Embassy Suites, anyone!

Marjorie

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have stayed in Embassy Suites at International Drive. I am leaving in 12 days and I need the opinion from people who have stayed there in order to know wahat to expect upon my arrival.

Please, leave your reviews, opinions, recomendations and experiences about this hotel.

Thanks in advance,
Marjorie

I haven't seem any reviews on ID one - now the one in LBV get good reviews. I will look around.

Well, I've stayed at both of the Embassy Suites locations on International Drive. One is the ES-South Convention Center property, and the other is the Jamaican Court location.

I liked both properties very much, and they were very, very similar. I wouldn't say that I would prefer one over the other one. They aren't brand new, but I thought they were more than comfortable, and we were well satisfied on both trips.

Similarities:

They have a very good free hot breakfast buffet, and you can have omelets, etc. cooked to order. They have an evening thing that we never attended, so I can't tell you about that.

The rooms are pretty much identical too (colors were about the only difference). The bedroom is separate. The living room (with sleeper sofa) and kitchenette are together. They open to the interior atrium. While both back up to I-4, I never had a problem with noise (you might ask to be put as far away as possible, just in case).

Differences:

The Conv. Ctr. location in directly on I Drive while the JC location is set just off I Drive (you can see it easily from I Drive). The CC one has a I-Ride Trolley stop in front of it. For the JC one, you'll have to walk about a block (I think).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Have a great trip!

sbclifton said:
Well, I've stayed at both of the Embassy Suites locations on International Drive. One is the ES-South Convention Center property, and the other is the Jamaican Court location.

I liked both properties very much, and they were very, very similar. I wouldn't say that I would prefer one over the other one. They aren't brand new, but I thought they were more than comfortable, and we were well satisfied on both trips.

Similarities:

They have a very good free hot breakfast buffet, and you can have omelets, etc. cooked to order. They have an evening thing that we never attended, so I can't tell you about that.

The rooms are pretty much identical too (colors were about the only difference). The bedroom is separate. The living room (with sleeper sofa) and kitchenette are together. They open to the interior atrium. While both back up to I-4, I never had a problem with noise (you might ask to be put as far away as possible, just in case).

Differences:

The Conv. Ctr. location in directly on I Drive while the JC location is set just off I Drive (you can see it easily from I Drive). The CC one has a I-Ride Trolley stop in front of it. For the JC one, you'll have to walk about a block (I think).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Have a great trip!

Thank you very much for the advice. I am staying at the one near the Convention Center.

Marjorie said:
Thank you very much for the advice. I am staying at the one near the Convention Center.

There was one other difference that I forgot to post. The Conv. Ctr. location actually has two separate pools (one indoor and one outdoor) while the JC property has one pool that is half indoors and half outside.

Have fun!

I've had really good luck at Embassy Suites in the past (although I haven't stayed at this one yet). The Manager's Reception is held every night, a happy hour with free drinks and sometimes appetizers. Some ES's offer just the basics (basic mixed drinks, beer and wine), while others offer hot appetizers (nachos, hot wings, etc.) and drinks made to order (frozen margaritas, mixed concoctions, etc.). The breakfasts are always amazing with made-to-order omelettes and lots of other hot goodies. The rooms are large and clean. I would highly recommend this chain, and this hotel, especially since reviews of this hotel sound good.

The ES on I-Drive (the convention center one) only had chips/salsa/pretzels/popcorn for the manager's reception. We had hoped they would have more as others have had in our previous experiences with Embassy Suites. The breakfasts were good, though, and we could eat enough breakfast to not have to have lunch :)

The outdoor pool was really nice and hardly in use (we were there last week), while the indoor pool was steadily busy whenever we'd check. Personally I can't be in indoor pool areas for long before the chlorine starts burning my nose, so we didn't swim there, but the boys did use the outdoor pool - plenty of chairs and the towels were right inside the door.

travelgirl06 said:
I've had really good luck at Embassy Suites in the past (although I haven't stayed at this one yet). The Manager's Reception is held every night, a happy hour with free drinks and sometimes appetizers. Some ES's offer just the basics (basic mixed drinks, beer and wine), while others offer hot appetizers (nachos, hot wings, etc.) and drinks made to order (frozen margaritas, mixed concoctions, etc.). The breakfasts are always amazing with made-to-order omelettes and lots of other hot goodies. The rooms are large and clean. I would highly recommend this chain, and this hotel, especially since reviews of this hotel sound good.
Embassy Suites that I have stayed in over the years have been fairly consistent in quality and amenities(similar to how Marriotts are pretty consistent). My family of 5 did stay at the ES at Jamaican Court in 2002, and it was nice. Our only issue was with the noise of the fountains in the atrium, they didn't turn them off until late at night, and restarted them very early in the morning. Since we are a family of 5, someone slept on the sleeper sofa (which is in the room closest to the door/atrium) every night, and whoever got that honor complained about the noise. But if you aren't going to be using the sleeper sofa.... no noise issue. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter