• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH for Epcot- is WS open late too?

exwdwcm

wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling
arriving on 8/19 and just changed to an earlier flight, so we can enjoy EMH evening at Epcot. It shows that Futureworld has EMH til 10pm (normally open til 7pm)......but World Showcase isn't highlighted. is WS open 3 hours later too- it normally closes at 9pm, would it be open til midnight?

WS and the big attractions in FW like Test Track, Soarin', and Mission: Space will all be open till midnight.

Don't plan on doing any shopping after Illuminations. All the stores we tried to go to were closed. I guess that meant there were no EMH for the World Showcase

almacdonald said:
Don't plan on doing any shopping after Illuminations. All the stores we tried to go to were closed. I guess that meant there were no EMH for the World Showcase
so it sounds like you can still walk through WS, but the shops are closed? is maelstrom and rio del tiempo open later too?

almacdonald said:

It would be helpful if you would say WHEN this happened to you, as there are MANY EMH evenings at Epcot when "nearly everything" is open at WS.

As to "rides/attractions": Maelstrom, Rio del Tiempo, and American Adventure all operate.

Rio Del Tiempo and Maelstrom were open when I was at an EMH last year. I also think that the stores in Mexico and Norway were open, but I'm not positive about that. The rest of the stores in the World Showcase seemed to be closed.

Robo said:
It would be helpful if you would say WHEN this happened to you, as there are MANY EMH evenings at Epcot when "nearly everything" is open at WS.

As to "rides/attractions": Maelstrom, Rio del Tiempo, and American Adventure all operate.

Soooorrrrryyyyy! This was Thursday May 18, 2006 at 9:35PM.

Or something like that. It was abouy a month ago on a day when Epcot had evening EMH. Low and behold (believe it or not) the gift shop at the Canadian Pavillion was closed and I was unable to get the last presed penny to finish my collection. It looked as though a lot of the shops were closing up but you could still watch the Canada movie.

Is that better?

EMH is 9:00 to 12:00 for both FW and WS. On EMH nights, most of the FW attractions stay open to the general public until 9:00. Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space stay open until 9:00 everynight.

almacdonald said:
Soooorrrrryyyyy! This was Thursday May 18, 2006 at 9:35PM.

Or something like that. It was abouy a month ago on a day when Epcot had evening EMH. Low and behold (believe it or not) the gift shop at the Canadian Pavillion was closed and I was unable to get the last presed penny to finish my collection. It looked as though a lot of the shops were closing up but you could still watch the Canada movie.

Is that better?

Weird! The same exact thing happened to us last week! We had all the pennies except Canada!

Again, this was the first week of June. However, we noticed that almost every single shop, ride, and restaurant had its own closing time. Most of the restaurants closed at least an hour before the "official" EMH closing time. Most of the rides in Future World had run out of Fastpasses earlier that afternoon- some issued new ones when EMH started again, and some did not. It was really hit and miss.

World Showcase was open the whole EMH time that we were there (It ended at midnight, I think). The Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo were open, but none of the shops and restaurants in WS were open during that time.

DisneyDork712 said:
World Showcase was open the whole EMH time that we were there (It ended at midnight, I think). The Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo were open, but none of the shops and restaurants in WS were open during that time.

Just a reminder.
When you tell us "what happened", can you also give us the (approx.) DATE.

It can really make a big difference in gathering info.

Thanks. :thumbsup2

My sister and I were there in November of 2005, during the F&W Festival. Epcot had a pmEMH, but it was really sort of weird, in a neat sort of way. Oh, the rides were open (the ones on the list), but as the EMH was in it's last hour, we came out of FW into WS. It was almost deserted. We rode the ride in Mexico totally by ourselves, but the carts and stores were closed. We rode the ride in Norway by ourselves, but all the stores were closed. And when I say by ourselves, it was us, a bunch of empty boats banging against each other, a CM or two, and off we go. It was almost spooky. And neat! No, we did not stay for the movie in Norway :teeth: .

When we exited Norway, we walked all the way around the upper lake, past Germany, France, etc, but everything else was closed. There were a few CM's standing around, but it was very quiet and dark and really special.

KC :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter