Elsa/Anna - worth the hype?

krm222

Mouseketeer
We just got back and didn't wait to meet Anna and Elsa because honestly my son has met them already around our town. Sure, they aren't Disney sponsored characters but they look the same to me. Am I missing something? Are the real deal Anna and Elsa worth the ridiculous waits and rushing to the line after rope drop?

Actually the wait times have come down significantly.

As for whether they are "worth it", that is up to each family. I find the characters at Disney meet and greets to be very entertaining and a lot of fun to interact with.

I agree: we met a ton of characters but waited 20 minutes tops. He saw them in the parade but didn't mention meeting them but I'm just wondering if I should have suggested it.

Now Olaf we'd both be excited about! He'll definitely be on ihr list next time!

Been a few times ..... they are okay. Anna more bubbly and conversational than Elsa. Would I wait long, no, there are too many other really good interactions. I am hoping once they move to their own place and the entire space is themed around them it will make the M&G more of an experience.

Now Olaf ........ oh my I can't wait for a warm hug!

We did it with FP last year and DS had a fabulous interaction with Anna. Long chat and she kissed him. It was pretty sweet. However his Frozen interest has faded some and I didn't try for a FP this year.

We don't do a lot of M&G visits, but if your child likes Frozen, I think it's worth a 30 minute wait or FP.

I've seen some local Anna and Elsas where we live, and I promise you the Disney ones are much more authentic looking. Not in the same ballpark.

Saw them last month. Honestly Elsa was boring. Anna was better. We had FP. Not worth an hr wait in my opinion.

Coming from the point of view of a 17 year old girl, they are a great character meet. Anna is perfectly in character and spent about 10 minutes with us. Elsa was the weaker of the two but still really pretty and nice.

I second all the comments about Anna being WAY more fun than Elsa...she was great and yes, IMO, worth it. We were 9th in line after rope drop; took us a total of 30 minutes max from rope drop through the M/G...(a little blurry but she was like this the ENTIRE time :rotfl:...VERY "bubbly" ):

P1030436_zpsxcsfpexs.jpg
:tink:

We got FP+ to meet A&E on our upcoming trip. We have met them many times already in DL including Olaf but DD is a fan of character meets.

My 7yr old daughter is kinda over Frozen fever. I guess she is over characters in general though- maybe its because its not new to her anymore- makes me a bit sad, and at the same time grateful that i don't need to stand in so many character lines anymore.

With the responses...it sounds like they are both in character. I would expected Elsa to be the more boring one. Unlike my 2 and 4 year old, I actually like Anna much more because of her bubbly personality. We are hoping to get FPs next month when our window opens...

Unless you or your child is really into the character, I don't think it's worth a wait. My daughter really wanted to meet Anna and Elsa on our trip last year, so I used one of our Fp's on it. If she hadn't really cared, we definitely wouldn't have waited to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter