Emerald Island resort

fortheluvofpooh

I believe in fairies, I do, I do!!!!!
has anyone stayed there? we are looking into renting a house since we are going to need 7 rooms (going as a grouP). Does anyone have any plus or minuses to say about the resort?
THankyou
Lori

Just came back from there, we had a townhouse villa in the front section (not behind the main gates, but a separate gated area). It was fine, convenient, no problems. Main area has a decent pool, hot tub, sauna, workout room; nothing big and fancy, as most of the houses have private pools anyway.

Got a good deal, so that was a big plus. Fairly convenient for driving, just need to get a map, learn your way around. Only downside is, while there is a paid shuttle service advertised in the clubhouse (have no idea of its costs/reliability) you really will do much better renting a car for getting to the parks, shopping, etc. FWIW.

We rented a large house last January in Emerald Isle. It was nice. There were 16 of us staying there and it was plenty big. It was nice being able to all stay together and have our own kitchen and pool. The only negative, in my opinion, is that you're not staying on Disney property, but weigh that with the savings of the rent, and it comes down to what you prefer.

Steph

We have a 7 bedroom when we go in two weeks so if you PM me I will send you back some info on how we liked it. The website for the house is www.villaindisney.com and we are staying at the Magnificent Seven. We negotiated a much better rate than the rack rate and it includes pool heat and gas barbecue! Can't wait.

Emerald Island is close to the parks, but secluded at the same time. We stayed there earlier this year as a small family and also last year with a large group.

We find it easy to get to all the restaurants and attractions. Grocery shopping is handy at several places.

The clubhouse has events on and the tiki bar is open. The resort feels open, and grand - lots of green spaces.

As far as the homes go, there are two types of homes there. The majority of the homes are the regular homes. There is an area of larger estate style homes (larger floor plans and larger lots) called the Enclave. The builder stopped building the larger homes Enclave because they didn't make as much money on them so there are only a few of them.

Take a look at http://www.stayatemeraldisland.com/HomesForRent/homes.php which shows the different models of homes.

Enjoy the resort, we did.

-Kay

We have rented a four-bedroom villa there twice, and have been very pleased with the quality and layout of the home and the resort itself. Recreational facilities are nice - we played tennis but didn't use the resort pool since we had our own pool and hot tub at the villa, but it looked like those who were using the resort pool really enjoyed it.

We will undoubtedly stay there again for our next visit, given the quality of the property and the very close proximity to WDW.

MouseGirl

I just booked a townhome in Emeral Island resort from vrbo for our June trip. I'm planning to document the trip to post here, stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter