• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ELSA dress hunt!!!

We are doing the Elsa dress raffle. Arrive at the store by 11 am, to get your raffle ticket. One per guest. Age 18 or older. You place your ticket in a bag, depending on which size dress you want to purchase. At 11:15 they will begin to pull the names, starting with size 2/3. We got in a fair number, and not many SMALL sizes either, they are mostly the 3 larger sizes.

Also, at opening on Saturdays, (some) dolls and plush will be stocked. These items will be held at the cash wrap for everyone's safety. So my advice is to get to store at opening, and get in the line for any plush or dolls that you want. They may have one of each behind the register so you can see what is available that day. Softlines and other small items, like mugs and cups, will be out on stage already for purchase, if the store has any. After you purchase the onstage items, and/or the dolls and plush you wanted, head over to register for the Elsa dress lottery if you want a dress. (If you sign up for the dress first, you may miss out on the plush/dolls).

Apparently NOT all stores have the dresses for tomorrow. But this will be the procedure every Saturday, as far as I know. Dolls and plush put out on Saturday morning, raffle for Elsa dress if available. Softlines out out as they come in, and restocked each morning if possible. (not sure what will happen if we get Anna dresses).

None of this is secret, we were telling guests this information all day today when they called the store. I think all stores have the same procedure for Frozen.

We are doing the Elsa dress raffle. Arrive at the store by 11 am, to get your raffle ticket. One per guest. Age 18 or older. You place your ticket in a bag, depending on which size dress you want to purchase. At 11:15 they will begin to pull the names, starting with size 2/3. We got in a fair number, and not many SMALL sizes either, they are mostly the 3 larger sizes.

Also, at opening on Saturdays, (some) dolls and plush will be stocked. These items will be held at the cash wrap for everyone's safety. So my advice is to get to store at opening, and get in the line for any plush or dolls that you want. They may have one of each behind the register so you can see what is available that day. Softlines and other small items, like mugs and cups, will be out on stage already for purchase, if the store has any. After you purchase the onstage items, and/or the dolls and plush you wanted, head over to register for the Elsa dress lottery if you want a dress. (If you sign up for the dress first, you may miss out on the plush/dolls).

Apparently NOT all stores have the dresses for tomorrow. But this will be the procedure every Saturday, as far as I know. Dolls and plush put out on Saturday morning, raffle for Elsa dress if available. Softlines out out as they come in, and restocked each morning if possible. (not sure what will happen if we get Anna dresses).

None of this is secret, we were telling guests this information all day today when they called the store. I think all stores have the same procedure for Frozen.

I recommend calling each store. I am in the Chicago area, and I've called three local stores, and each one has a slightly different procedure. One was unwilling to give info over the phone until I explained that I'd already talked to another store and knew the details, so I think it might be kept secret to some degree. I've also talked to people in other areas whose stores aren't doing the raffle yet.

I will be there tomorrow morning and will report back. Good luck to all and happy hunting!

I do not understand the secrecy, we were told to share it. The whole point is to relieve the stress, of WHEN will the items be available. To stop guests from literally taking items out of each others hands.

For the raffle, it is urgently important for our guests who want Elsa dresses to KNOW to get to the store Saturday by 11 am to register. We told every guest who was shopping our Frozen items today about it, and to return tomorrow for the dolls/plush. And every guest who called on the phone, we explained the raffle procedure. They only have one hour to get in, to register. They need to know that.

Of course, it is not the only week we will do this. But these guests make it seem very urgent to them.

Thanks to MonsterWDWmom for mentioning the Disney Store raffle and to PatMcDuck for the additional details.:thumbsup2 DD6 turns 7 on our trip in early June, trying to spoil her as much as possible on her special day. :cool1: We have Bibbity Bobbity Boutique reserved first thing on her birthday, then breakfast at Cindy's, then FP+ for Anna and Elsa, and then dinner at Be Our Guest. I had assumed that she'd want to wear a Cinderella dress. Being about 6 weeks out, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday present this morning, and she said that she wants an Elsa dress. Sure, that sounds reasonable... I had no idea that what I was getting myself into until I went to DisneyStore.com and realized there were none to be found. A couple of google searches, and dang, this isn't going to be easy!!!! :scared: Anyway, we called our local store and they are having the raffle. Fingers crossed!!!! (Feel lucky to have found this post and at least have a chance to pick one up tomorrow.)

MarbleBob-- My DD is turning 7 on our trip too and made the same request. Although I am still trying to get the disney store one, I got her a beautiful one on Etsy. Just don't wait too long; it can take a while to get it made and shipped.

Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you won't need Etsy!

Thank you for the alert! Now disboards is credited with my getting an a&e fp the day they went live (after my daughter burst into tears when I told her we were NOT waiting 5 hours to see anyone) and now I am up early for a lottery ticket. Our local Disney Store is doing a lottery 15 minutes after they open. My daughter is fantastic, at 5 years old she said "Mama, thank you for trying, but it will be okay if we don't get one." Yes, it will be more than okay! Thanks again Disboard folks!

Possibly not helpful, but if you wait til you get to the parks, they've had both girls dresses in stock regularly at Epcot.

Possibly not helpful, but if you wait til you get to the parks, they've had both girls dresses in stock regularly at Epcot.

Yes, thank you! I've had two friends go in the last month look for us, and I am hoping for luck on my own. However, it's been a good lesson in disappointment for my daughter, and even more so for MYSELF! I am excited to be part of the mayhem this morning. A little prep for my trip!

Yes, thank you! I've had two friends go in the last month look for us, and I am hoping for luck on my own. However, it's been a good lesson in disappointment for my daughter, and even more so for MYSELF! I am excited to be part of the mayhem this morning. A little prep for my trip!

Maybe Disney should make "A Good Lesson in Disappointment" their marquis theme! pixiedust:

I hope this is true!! Have they been in Norway? Also, think they might be available at MK now that the girls have moved?

I hope this is true!! Have they been in Norway? Also, think they might be available at MK now that the girls have moved?

They probably have been moved. But they were in stock at Epcot every time I was there. I have a fastpass plus for them today at MK. I'll see of they're in stock there.

Wow, 15 minutes after opening to hold the raffle is fast!

So that confirms that the store rules do vary, so you need to call your store for details, for the upcoming week raffles.

They probably have been moved. But they were in stock at Epcot every time I was there. I have a fastpass plus for them today at MK. I'll see of they're in stock there.

That would be awesome of you - thank you!!!

I liked the Disney Store's FB page a few weeks back, and two weeks ago on a Wednesday mid-day, they updated and simply said something like "we have restocked a few favorite items" I went on and the dress was there. I was able to snag it and it was delivered this past Tuesday. I think it is luck at this point, because there is no rhyme or reason to it. JC Penney has been stocking them too, and restock stores on Fridays.

Yahoo! We got one!! Thanks again for the heads up on this!!

We arrived at the Disney store at the St. Louis Galleria around 10:20am. There was a huge line, 30 or 40 people long. It turns out they were all in line for general Frozen merchandise. It was behind the counter and they let a few people in at a time. We got our name in the raffle and then got in line, hoping for a tiara. When it was our turn, we were able to get the last tiara (sigh of relief), an Elsa "Barbie" doll, and an Anna Animator's Doll. We missed out on the Elsa Animator's doll.

They stated the raffle at about 11. No size 3 dresses at all. They only had four size 4 dresses. More demand than supply and a couple of very disappointed little girls. They had 14 size 5/6 (which is what we got), I'm guessing there were about 25-30 adults hoping for one of these. Most people in pairs like us, seemed like most people got what they wanted. We went in to purchase after that, so not sure how the rest of the raffle went after that. The lady said they had 15 or so of the 7/8 and then only a couple of the 9/10.

All in all it went very well. Pleased with how the staff handled the event. Great job Disney Store!!!

I got one! Daughter doesn't know yet, will surprise her later today. The store itself was stocked with tons of Frozen merchandise. Customers had from 10:15 to 11:00 to register for a dress, one per adult. When I returned at the appointed time the first two dresses drawn were for a married couple with one daughter and I hope one of those dresses didn't go straight to Ebay...

Thank you again to those that posted this in advance so I was able to make it to the store this morning. The CM's at the store were fantastic and I made sure to tell each one. They stated that this would be the procedure repeated on saturday mornings so it looks like those that missed out will get another chance. For my store there were 8 dresses in 7/8 and it appeared to be 9 tickets given out.

I got an Elsa dress from the raffle at the Disney Store in Rockland County, New York. By the time the store opened at 10, there was a long line down the corridor. People starting cutting the line when they opened the gates to get in line closer to the cashier. Merchandise available behind the counter was: Anna and Elsa Animator dolls, Olaf plush, Sven plush, small Elsa doll. Some stuff on the shelf: Elsa t-shirt in 2/3 and Frozen figurines set. Then friends of people at the front of the line started showing up and went to the front of the line so although I was maybe 20 in line outside the store, it took me 50 minutes before I got to the cashier. Yes, everything sold out before the end of the line.

Raffle was a mess. Registration was supposed to be from 10:15 until 11, but they extended it until 11:15. Soon after, they did the first size - 2/3 (two dresses). Then, they waited 10 minutes to do the next size -- 4 (four dresses). Then, ten minutes for 5/6 (14 dresses), etc. During the size 4 lottery, a ticket was pulled, but the person was not there. They announced that: (1) all persons in such a situation had until the close of business to claim the dress (that did not go over well with the crowd); and (2) in the unlikely situation that there were more dresses than raffle tickets drawn for a dress, the remaining dresses would not be available for sale but would be part of the raffle next Saturday. They also stated that this store would not put Elsa dresses on the racks, but only sell them as part of ongoing future Saturday morning raffles.

We were there Easter week and there were tons of Elsa dresses in Norway. We went there 3x (looking for Olaf plush and a pin - with no luck) and each time there were 3 walls full of Elsa dresses. Well, the last time we went there was only 1 wall of dresses left and they all looked to be smaller sizes. Still, we were shocked to see so many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter