• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emergency with resort help because of weather

matdrew

Mouseketeer
Hi I was wondering if any one could help with ideas .
We were supposed to leave on a cruise sun now because of hurricane the ship will leave tues instead. So I want to book a resort disney or not in the Orlando area or ft launderdale area with the most or best indoor activity for my kids 14, 10 and 7 yrs old. I was thinking one of the Disney resorts but which one ? Or an indoor waterpark resort etc . I appreciate any help as we r on route and just got news of the changes. The cruise said they will pay for hotel stay .

Is there a limit to what the cruise is willing to pay for your room? If not, I would book the Polynesian and because it sleeps 5 and you can take the monorail back and forth to the Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is doable in the rain.

Is Disney going to be open in a hurricane ? What is there to do indoor at the poly indoors? Thank u for reminding me of the occupancy . We r 5 . They cruise line said no limit but with my luck that will change when I hand in the bill. Lol.
We r sad about missing two days on the cruise so we hoping to do some fun stuff indoors if the weather is terrible. I will take suggestions on other resorts besides disney as well . Thank you :)

Here's an entire thread about Disney hurricane closures and what happens. Really, there have been very few times that Disney parks have closed due to proximity of hurricanes. Isaac will be out in the Gulf and with Orlando inland, most of the effects will likely be rain and a little breezy wind.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979731

I don't know that any of the Disney resorts really have "a lot" to do indoors - they want you in the parks to spend money, not staying in the resorts. The resorts all have arcades. Downtown Disney has a new bowling alley (not sure if it's open yet), Disney Quest is a 5-story video game paradise. That is certainly an easy way to blow a day.

Outside of Disney, you could go to St. Augustine, on the Atlantic coast just south of Jacksonville. There is some great history there.

What is there to do indoor at the poly indoors? )

I'd avoid the Poly. You have to walk outside to get to the GCH, which is where the restaurants and arcade are. If you are set on staying at Disney property, I'd chose AKL Jambo. It's all enclosed and there are lots of animal related activities in the lobby.

Coco Key isn't Disney resort, but it's not to far away on I-Drive and has an indoor waterpark.
http://www.cocokeyorlando.com/

Our friends were at MK in June when Debbie went thru. They got wet but they had a blast.

Thank you . Any thought on the Gaylord palms or another Disney resort

Gaylord is totally indoors, with alligators, etc. Here is a description:

" Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa, from the same parent company that brought you Nashville's incomparable Opryland Hotel, boasts 1,406 rooms on 63 acres and is adjacent (and very visible) to I-4, just three minutes from Walt Disney World. At 2.1 million square feet, it is one of the biggest resorts and convention facilities in all of Florida. Supervised indoor children's program. An extensive outdoor water play area. Complimentary shuttle service to Disney World. "
Good luck!

I think any of the WDW resorts would be just fine. It looks like Orlando will only be dealing with some wind and rain- not a hurricane by any means. The family won't melt- you'll be able to enjoy most of the attractions the parks have to offer. Buy some ponchos when you get there.

With a family of 5 you will need a family suite if you want to stay at a value. The only moderate that takes 5 is POR. Most of the deluxe resorts can sleep 5, except for AKL and WL which only sleep 4 in a standard room. If opting for a deluxe, pick one nearest the park that you will be going to most.

1) Disney resorts DO NOT have good indoor activities.
2) The hurricane is supposed to dump a lot of rain on Orlando.
3) I would do Gaylord Palms.

1) Disney resorts DO NOT have good indoor activities.
2) The hurricane is supposed to dump a lot of rain on Orlando.
3) I would do Gaylord Palms.

Thank you very much . I decided to stay at the nick hotel tonight and the Gaylord palm the other two nights. I booked only the nick so far so if any body has any further input I would consider it. Otherwise the palm seems to have things to do indoor thanks again :) kids have been In car for 24 hours and need some fun. They r sad about missing 2 days of the cruise .

If you can't get into Gaylord, try for a 1 bedroom DVC. That will give you a kitchen and a washer/dryer. You can hit Walmart or a grocery store on the way to the resort for food and stuff to occupy the kids. I think you can also watch DVD's in the room.

Hi there,

This may sound weird, but I live in Orlando and am friends w/ one of the managers at the hotel, and facebook'd his wife if he could help w/ a bigger room for the 5 of u and she wants me to call their house.

If u want me to help out, just post here at this post and then we can pm private info for the reservation.

I'm a former Queens, NY girl and feel bad for u guys, and I have Orlando hotel conventions!

Hi there,

This may sound weird, but I live in Orlando and am friends w/ one of the managers at the hotel, and facebook'd his wife if he could help w/ a bigger room for the 5 of u and she wants me to call their house.

If u want me to help out, just post here at this post and then we can pm private info for the reservation.

I'm a former Queens, NY girl and feel bad for u guys, and I have Orlando hotel conventions!

thank you so much for trying to help. we are at the nick hotel tonight. Honestly I am so exhausted from trying to figure this all out, never mind the long drive from NJ. Which hotel are you talking about?

thanks again for taking the time to try and help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter