EMH and FPs

jeanwdw

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Just looking over our itinerary and realising there is an EMH 9-12 at Epcot when we are at the BWI and wondering if it might be worth going along, and then started to wonder what happens about FP at EMH evenings?
Going at such a busy time of year as July, as I am a teacher and have no choice, we've noticed that FPs for Epcot biggies like Soarin and test track are often all gone by mid-day so what happens at EMH are there no FPs for after 9, is it just standby lines? or do they start to offer new FPs at 9pm?

thanks in advance for any information anyone can offer :banana:

Hi,

Just looking over our itinerary and realising there is an EMH 9-12 at Epcot when we are at the BWI and wondering if it might be worth going along, and then started to wonder what happens about FP at EMH evenings?
Going at such a busy time of year as July, as I am a teacher and have no choice, we've noticed that FPs for Epcot biggies like Soarin and test track are often all gone by mid-day so what happens at EMH are there no FPs for after 9, is it just standby lines? or do they start to offer new FPs at 9pm?

thanks in advance for any information anyone can offer :banana:

Whether any given attraction will have FP during EMH totally depends on the managers for that EMH.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
It can change daily, with no advance notice,
so it does no good to say if they DID or DID NOT
on any previous day.

IF the FP machines are operating during PM EMH, they "start again" at the beginning of the EMH.

Thanks very much Robo , we thought it would be somthing like that ! We'll just wait and see LOL:cool1:

I have NEVER seen an FP machine running during EMH, but I have also never done Epcot EMH. I have been to EMH on some of the busiest days of the year (New Years Eve) and the FP machines were still off. Stand-by only.

I have NEVER seen an FP machine running during EMH, but I have also never done Epcot EMH. I have been to EMH on some of the busiest days of the year (New Years Eve) and the FP machines were still off. Stand-by only.

AM or PM EMH?

Mostly evenings, I will admit. Not a morning person. Are FPs handled differently for AM and PM EMH?

Mostly evenings, I will admit. Not a morning person. Are FPs handled differently for AM and PM EMH?

Yep.

For AM EMH, the FP machines are virtually always up and running on the "biggies" at all parks during our last ten or so trips over the past several years.

This includes Soarin,' Test Track, Exp. Everest, Safari, Space Mtn., Peter Pan, Pooh, and sometimes ToTerror and RnRollercoaster

(As said in the other thread)... being a night timer has disadvantaged me! Guess I really do need to be in the parks morning EMH-night EMH.

Epcot was the only park where we tried the evening EMH (won't do it again!!) and there were NO FP machines open at all. This was last fall.

Epcot was the only park where we tried the evening EMH (won't do it again!!) and there were NO FP machines open at all. This was last fall.

Don't judge too quickly (well you can if you WANT to) but for the lurkers...

Each EMH experience can be different.

I always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip
that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)...
never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly
empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park THEN starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
Were happy with "doing" that park for the day and we
can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until
later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights
they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.

On our most recent late-April trip from WDW,
we went to PM EMH at AK on a Wed night and PM EMH at MK
on a Sun night.
The EMH's were so EMPTY that we could have stayed on many attractions and ridden around and around.
This included Splash, BTM, and Pirates (and many more) at
MK, and Exp. Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur at AK. And
the crowds during the DAY at these parks were very
LARGE... within the first hour of EMH, they simply
"evaporated."

But, it can change so much (either way), that saying
it was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless
on another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply don't KNOW unless you go. Its similar to saying
that you attended on a given night and it rained, so
guests should never go on that night because it will
probably be rainy.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its
busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE
are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter