EM vent time...

Jumpin'Jellyfish

Mouseketeer
OK. so I was fine with knowing that if I emailed my WP that her ASSISTANT would email me back. really I was. but after a long talk with the assistant last week with switching around rooms and complimentary room nights and her knowing that we want the poly to "know" we are on our honeymoon (hint hint wink wink) SHE QUIT!!!

I emailed my WP and cc'd it to the Assistant. (We are having our planning session in 2 weeks and I filled out the survey thingy-and so I was sending it back) the assistant instantly emails me back saying that:

this is an automated response, I have left the company due to better opportunities.

Well listen, thats great and all but NOW my own WP doesn't write me back. She doesn't let me know who her new assistant is (because obviously she doesn't write back so else am I going to email).

So this email went out on Wednesday and nothing yet. As usual. I am so mad. Spending this much money and the service is beginning to downright suck.

I swear if when we meet in 2 weeks, if she is not up to disney wedding planner standards I will flip a lid.

PS did i tell you all i got a slight attitude for putting down a deposit with an OUTSIDE FLORIST!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :headache:

That is not good! Which assistant quit? My suggestion would be to call. If you don't get your WP, you'll probably get an assistant that would be able to help (i.e. tell you who the new assistant is).

Feel free to vent -- that's really frustrating!

UGH - if you are having problems call you WP directly and request a phone appt to discuss the lack of correspondence. Now I emailed my em At least once a day sometimes more and i am telling you that she ALWAYS responded to me within that day as long as she was in town. I did get a few maybe 3-5 from an asst but that was it. She always had a message if she was out of town when she would be back or if she was servicing a wedding- I am not kidding so when I hear complaints like this it frustrates me for you- there are good EMs out there and you are not being a bother, because I would apologize to her for every email

wow that sucks! i would definately do as Allison suggested! My EM was great at emailing me back really quickly, i did get some emails from her assistant but most came from my em!

That is not good! Which assistant quit? My suggestion would be to call. If you don't get your WP, you'll probably get an assistant that would be able to help (i.e. tell you who the new assistant is).

Feel free to vent -- that's really frustrating!

Emily Black quit.

All of your adivce is really helpful, but I don't know how to say it to her nicely. I am not really confrontational in these types of situations. Maybe at the meeting I will just ask if she can email me back and not the assistant bc THEY DONT COME TO THE WEDDING---sorry still mad.

I had her as my EM's assistant- then she got transferred for awhile which I am sad to say was a good thing. I agree with everyone else, contact your EM and request an appointment (which is sad you have to do to get some answers). I had a horrible time getting ahold of my EM/assistant and once I told her how frustrated I was with how we and our wedding was being handled things definitely changed.

I hope things start getting better/easier.

They probably haven't told you who the new assistant is because they probably don't have one yet! I'm sure as soon as they get a replacement, your WP will definitely tell you! I agree with everyone else, I would definitely call your WP and speak with her directly! We had Emiy Black as our WPs assistant and she was great! We really liked working with her so im sorry to see she left :( But, definitely call--good luck!

That sounds awful..I am so sorry!! I do agree with everyone else that you should definitely schedule a meeting to talk things out with your WP. When we were planning my wedding I had some problems too and I am not very confrontational either..so I totally understand. My DH was the one to call the WP and handle things when I got overwhelmed...he really got things straightened out. One thing that he reminded me of is that we are paying all of this money and we expect Disney service...nothing less!! I would suggest that if it is hard for you to be confrontational to bring someone with you who is...or have that person call and speak to your WP....maybe your DF or a parent..that way you are not so stressed and you don't have to be the bad guy. I tend to be a bit shy so that really worked for me..hope everything goes better for you and good luck with the meeting!

Oh boy! Emily was my WP's assistant also!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Although I should add, I am not too concerned because my wedding planner is fabulously nice!
Emily has only had to email me once in the last 3 months. My WP always gets in touch with me herself.

So... don't you settle for less!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter