EMH Enforcement

goisles26

Earning My Ears
Just curious how/if Disney tracks the EMH policy?

Last time we stayed on site and didn't notice any enforcement policies (that I remember). We are staying off-site next trip, but at one of the EMH allowed hotels. I am wondering if there is a special ticket, if we need our room key, or what else we use to prove we are allowed to be there.
Thanks.

Everyone is allowed to stay for EMH. The only things off site guests can't do is the attractions. At each attraction there should be a CM checking KTTW cards or I guess for you room cards.

They used to do wristbands but stopped a few years ago.

room key.

the only
'off site ' locations that I am aware of are Swan, Dolphin and Shades of Green.

Some of the DTD hotels include it, too.

They check your room key. For AM EMH, they will check it outside the turnstiles... at the MK, they didn't check for us since we arrived via resort transportation, but I think they checked somewhere further "down the line" since it's a process to get to the MK from offsite.

For PM EMH, you'll need to show room keys at the entrance to each attraction. Sometimes they want one key per party, sometimes one key per member of the party. Make sure *everyone* (even kids!) has their card with them on EMH days. :)

Just curious how/if Disney tracks the EMH policy?

Last time we stayed on site and didn't notice any enforcement policies (that I remember). We are staying off-site next trip, but at one of the EMH allowed hotels. I am wondering if there is a special ticket, if we need our room key, or what else we use to prove we are allowed to be there.
Thanks.

Each person in your party will need to show their room key. I am not familiar with how the DTD Hilton issues keys to their guests, but for guests staying at a Disney owned resort, all guests including children ages 3 and up must show their key before riding any ride. They do not scan them, but they do check them to make sure they are dated appropriately.

Each person in your party will need to show their room key. I am not familiar with how the DTD Hilton issues keys to their guests, but for guests staying at a Disney owned resort, all guests including children ages 3 and up must show their key before riding any ride. They do not scan them, but they do check them to make sure they are dated appropriately.

I know they look at the keys, but I'm not sure how well they really check them. I've sometimes left room keys from previous trips in my purse, and shown them at rides for evening EMH. The month and year have been wrong, but it is a Disney room key, and I got to ride. I always have the current key with me in case someone really looked at the date, but never needed it. With the wristbands there was more time to check the key as it was only checked once, but I wonder if a really only Disney room key would work, or any piece of plastic about that color blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter