporium to look at some merch and even had our picture taken in front of the castle with all of the Christmas lights on our way out, and many others were doing the exact same thing. I had no intention of "crashing the party" as I'm going to the last party of the year on the 22nd.

Not true. I was there on Sunday night, had just gotten off Jungle Cruise right around 7pm and was heading to the nursing station as my friend had to P&D. We were not kicked out, we stopped by the emporium to look at some merch and even had our picture taken in front of the castle with all of the Christmas lights on our way out, and many others were doing the exact same thing. I had no intention of "crashing the party" as I'm going to the last party of the year on the 22nd.

You experienced an exception then. Multiple check points throughout and cms checking for wristbands. The norm is to not be allowed into any stores or anywhere else and to be directed toward the exit once 7pm hits

You experienced an exception then. Multiple check points throughout and cms checking for wristbands. The norm is to not be allowed into any stores or anywhere else and to be directed toward the exit once 7pm hits

Yeah, they're not perfect at wristband enforcement. But they're pretty darn good.

They sure checked for bands on our night at the party just after Thanksgiving. Though how well they check rests solely on how much the CM working wants to police the crowd. It is very possible to run across one that is less than diligent.

Yeah, they're not perfect at wristband enforcement. But they're pretty darn good.
When we were at MVMCP in November, there was a CM guarding the Party merchandise in the Emporium. All of the other merchandise was fair game for all, wristband or not.

I think you are overstating the level of security by claiming that bathrooms are off-limits. As far as I could see, the bathroom experience is the same before the party as during the party. You forgot to mention that non-party guests can't use the trashcans either.

In all seriousnes, I can see the interest that WDW has in making sure that the party experience for paying guests is not affected by lingering day guests, so they don't want day guests filling up the bathrooms and checkout lines at the shops, which would force party guests to wait. But in reality, I can't see CM's denying anyone bathroom access if they really have to go, wristband or not.

You shouldn't have been able to enter a restaurant at 7 without party tickets.
We ate at Casey's Corner. They couldn't have cared less who had wristbands and who didn't. Lol

Yea they didn't care we were there. We had paid for and done the party on Tuesday. Friday though, when we left at 8:30 p.m. they didn't care whether we had bands or not. They were blocking the entrances to most of the stores on mainstreet, but we managed to go into a side door of the confectionary store to get my sons' name embroidered on his ears, and to buy a couple of snacks on our way out. My kids certainly were able to use the restroom by Townhall as well before exiting (though I wasn't right there with them, so a CM may very well have taken pity on a couple of young kids.. Lol) We did not try our luck with rides after 7 p.m., and if it hadn't taken so long to grab dinner at Casey's, we probably would've been gone by 7:30. But again, we weren't pushing our luck and trying to see anything since we had previously done the party.

When we were at MVMCP in November, there was a CM guarding the Party merchandise in the Emporium. All of the other merchandise was fair game for all, wristband or not.

I think you are overstating the level of security by claiming that bathrooms are off-limits. As far as I could see, the bathroom experience is the same before the party as during the party. You forgot to mention that non-party guests can't use the trashcans either.

In all seriousnes, I can see the interest that WDW has in making sure that the party experience for paying guests is not affected by lingering day guests, so they don't want day guests filling up the bathrooms and checkout lines at the shops, which would force party guests to wait. But in reality, I can't see CM's denying anyone bathroom access if they really have to go, wristband or not.

I don't believe I mentioned bathroom policy at all.

And if they do have bathroom enforcement, it's not about freeing up space for paying party guests. It's because non paying guests trying to stay for free like to hide out there early in the party when most of the sweeps and enforcement are done.

I have been to 13 or 14 hard ticket partues and have consistent confidence in how Disney clears the parks. I have seen the CMs standing arm in arm in the various lands checking wristbands for anyone to progress deeper into the parks. I have been walking on Main Street and been asked to show my band. I have been up in the train station when CM's came through checking wristbands and the 2 young ladies seated in chairs by the balcony (primo spots for the Christmas parade) scurried off because they had not paid to be there.

I can't swear to the bathroom experience because we knew to use the bathroom before the party started because we knew to be in line for a high demand character meet early in the party.

I don't believe I mentioned bathroom policy at all.

That's correct, you didn't. I meant to be quoting CAS239's post that was adjacent to yours, who had mentioned bathrooms in an earlier post.

Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know generally how they are about the bathrooms during these parties and maybe things have changed, but I can tell you about our experience a few years back...So, completely poor planning on our part (maybe our first trip?), we ended up at MK in the afternoon for a Night of Joy ticketed event (I think this event has been moved elsewhere since). Anyway, we decided just to go into the park for a few hours, then just have an early night when the park closed for Night of Joy. I can't remember exactly how old my kids were, but pretty little. So, it's time to leave the park and we're in Fantasyland, and my son decides he needs to use the restroom before we leave. The event must have started because the CMs absolutely would not allow my son to use a restroom on the way out of the park - we tried several along the way. It was a nightmare, especially since it was slow going exiting the park! It was definitely not one of our more magical memories!

I have definitely seen bathroom enforcement at parties. In 2015 at a MNSSHP they had a line of CMs standing several feet in front of the bathrooms located between Pinocchio's and the entrance to New Fantasyland. They weren't letting anyone use them who did not have a party ticket, and this was a good 10 minutes before 7 p.m.

I have definitely seen bathroom enforcement at parties. In 2015 at a MNSSHP they had a line of CMs standing several feet in front of the bathrooms located between Pinocchio's and the entrance to New Fantasyland. They weren't letting anyone use them who did not have a party ticket, and this was a good 10 minutes before 7 p.m.

This does not surprise me at all after experiencing the nightmare that was the first 2015 MNSSHP. It was so bad Disney refunded tickets weeks after the party was over. That first party they didn't check wristbands all night. I mean, we never had them checked ONCE. MK was so packed on Main Street and the Hub that you literally could not move. It was a nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter