• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Elsa and Anna meet & greet: how long did you wait in line?

Disney is big on show. No matter how old you are if you ask a cast member how many Mickey mouses there are they will say one. I believe these characters are so big they have to be delicate and only have them in one location. Disney does not usually have two of one face character that rotate out for breaks. If Cinderella goes off stage another one is not coming out right away. If tigger goes on break another one will come right back out. However for Frozen they are making an exception and are rotating Ana and Elsa instead of only using one

It's typically 8:45/8;50 for park opening. Pay your bill as soon as you get seated and you'll be able to quickly leave when it gets close to 8:45. Some have reported they weren't able to see all of the Princesses by leaving early.

Thank you!!

I just booked a 805am Askershus reservation for our Epcot day in late May. Hopefully this will help us out since this meet and greet is a must if we can do it in a reasonable time. There is no way I could wait 2-3 hours on our one and only Epcot day. Maybe some things still change by late May. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Disney is big on show. No matter how old you are if you ask a cast member how many Mickey mouses there are they will say one. I believe these characters are so big they have to be delicate and only have them in one location. Disney does not usually have two of one face character that rotate out for breaks. If Cinderella goes off stage another one is not coming out right away. If tigger goes on break another one will come right back out. However for Frozen they are making an exception and are rotating Ana and Elsa instead of only using one

That's why so many of the meet & greets have moved indoors. It allows a lot more "flexibility" so that you don't see one Cinderella out at lunch, then walk out into the courtyard and see another with different facial characteristics. But it IS possible to see her at lunch, then find her right around the corner at Fairytale Hall a few minutes later....... perhaps with different facial characteristics. Heck, it's even possible to go through that line twice in a row and wonder if she ran out for face work in between your visits. ;)

Has anyone tried to go on an EMH day? Wondering if going then would help with wait times and still get to experience the rides. Thanks for any info!

So currently they come out at 9am, correct? If they change that, is there advance notice? I am planning on booking an Akershus ADR for our trip and then getting in the line as this is the only thing my 4yo can talk about so it's a must do. But if they change it to 11am, Not sure I can feasibly do it even with one of us in line and the other with the kids. Our 4yo isn't tall enough for MS, TT, or Soarin' (though she could be by June I guess) so that would really limit what my husband could do with the kids if I waited in line.

So currently they come out at 9am, correct? If they change that, is there advance notice? I am planning on booking an Akershus ADR for our trip and then getting in the line as this is the only thing my 4yo can talk about so it's a must do. But if they change it to 11am, Not sure I can feasibly do it even with one of us in line and the other with the kids. Our 4yo isn't tall enough for MS, TT, or Soarin' (though she could be by June I guess) so that would really limit what my husband could do with the kids if I waited in line.

Meet and Greet schedules are posted on Saturday for the upcoming week. Kennythepirate.com and wdwent.com will have the schedules for you to check prior to your Epcot visit.

Maybe, in an effort to reduce the lines, they can set up a meet & greet with Adela Nazeem! ;)

That's why so many of the meet & greets have moved indoors. It allows a lot more "flexibility" so that you don't see one Cinderella out at lunch, then walk out into the courtyard and see another with different facial characteristics. But it IS possible to see her at lunch, then find her right around the corner at Fairytale Hall a few minutes later....... perhaps with different facial characteristics. Heck, it's even possible to go through that line twice in a row and wonder if she ran out for face work in between your visits. ;)

Yep. We were at Disney for the first days of New Fantasyland soft openings last year, and were super excited to meet Ariel as a mermaid. We walked right from her M&G to CRT...where we met Ariel as a human not even 30 minutes later. :headache: Luckily, our human Ariel covered well!

My three daughters waited in line for almost 2 hours; while I enjoyed a beer from Germany. I should have bought three beers - I couldn't believe I let them wait that long - UGH!! never again.

Oh my gosh, I had no idea this was going to be such a big deal! I thought I read somewhere about a better way to get to the ropes for magic morning hours if staying at Beach Club and entering there. Does anyone know where I go to enter? I have fast passes set up for my family but I don't ride most rides so I can go wait in line for them I suppose. How annoying this all is!!!

Oh my gosh, I had no idea this was going to be such a big deal! I thought I read somewhere about a better way to get to the ropes for magic morning hours if staying at Beach Club and entering there. Does anyone know where I go to enter? I have fast passes set up for my family but I don't ride most rides so I can go wait in line for them I suppose. How annoying this all is!!!

You can enter through the International Gateway...when you exit out the back of Beach Club (near the lake) head to your left and follow the path to the IG entrance of Epcot. It will take about 5 minutes to get there.

Thanks for the quick response. Will this get me in any earlier than anyone else? I thought I read there was an entrance and then you go to another area where the rope drop is. Where do I go once I get to the entrance and then to the rope drop to get to where Anna and Elsa are?

Thanks for the quick response. Will this get me in any earlier than anyone else? I thought I read there was an entrance and then you go to another area where the rope drop is. Where do I go once I get to the entrance and then to the rope drop to get to where Anna and Elsa are?

Once you get in, keep veering to the left to go past U.K. and Canada and walk around the lagoon towards Mexico and then Norway. There won't be a rope drop if you keep veering left. You don't want to head towards France and the rope because you won't be able to continue on towards Norway.

My three daughters waited in line for almost 2 hours; while I enjoyed a beer from Germany. I should have bought three beers - I couldn't believe I let them wait that long - UGH!! never again.

Most people with a trip planned in the near future would sign up for "almost 2 hours" right now, considering that is about half the average wait time.

Once you get in, keep veering to the left to go past U.K. and Canada and walk around the lagoon towards Mexico and then Norway. There won't be a rope drop if you keep veering left. You don't want to head towards France and the rope because you won't be able to continue on towards Norway.

You are awesome thank you! How come there isn't a rope that way but there is the other way? So, I plan that my mom and I will do the Anna and Elsa line but the rest of them are going to go straight to Test Track (as we chose Soarin') for our tier one fastpass+. Which way do they go?

You are awesome thank you! How come there isn't a rope that way but there is the other way? So, I plan that my mom and I will do the Anna and Elsa line but the rest of them are going to go straight to Test Track (as we chose Soarin') for our tier one fastpass+. Which way do they go?

No rope drop because IG opens when Future World opens. The rope is up at France because World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00.

Your family veers left with you and then heads towards Future World (Spaceship Earth is a point of reference) once you see the major walkways that lead in that direction.

What time do they let people in from that entrance? Do you have to stay at a disney resort to get in from that entrance?

What time do they let people in from that entrance? Do you have to stay at a disney resort to get in from that entrance?

International Gateway, according to Kenny the Pirate, opens a little after the Main Gates. Anyone can use the IG...it actually is a nice way to get from Epcot to DHS by boat or by walking.

Just wrote a whole thread about our experience, but saw this, so I'll paste here too:

At the world right now. Went to Epcot this morning. Got to the international gateway ex trance at 8:20, they didn't start bag check until about 8:55. I'm not sure what time we actually made it into the park, probably about 9:00. We got over to Norway as fast as we could. If I weren't pregnant, maybe we could have made it a couple minutes faster. We were in line at 9:07 at which point we were told the wait would be two and a half hours. We had lunch reservations at 11:30, but decided to stay because there was no way the wait was really that long. Five minutes later, they were telling people the line was five hours. The line didn't move at all until about 9:30.

We actually had a really good time waiting. The weather was beautiful, we made friends with the other folks on the line, joked around. My sister-in-law actually gave birth back home while we were waiting and the folks in line celebrated with us. We also sat most of the time in the shade, which made it much easier. Only the last hour was a little tough. By the time we got to the front, we felt like we just finished some long race or something. The whole experience was really my favorite part of the day, lol.

The three hours really did fly by. And yeah, we were pretty late for lunch, but it turned out OK.

Just thought I'd post our story for anyone thinking about going there at rope drop. Get there fast, fast as your legs will take you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter