*~Elsa's Royal Wish PreTrip~* BIG GIVE!! MAW/GKTW

Just a quick note to let everyone know what's going on. Elsa was home from school the last couple of days because of a really bad cold. :sick: She even napped voluntarily! :faint: :scared1:

She's definitely on the mend now, but her little brother has been acting funny the last couple of days - and now he's sick! So I'm going to keep him home tomorrow and hope that we'll ALL be healthy before we have to leave in 9 days or so. Did I really type that? :scared1:

I'm SO unprepared and have LOTS to do before then. Elsa's birthday party will be on Saturday. I promised MIL that we'd have the dollhouse out of her condo and into DD's room before the party. :rotfl2: DS also has a dentist appointment - it was definitely NOT fun last time and he's going to have to get some "happy gas" before the next appointment to get 2 fillings.

BUT I have to say THANK YOU BIG GIVE!!!. :love: :love: :love: Packages have been arriving all week for the kids. I promise to post pics tomorrow sometime and give credit where I can. (DH threw out some of the packaging with your id's on them. :headache: )

I hope Elsa and Richard are feeling better and that everyone else stayed healthy since your trip starts very soon! Have a wonderful time!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Aww, your big give outfits are amazing. Elsa looks so pretty in her snow white dress. Can't wait to see more.

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS :cool1:

I can't believe you only have 5 more days!!!
I hope y'all have a blast!
And I can't wait to read all about your trip! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Looks like the Trip Gods are toying with me again. :lmao: Please don't read on if you're squeamish about personal info or bathroom related stuff. :rolleyes1 The short version - BIG News is that Elsa has something wrong with her that makes it hard for her to travel and sit ok. We're waiting to see if the cultures grow anything.

Oh, and hugs and prayers go out to Jonah's family. If you're not sure what's going on, check on the Wishtrippers thread.

The VENT, long story, and details:

After getting a cold and missing out on 2 days of school last week, I sent Elsa back to school on Monday. Then 2 nights ago, she starts running to the bathroom every 10 minutes at bedtime. Umm delay tactic?? She settles down to sleep. Next night she's complaining that she hurts when she pees. So I come in to see what's going on. The poor dear is red and raw and chafed in the perineal area. ***??!!! :scared1:

It took me 10 minutes trying to convince her the water won't her her and she still didn't believe me. I got too frustrated and just squirted her. :guilty: But it worked and helped. Then got out the vaseline to cover her up. Tylenol for pain and inflammation. Finally to sleep! Left a message for the pediatricians so they could get us into the "sick kid" queue earlier.

Today was a crazier day than expected. DH had to stay home and wait for the doc to call to take Elsa in for the appointment since I had to take DS to get 2 (!) fillings done. He's only 3 and has had 4 cavities. :headache: He started freaking out at the previous visit during the filling and I knew today would be tough since we'd be doing 2 filllings at once. I *thought* I came prepared with Disney Dollars and Bella Sara cards. :thumbsup2 The dentist wanted to try the "happy gas" today and see if he would be more relaxed. :lmao:

DS was ok with the mask on his mouth since we practiced that at home. But he totally freaked out when the dentist put it over his nose and asked him to breath through his nose. Ummm DS is 3 and is congested; does he *know* how to breath through his nose? :confused3 As a result I end up holding a screaming-kicking-crying-as-large-as-a-4-year-old 3 year old on top of me in a dentist's chair for about an hour. At one point I lose control of one of DS's legs and it flies up in the air and just brushes the DDS's hair. About 10 seconds later the dentist asks if something just hit him. I apologize saying, "Sorry, his leg got away from me for a second." :rotfl2: It really did! Honest!

We end up finishing up soon enough that I can now race home, pick up DD (so DH can get to work), and run down to the pediatricians. I drove like a bat outta h*ll. Shoulda saved the gas! We ended up waiting for about 20 minutes, get to train a visiting med student, and walk out 1.5 hours later. What's the diagnosis? They aren't sure if it's a urinary tract infection or just vaginitis. :confused3 So we wait until tomorrow to see if we need antibiotics. In the meantime I was told to marinade Elsa in a baking soda bath as often as I could. Then use hydrocortisone cream and vaseline to create a barrier again. They estimated that it could take up to 7 days for the urinary frequency to subside. :scared1: Ummmm, how is she supposed to drive 1 hour to the airport and take a 3 hour plane trip if she needs to use the bathroom every 10 minutes?? :rotfl:

Now we're too late to drive DD to school because she missed her lunch period. Detour to pick up lunch. All 3 of us are eating in the car in the school parking lot. We hop out in the rain, schlepp DD into the nurse's office for her late pass. We find her class. DS and I run to buy one of DD's birthday presents and just get home for about 1 minute when my cell phone rings - and it's DD's teacher. :scared1: :scared1: Apparently Elsa had been going to the bathroom like crazy again and the teacher's concerned about the usefulness of her being in class when she's clearly not feeling well. So 1 hour after dropping her off we were back at school. DS had just taken his shoes off after 5 hours of errands and he refused to get back in the car. After explaining to him we have to get his sister because she's not feeling well, he says yes. What a sweetheart. :hug:

We bring Elsa home and I "marinate" her. :goodvibes She feels better. :yay: I now notice that she hasn't done any of the 10 minute runs at home. :confused3 Do you think it has anything to do with the marinade or do you think it's because she's out of school?

So, we sit :laughing: and wait.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Bill!
Thanks for the suggestions. We've been racking our brains trying to figure out when to "schedule" the down time rides. We have NO idea how tired the kids will be from the early start the previous day. Guess we'll find out! LOL!

Both kids have already axed all dark rides off the list. I may still kidnap them and make them go on Peter Pan with me. ;)

They have to ride Peter Pan!!! :) It is one of my very favorites! They won't see the dark at first...maybe you can pass it off as a light ride. It is too cool to miss!!! :)

Hi everyone!

Looks like the Trip Gods are toying with me again. :lmao: Please don't read on if you're squeamish about personal info or bathroom related stuff. :rolleyes1 The short version - BIG News is that Elsa has something wrong with her that makes it hard for her to travel and sit ok. We're waiting to see if the cultures grow anything.

Oh, and hugs and prayers go out to Jonah's family. If you're not sure what's going on, check on the Wishtrippers thread.

The VENT, long story, and details:

After getting a cold and missing out on 2 days of school last week, I sent Elsa back to school on Monday. Then 2 nights ago, she starts running to the bathroom every 10 minutes at bedtime. Umm delay tactic?? She settles down to sleep. Next night she's complaining that she hurts when she pees. So I come in to see what's going on. The poor dear is red and raw and chafed in the perineal area. ***??!!! :scared1:

It took me 10 minutes trying to convince her the water won't her her and she still didn't believe me. I got too frustrated and just squirted her. :guilty: But it worked and helped. Then got out the vaseline to cover her up. Tylenol for pain and inflammation. Finally to sleep! Left a message for the pediatricians so they could get us into the "sick kid" queue earlier.

Today was a crazier day than expected. DH had to stay home and wait for the doc to call to take Elsa in for the appointment since I had to take DS to get 2 (!) fillings done. He's only 3 and has had 4 cavities. :headache: He started freaking out at the previous visit during the filling and I knew today would be tough since we'd be doing 2 filllings at once. I *thought* I came prepared with Disney Dollars and Bella Sara cards. :thumbsup2 The dentist wanted to try the "happy gas" today and see if he would be more relaxed. :lmao:

DS was ok with the mask on his mouth since we practiced that at home. But he totally freaked out when the dentist put it over his nose and asked him to breath through his nose. Ummm DS is 3 and is congested; does he *know* how to breath through his nose? :confused3 As a result I end up holding a screaming-kicking-crying-as-large-as-a-4-year-old 3 year old on top of me in a dentist's chair for about an hour. At one point I lose control of one of DS's legs and it flies up in the air and just brushes the DDS's hair. About 10 seconds later the dentist asks if something just hit him. I apologize saying, "Sorry, his leg got away from me for a second." :rotfl2: It really did! Honest!

We end up finishing up soon enough that I can now race home, pick up DD (so DH can get to work), and run down to the pediatricians. I drove like a bat outta h*ll. Shoulda saved the gas! We ended up waiting for about 20 minutes, get to train a visiting med student, and walk out 1.5 hours later. What's the diagnosis? They aren't sure if it's a urinary tract infection or just vaginitis. :confused3 So we wait until tomorrow to see if we need antibiotics. In the meantime I was told to marinade Elsa in a baking soda bath as often as I could. Then use hydrocortisone cream and vaseline to create a barrier again. They estimated that it could take up to 7 days for the urinary frequency to subside. :scared1: Ummmm, how is she supposed to drive 1 hour to the airport and take a 3 hour plane trip if she needs to use the bathroom every 10 minutes?? :rotfl:

Now we're too late to drive DD to school because she missed her lunch period. Detour to pick up lunch. All 3 of us are eating in the car in the school parking lot. We hop out in the rain, schlepp DD into the nurse's office for her late pass. We find her class. DS and I run to buy one of DD's birthday presents and just get home for about 1 minute when my cell phone rings - and it's DD's teacher. :scared1: :scared1: Apparently Elsa had been going to the bathroom like crazy again and the teacher's concerned about the usefulness of her being in class when she's clearly not feeling well. So 1 hour after dropping her off we were back at school. DS had just taken his shoes off after 5 hours of errands and he refused to get back in the car. After explaining to him we have to get his sister because she's not feeling well, he says yes. What a sweetheart. :hug:

We bring Elsa home and I "marinate" her. :goodvibes She feels better. :yay: I now notice that she hasn't done any of the 10 minute runs at home. :confused3 Do you think it has anything to do with the marinade or do you think it's because she's out of school?

So, we sit :laughing: and wait.

Thanks for listening.

Oh NO!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Gosh, I sure hope she feels better!

Keep us posted. I will pray for you guys! :)

They have to ride Peter Pan!!! :) It is one of my very favorites! They won't see the dark at first...maybe you can pass it off as a light ride. It is too cool to miss!!! :)

Perhaps if the kids saw some youtube clips of the "dark" rides, they would be more willing. Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Cat in the Hat (IOA) and such are far from scary. Stich's Great Escape could be scary as could Men in Black Alien Attack. Pirates is not really scary. Haunted Mansion could be. Journey to Atlantis is only scary because the last falls are steep and fast and unexpected.

Glow in the dark sticks help on dark rides.

Perhaps if the kids saw some youtube clips of the "dark" rides, they would be more willing. Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Cat in the Hat (IOA) and such are far from scary. Stich's Great Escape could be scary as could Men in Black Alien Attack. Pirates is not really scary. Haunted Mansion could be. Journey to Atlantis is only scary because the last falls are steep and fast and unexpected.

Glow in the dark sticks help on dark rides.

Lauren thought Pirates was scary! (And she is 15.)

And I would avoid Snow White...I think it is a little scary. And HM can definitely be scary.

OH No! I sure hope she is feeling better soon! My 3 yr old just had a UTI...no fun! She cried every time she peed.....which was like every 10 min! So good luck!
I hope you get some meds and have her better in no time!!

UGH.

The petri dish was clean and showed no growth of any bacteria, but they'll watch it until tomorrow. DD's birthday party at BounceU is tomorrow. Sigh. I hope the bathrooms are close by. :laughing:

I have NO idea what we're supposed to do if she doesn't have an infection and continues to have frequency issues. The good news is that she's trying to wipe better. :rolleyes1 Now I have to monitor both kids when they run to the bathroom. Half my life is spent in the bathrooms with them and the other half in the kitchen feeding them or cleaning up after feeding them. :rotfl2:

DS's cold is not improving and he's NOT napping. :headache: We may be all flying down from the cold with colds.

Both kids are asleep so I'm going to try to post the Big Give pics - for the THIRD TIME. :mad: Internet Explorer keeps crashing on me and wipes out all my hard work. New strategy - multiple short posts! I guess this will give me a higher post count too . . .:rotfl:

One thing that may help on the internet issue...

You can copy and paste your work to a Word Document and copy and paste it back here. I write in Word sometimes and then transfer it here. You can even put in your picture links and copy the whole thing onto your Word document before you post it...so u can save it. :) Has saved me from pulling my hair out a few times!

First, I would like to thank everyone in the Big Give. *kleenex moment - HONK as I blow my nose* :grouphug:

I can't tell you how much your love and support has helped our family spirits. :hug: We've been in crisis mode for the last 3+ years and I think this is the first time we've had a chance to actually take a breath and be able to enjoy and accept the love shown to us. *DH hands me another kleenex* I know that sounds a little strange.

In the oncology world the clinics and hospitals often had special events, toys, and other amenities intended to help make the time pass by quicker and more easily. I fully recognized and am grateful for the effort and caring that went into these events and items. :thumbsup2 But sometimes the Love got overshadowed by the pain Elsa's being sick and sometimes it felt as if she'd "earned" the special treatment. I'm having a hard time explaining this feeling properly. Anyway, as I was saying, The Big Give has brought smiles and joy to our kids and our family with no "emotional cost" attached to it. They have run around in joy, twirled in the clothes (both of them!), and snuggled with their new favorite outfits or toys. The kids' happiness alone has lightened much of the darkness that has shadowed my heart. I can't thank you folks enough for this. *kleenex again. honk honk honk*

We're definitely at a lucky stage in life right now. I also want to thank all the generous families who have shared their stories and pictures and lives with the rest of us who have lurked, read, watched, and prayed and helped make our worlds just a little bigger. Thanks to Maroo, Bill, and all the rest who keep the Wish trip thread alive and who help those of us who follow along in their paths to give us a hand around the obstacles and point out the pixie dust and magic places.

One thing that may help on the internet issue...

You can copy and paste your work to a Word Document and copy and paste it back here. I write in Word sometimes and then transfer it here. You can even put in your picture links and copy the whole thing onto your Word document before you post it...so u can save it. :) Has saved me from pulling my hair out a few times!

AHA!!!!!!!!! Thanks again! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Definitely for the trip report. I'm hoping to write at night and then post with pics later.

Hey, why isn't that tip in with the "how to write a pre-trip/TR"? Or does everyone know that trick? :scratchin

UGH.

The petri dish was clean and showed no growth of any bacteria, but they'll watch it until tomorrow. DD's birthday party at BounceU is tomorrow. Sigh. I hope the bathrooms are close by. :laughing:

I have NO idea what we're supposed to do if she doesn't have an infection and continues to have frequency issues. The good news is that she's trying to wipe better. :rolleyes1 Now I have to monitor both kids when they run to the bathroom. Half my life is spent in the bathrooms with them and the other half in the kitchen feeding them or cleaning up after feeding them. :rotfl2:

DS's cold is not improving and he's NOT napping. :headache: We may be all flying down from the cold with colds.

Both kids are asleep so I'm going to try to post the Big Give pics - for the THIRD TIME. :mad: Internet Explorer keeps crashing on me and wipes out all my hard work. New strategy - multiple short posts! I guess this will give me a higher post count too . . .:rotfl:

:hug: to you! My DD recently had a bout with frequent urination. If you knew her you would know how odd this was - this is a child who can wake up at 7am and not pee until 9:30am! After a few days, I was sure she had an infection and took her to the doctor. Imagine my shock when there was no infection! The only think I can figure is she used a bar soap which she does not normally do and washed down there so I think it just got irritated. We were just really careful to keep things rinsed and were really careful about soap, bubble bath, etc, for a few days and she was fine. Sorry for the novel but thought our experience might help.

As for DS's cold and to keep you guys healthy, my best advice is frequent hand washing for all of you, pump him with oj, fluids and cold medicine too ( I don't care what the AMA or doctors say) if you need to so he (and you) can get some rest. For those of you that aren't sick, try Airborne. I swear it works.

Okay . . .I am done giving unsolicited advice! Hope you are all on the road to recovery and ready to take Disney by storm soon!

BTW - your Big Give comments were so sweet! Just know that everyone that does it enjoys it as much or more than the recipients do.

AHA!!!!!!!!! Thanks again! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Definitely for the trip report. I'm hoping to write at night and then post with pics later.

Hey, why isn't that tip in with the "how to write a pre-trip/TR"? Or does everyone know that trick? :scratchin

I just figured it out myself! I lost my writing the other night (which is why I am behind on my updates! I was trying to do one every 2 days)...so now I am writing it on the page and then copying and pasting to Word each time...just in case. My internet is so spotty these days! I will have to add it to my hints. Is that what you were talking about or is there another hints section? :)

First, I would like to thank everyone in the Big Give. *kleenex moment - HONK as I blow my nose* :grouphug:

I can't tell you how much your love and support has helped our family spirits. :hug: We've been in crisis mode for the last 3+ years and I think this is the first time we've had a chance to actually take a breath and be able to enjoy and accept the love shown to us. *DH hands me another kleenex* I know that sounds a little strange.

In the oncology world the clinics and hospitals often had special events, toys, and other amenities intended to help make the time pass by quicker and more easily. I fully recognized and am grateful for the effort and caring that went into these events and items. :thumbsup2 But sometimes the Love got overshadowed by the pain Elsa's being sick and sometimes it felt as if she'd "earned" the special treatment. I'm having a hard time explaining this feeling properly. Anyway, as I was saying, The Big Give has brought smiles and joy to our kids and our family with no "emotional cost" attached to it. They have run around in joy, twirled in the clothes (both of them!), and snuggled with their new favorite outfits or toys. The kids' happiness alone has lightened much of the darkness that has shadowed my heart. I can't thank you folks enough for this. *kleenex again. honk honk honk*

We're definitely at a lucky stage in life right now. I also want to thank all the generous families who have shared their stories and pictures and lives with the rest of us who have lurked, read, watched, and prayed and helped make our worlds just a little bigger. Thanks to Maroo, Bill, and all the rest who keep the Wish trip thread alive and who help those of us who follow along in their paths to give us a hand around the obstacles and point out the pixie dust and magic places.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

and pass me some kleenex. You are precious. :love:

I really need some kleenex. :sad:

The packages have been arriving from the Big Give for the last couple of weeks. :love: The kids have been really excited to get a new package to open - it was like Christmas every day! :cool1: These aren't in the order of receipt since I can't remember now - sorry!

I have posted pictures with the names that I have - DH threw out some of the packaging:headache: and in the interim madness of the last week some of the envelopes and items have gotten mixed up so please let me know if I need to fix your name!

IMG_3868.jpg

First up is from Jill Alvarez I think. Your package arrived just as I was starting to look into making us a set of "family trip T's". How did you know??!! They are wonderful "Make a Wish Trip 2009" shirts. They fit beautifully!

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to set the auto timer so I could be in the picture too. Another 5 minutes of running around while I looked for a surface tall enough to get us in the shot . . . that's why I'm crouching behind the kids. I'm not really that short - am I? :rotfl: DH was away on a business trip so he couldn't take the pictures - of course if he were here, I'd have a picture of him in the shirt with the kids instead of me!

IMG_3913.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter