*Embarrassed* So ummm, anyone ever cry saying goodbye to a car?

I have seen mods lock older threads on various topics. People from 9 yrs ago are probably long gone from here and aren't likely to reply.

No. I was 43 before I ever got a new car. Mine were always hand me downs from my mother and father in-law. I drove my first new car, a Subaru, for 13 years and then gave it to our son, he drove it for 3 more years and sold it to a friend of his several months ago. He just stopped by in it a couple weeks ago and it still looks good. I swear by Subaru. I bought another one in 2018 and traded that one in for a 2022 last August. The dealership gave me such a good amount for it we couldn’t pass it up.

We've had my Pepe since 2000. She was a beautiful silver Civic, my first new car. We were SO young and broke when we bought her. She's carried us through our wedding, five moves (3 cities), to a million good memories, and some really sad ones. She never once left us stranded away from home. Never even needed a real repair for ten years. But here I was, older 30's, driving a teeny-tiny car with no ABS, only front air bags, that just kept having things go wrong.

I feel like I took my sweet girl out behind the barn and shot her because she was lame!

We traded her in for a pretty new CRV, but as we handed over the keys to Pepe, I teared up. And as they drove her away, I wept openly.

The salesman looked veeeeery uncomfortable. I squeaked out, "I really am happy about the new car." DH just explained, "She's pregnant." Little liar. Because I know for a fact he teared up too. He was just better at hiding it ;)

I just want to know: am I the only crazy person who cries over inanimate objects?

I havent cried over one yet, but I wanted to. I had a big smooth driving, comfortable Chrysler Concorde that I had for 15 years. I loved it. We went on long road trips and sitting in it was as comfortable as my recliner. Never had soreness from driving long distances. In all those years I never had one thing go wrong with it. I took it into the dealer every 3000 miles for oil change and check up. I babied it, I know.
But as I got older, I found that getting out of a low sedan was difficult for my hips to navigate:( Same for my husband. Also, we wanted to get a car that was more cost efficient and would hold us for a while. We had to put high test in the car at that time.

So, we sold it and I cried when I was alone, but wanted to when the new owners took the keys. I know just how you feel. It's a part of your history and good times. We love our new Subaru now with it's many safety features, but I must admit it is not as comfortable as our Concorde.

Seems like a 9 yr old zombie thread that should be closed.
Have you tried creating a new post here recently? The site .......before it allows you to post........ suggests existing threads that are on the same topic to encourage you to put your post there instead of creating a new thread.
Just brings the DIS is line with many other digital boards where they prefer you reply to existing threads no matter how old instead of creating a new thread on an old topic. Helps reduce clutter.

I cried when my first Cube was totaled. I'd only had it for 8 months and it only had 6000 miles on it.

I have seen mods lock older threads on various topics. People from 9 yrs ago are probably long gone from here and aren't likely to reply.
They only do that when it's something theme park related or something very out of date. They don't close old threads just because they are old. Inaccurate, outdated, etc is what they are going for with closing threads.

Cute thread even if resurrected. I still have my first car and while I won't cry when saying goodbye there is something very sentimental about it so I know I'll miss it and probably compare new cars to it.

No. But my current car, (and I know you all will remember this) Charlotte P. Drummond, has been my favorite, and I will miss her when I have to turn her in. I currently lease. Charlotte, I never promised you forever, but forever is promised to none of us. Shed no washer fluid tears, for after we part, we may see still each other in passing.

People who weren't here nine years ago didn't get a chance to see this thread- until now!

Yes - I cried when I traded in my convertible. My new car was delivered and when the guy drove off in my old car, I stood in the street and recorded him driving off. I love my newer car, but I do miss having a convertible.

OK - old thread, but but what the heck.

It wasn't technically my car, I had fond memories of the car that more or less saw me through college and grad school. My parents bought it when I was a freshman. It was really weird too because a classmate saw some new keys and said something about being surprised that they didn't wait until after I got my grades. I didn't always get to drive it though, as they had an issue with their car and drove it because it was new, and I could drive their old car because it was only a few miles to campus.

Eventually my parents sold it. But I ended up driving it one last time to the home of the buyer, and I mentioned that it was to say goodbye to my old mechanical friend. Then the buyer drove me back home.

Somehow I missed this in 2013, but yes, a little. We sold our Mustang convertible several years back. We didn't drive it enough to warrant keeping it. A Mustang was my dream car, and I was so excited when we got it. But it was just not used enough. I did not watch new owner pull away, but I only cried a little. I was surprised I didn't cry more. I was fine with selling it, was just hard for a minute.

I had a Volkswagon Cabriolet when I got pregnant with DS. I loved that car even though it had manual everything including the convertible top. I thought the dark green exterior paint with khaki interior was so classy :). But I had to get rid of it because newborns and convertible tops don't mix. I cried in the room with the salesman while my ex husband haggled over a few dollars. I so didn't want to get rid of my baby for a boring Toyota Corolla. EX also blamed pregnancy and had second hand embarrassment.

Honestly, I miss my Dodge Caravan... I know minivans are so "un-cool", and anything from Dodge has questionable reliability. However, there are so many days when I wish I had it back. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter