Email today about saved offer with PIN attached

I received 7, yes, SEVEN emails from Disney Destinations today offering me a 15 digit pin code for dates from November through January, but it sounds like it's the free dining deal, which would still be great for us. I'll have to give them a call. :cool1:

I have got two so far with that 15 digit code. One was for my solo trip in december for POP and one was for CSR. I went on their website, logged in and was pricing packages for my december trip.

When I logged into the WDW website last night (in an effort to save offers), I realized that I had NO saved offers previously. We are slated to go in Dec. but are staying at AKL....my offer came for SSR, I don't think that I would've searched SSR. Who knows. I have to call them anyways, so I'm gonna find out what it's all about and see if I could just apply whatever it is to my current ressie?!

I got the PIN, too and it was just for free dining. I do better keeping the discount I already have. (And I never saved a search, so I don't know why I got it; it was for days I never would have considered going!)

I'm not sure why they're sending out PINs for things open to the GP anyway. Unless it's just that there are no blackout dates?

I got one too! I guess I should be thankful they have me in their system and hope I'll get something great for MY dates. It seems Disney needs a better database to filter out searches that don't meet the criteria of the offer.

I got 2 yesterday both for different resorts for the same time frame. Of course, this was when we were looking at an October trip and we're now going in November. I don't think any pin codes we get will really entice us unless it offers a room discount AND free dining, since we get the AP discount.

But it's always nice to see that Disney is trying to lure us in!!! :rotfl2:

Wooooohooooooooo! :banana::yay:

I got it too, and it saved me $176!!! We are staying at Pop, 11/29-12/7, 2 adults, 1 child, and already had free QS dining, which we had payed OOP to upgrade. My pin was for free regular dining. $176 would sure by a lot of Micky bars! :cheer2:

i got one today for ssr...for the dates we will be there...i doubt its anything good tho...we are staying at asmu with fd and wont change resorts.

I got 2 PIN codes yesterday, and I have saved offers for summer '10. I almost flipped when I opened the email and was so annoyed to see that the PIN dates had nothing to do with my next trip. Why bother??:headache:

Wooooohooooooooo! :banana::yay:

I got it too, and it saved me $176!!! We are staying at Pop, 11/29-12/7, 2 adults, 1 child, and already had free QS dining, which we had payed OOP to upgrade. My pin was for free regular dining. $176 would sure by a lot of Micky bars! :cheer2:

Was the date on your pincode the date you had booked? I got the pincode for early december package I had saved but I booked a free dining in a value in mid december on different dates. I wonder if I can upgrade for free using it too since its not the date of my "saved vacation".

I received the duplicate, generic free dining email yesterday and the 15 digit pin for regular dining today for the same dates. Like others said, it had been tracking the fact that I checked on Wilderness Cabins for Dec19-24 but the pin was good only until the 17th. Silliest thing. I did call to ask a CM. I'm like, um, why bother putting the dates I want to travel on the email and send me a pin that stops two days earlier. Well, maybe they are hoping I'm more flexible than I can be. Anyway, I'm kind of thankful. It would have been too much temptation. Now I can hold off until at least June and hopefully until December of next year. My budget will thank me.

Was the date on your pincode the date you had booked? I got the pincode for early december package I had saved but I booked a free dining in a value in mid december on different dates. I wonder if I can upgrade for free using it too since its not the date of my "saved vacation".

I think it was mostly the same dates b/c I know that's what I used when I was playing around on the site, BUT, we definitely added at least 1 extra day on. It's worth calling on for sure. Can't hurt. Good luck!

I got the code for a trip that I was looking at for 1st week in Jan 2010. When I called tonight it was for free dining thru Dec 17th. The ad even listed our Jan dates. I asked the CM why they sent this when I was researching and had already booked the Jan dates. He told me that I could always just book the Dec dates also.:rotfl2:I made him aware that if Disney did not give us a discount soon that not only would I not be booking a Dec trip but I would be cancelling the Jan trip that I did have booked. He told me to have a MAGICAL day!:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl2:

OMG, thats toooooo funny!!! you have a 'magical' day!

I don't blame you, why put out codes/discounts for what you seek to then change it on you when you call..

I'm trying to hold out for December as well ;)

In the last week we have gotten 2 PINs via snail mail and 4 PINs via e-mail - all for free dining - and we already had a trip booked! I'm just glad to see that we're definitely in the system for PIN codes.

I must say, though - getting the PIN did prompt me to go online and play around with the other offers, and we switched from the free dining at ASMu family suites and split into 2 rooms at AKL using the room discount code currently offered and added QSDP - I think this will work much better for us! :cool1:

You can use it for any date listed even if it was not the dates you saved. So long as you check in by the 17th it is good for your whole stay as well.

I got the same emails - "Explore your Disney resort picks" - with a 15 pin. Both of mine were for trips I had searched previously but not saved - one for the Wilderness Lodge and the other for All Stars Music. Anyway - we already have a trip booked for September so won't be calling but it sure gave me an adrenaline rush when I saw it!:rotfl:

What were the dates attached to it? Did the 15-digit PIN apply until June of 2010? I'm curious because we are hoping to return next year and I'm praying this guy :wizard: or this gal :tinker: will send us a similar 15-digit PIN code for the dates I need (late June through early July). We would be :dance3: all the way to WDW if that happened! :rotfl::rotfl:

The one I got was for free dining at the same dates in the fall that's already being offered on the Disney website. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter