EMH days, good or bad?

redman group

Earning My Ears
Hi to all you seasoned veterans of the house of mouse. could you please help me figure out the advantages/disadvantages of the EMH days? specifically the evening magic hours. We'd like to take advantage of the late extra hours, but in doing so, do we set ourselves up for the busiest parks day after day? We didn't get the park hopper so bouncing around is out as an option. I'm pretty sure the crowds are going to be lessened in the last 4 days we're there since school is back in (going jan 5-12) but one cannot assume anything, i know.
any advice would be appreciated, thanks Terri.

Gee I'd love to know....PAP holder and still refuse to use it.
Some reason I am turned off by it!!!

I really want to change my mind for planning!

I don't think it will matter the way you're thinking.

Without the Hopper option, I'd say go to the park with EE and make good use of that first hour!

Let's say you choose Epcot, you can easily go right to Soarin' when it opens, after that, grab a FastPass for Test Track and then go in line for Mission Space. That's what we did. We knocked out the three big rides at Epcot in that first hour and we were able to relax and enjoy everything else the park had to offer.

The hard part is deciding if you should go to a park when they open with the idea of staying for the EMH's after the park closes. I would recommend relaxing in the morning, then going to the park late morning with the idea of staying late. It's just hard to double back to the next day's park that has EE! Choices!

But I would not hesitate to take advantage of either early or late hours. That's a benefit afforded to you for staying at a Disney Resort. Use it! It will get you on plenty of rides with a minimum wait.

As an example, we did EMH at MK. The lines for Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain were about 25 minutes, much better than 1 1/2 hours during the day. But rides like Haunted Mansion were just walking right on.

You can drive yourself nuts making Priority Seatings that coincide perfectly with EE and EMH, even with Hopper passes!

Go with the flow and enjoy your extra hours!

We always avoid EMH mornings. We like to go to the park that had EMH the previous day and have been lucky.

petchie said:
We always avoid EMH mornings. We like to go to the park that had EMH the previous day and have been lucky.

We do the sme thing as well. I have also found that for some reason, Monday afternoons at MGM are usually empty.

What about EMH at night? Do you think that park will be empty the next morning?

What about the crowds during EMH at night?

June

I only went to EMH at night at Epcot. FW was packed, but we really enjoyed World Showcase. Something about the lights and lowcrowds made it seem so special and romantic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter