Emerils Resturant Chop Chop

tedimouse

Earning My Ears
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :tongue: :smooth: My family is interested in eating at Emerils Rest. Chop Chop in Orlando. Please give me information or where I can get more information about it.

We had lunch at Tchoup Chop last May and absolutely loved it. I had the best salmon I think I have ever eaten and my DH had a crab cake apetizer and one of the stir fry dishes and he loved his, as well. We also had dessert, pineapple upsidedown cake and macadamia nut pie. Can't wait to go back.

It is on our list of must dos. We will be there next sunday.

Laura--Please write a review when you get home. It got absolutely panned by a couple of critics, which seemed odd.

Anne

We will be eating at Tchop Chop on our first night, 12/27. Can't wait to try this place.

I ate there in June w/ friends. I found the service to excellent and the food to be mediocre. I had the Miso soup and some type of BBQ platter. The meats were OK but bland and the side dish was a very plain Mac&Cheese!

I had eaten at Emerils over at Universal and it was one of the best meals of my life. I guess I will have to go back there.

We ate at Emeril's Tchoup Chop in June and thought it was great!!! The atmosphere was lovely and we thought the food was good.

My mom got some spicy shrimp on a skewer, don't remember the name. I got the variety plate with ribs, pork lo mein stuff and chicken. The ribs were VERY good.

47b3d834b3127cce89d74a850cec0000001610

47b3d834b3127cce89d732930cc60000001610

Skewered shrimp of butter lettuce

47b3d834b3127cce89d731204cec0000001610

Combo plate with ribs, chicken and pork lo mein

47b3d834b3127cce89d722ac8dc10000002611

Too cute not to post

Maggie

The best new dining spot I came across on my last Disney trip was Tchoup Chop. Open for both lunch and dinner, it’s the most gorgeous restaurant in all of Orlando. Decorated with a contemporary Asian flair, I couldn’t help but gaze in awe at the dripping crystallized lighting, the rectangular reflecting pool filled with river rock, and the indoor waterfall wall. The food is so creative you can’t help but enjoy every minute of it. For starters we had the Crunchy Shrimp with a hot & sour chili glaze as well as a fantastic Warm Spinach Salad with homemade croutons, goat cheese, toasted pecans, cherry tomatoes, and chorizo vinaigrette. I then moved on to a Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop with tamarind barbeque glaze and ginger roasted sweet potatoes. My friend enjoyed a dish of Wok-seared Firecracker Fish served with steamed rice, papaya-serrano salsa, Asian pesto drizzle and coconut-lemongrass sauce. The only disappointment was the not-good-at-all Banana Cream Pie that was stiff as a board and tasteless. I’m hoping it was just an odd night for the pastry chef since Emerils is known for excellent desserts.

We found it odd that Tchoup Chop was panned by some of the critics also...especially Scott Joseph, who usually has pretty good taste...not this time...he has made a mistake.

Tchoup Chop is wonderful...from the food, service and atmosphere. We have eaten there many times for lunch and dinner, and we look forward to the experience every time. We have never been disappointed.

Originally posted by webray
not this time...he has made a mistake.

Tchoup Chop is wonderful...from the food, service and atmosphere. We have eaten there many times for lunch and dinner, and we look forward to the experience every time. We have never been disappointed.

Thats good to hear. Although I liked Emerils on citywalk, I didn't like the fishbowl feeling;) Really looking forward to Tchoup Chop.
My husband was recently in New Orleans and had dinner at both Emerils Delmonico and Nola and says they were the best meals ever, so he is really itching to try Tchoup Chop.

Ate there last June 2 adults and 2 13 yearolds. Very nice atmosphere and wonderful service(3 wait staff per table). Meals were good, but not extraordinary...desserts were fantastic. If you make reservations, you must confirm by 3pm of the day of your meal or it will be cancelled. Would go back!
Connears

Belle 5 - it's pronounced <i>chop chop</i>. Here's a review I've posted a few times since our trip in May this year:

We ate at Tchoup Chop less than 2 weeks ago. Eating at good restaurants has probably become the most important part of our trips to Orlando and this was the one I'd been looking forward to most. It was right near the end of our trip, because we'd booked the last 3 nights at the Portofino Bay, and obviously it made sense to do it whilst we were there.

We'd already had some fantastic dining experiences by the time we got to Tchoup Chop and I was a little bit worried that it might not live up to my expectations. I needn't have been. The place is breathtaking. Water gently falling down one wall, a rectangular lily pool right down the centre of the dining room, 'oriental-style' booths at one end and a bar at the other backlit in an amazing shade of blue.

When we arrived, we were asked to wait in the bar area until our table was ready. I would say there were around 10-12 seats at the bar and they were all taken - most of them by people eating. There was a low wall separating the bar area from the dining room which had tables for two along its length (on the bar side). I imagine these tables and the bar itself were reserved for walk-ups. It was difficult to get a drink because we had to lean over those sitting at the bar. We then had to stand in the space between the bar and the bar tables. We were constantly having to move for servers passing through and I felt as though we were intruding upon the private space of those at the tables. It didn't really matter for us, as we were only there for 10 minutes before being seated, but I wouldn't choose to dine at either the bar or the bar tables.

Once we were seated I began to relax and to soak up the ambiance. It is a very busy, buzzing restaurant - think California Grill if you've been there. I haven't been to Emeril's for a while, but I remember that being a much calmer experience. Also the service was equally as good, but very different. At Emeril's we had the dedicated attention of one server for the entire duration of the meal. I don't even remember him serving any other tables, although I'm sure he must have done. There, the chefs brought the food to the table. At Tchoup Chop, our 3 servers (!) introduced themselves at the start of the meal and, although there was clearly a senior one, they all played a part throughout. There were also 2 'suits' walking the restaurant and the kitchens and, no exaggeration, they knew exactly what was going one at every table. I was pleased to see that they weren't just dishing out instructions - they were helping to deliver food. It's all very well orchestrated - they appear to make an effort to deliver as many dishes as possible to the table in one go (checking their notes before they arrive at the table to make sure they're delivered to the right people).

I did feel a little rushed. I tried to tell myself that it was a combination of having so many servers and the sheer hustle and bustle of the place, but the cynic in me kept eyeing up that lily pool which must cut out at least 50 covers!

The food was fabulous. I wasn't sure what to expect as I'm not a huge lover of Asian Cuisine and I'd read a review by Scott Joseph, the Orlando Sentinel's dining critic, completely slating it. Normally I respect his views, so my expectations of the food weren't all that high. Again, I needn't have worried. Everything we ate was perfectly prepared, cooked and presented.

I was very surprised at the number of children in the restaurant - some of them babies, in fact. This really isn't a children's restaurant in my view - not that they'd have bothered other diners, the place is simply too noisy - but it's definitely an adult environment.

I do think you need to book in advance. I think I booked about 8 weeks in advance and, at that point, I could have had any time for the date I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter