Elsa and Anna in February

smsohio

Earning My Ears
Are there any rumors of what the plans are going to be in February? Disney has times for Feb. 1, but nothing beyond that. We arrive on the 1st and plan to go to Epcot on the 2nd.

Are there any rumors of what the plans are going to be in February? Disney has times for Feb. 1, but nothing beyond that. We arrive on the 1st and plan to go to Epcot on the 2nd.

Almost certainly still meeting where they are now.

Almost certainly still meeting where they are now.

I agree - if they moved them it would take a bit of time to set up a new location and we'd probably hear about that in advance (seems like Kenny the Pirate and Josh have got leads all over the place !)

Your best bet is to cross your fingers and toes that Disney decides to start letting them meet at 9 am (problem with this is World Showcase technically doesn't open until 11 am). Then they can see a lot more families and you could "move it" out there at RD and actually meet them and go on with your day rather than dropping 2 or more hours in a line.

I agree - if they moved them it would take a bit of time to set up a new location and we'd probably hear about that in advance (seems like Kenny the Pirate and Josh have got leads all over the place !)

Your best bet is to cross your fingers and toes that Disney decides to start letting them meet at 9 am (problem with this is World Showcase technically doesn't open until 11 am). Then they can see a lot more families and you could "move it" out there at RD and actually meet them and go on with your day rather than dropping 2 or more hours in a line.

Thank you! I will keep everything crossed!

Why doesn't Disney hire 2 more actors and have Anna & Elsa meet in MK too? Some of the other characters meet in 2 parks, don't they? The lines to meet A&E are crazy...

Why doesn't Disney hire 2 more actors and have Anna & Elsa meet in MK too? Some of the other characters meet in 2 parks, don't they? The lines to meet A&E are crazy...

They could even hire multiple sets of actors for the Epcot M&G if they had more rooms. E.g. there are multiple Mickeys at Town Square, multiple Ariels at Ariel's Grotto, multiple Cinderellas, Rapunzels, etc. and PFH (I think).

Perhaps they will do this with Anna and Elsa. Or maybe they are waiting to see whether or not these two will be a big draw forever, or if they are just popular now because their movie is popular now.

They could even hire multiple sets of actors for the Epcot M&G if they had more rooms. E.g. there are multiple Mickeys at Town Square, multiple Ariels at Ariel's Grotto, multiple Cinderellas, Rapunzels, etc. and PFH (I think).

Perhaps they will do this with Anna and Elsa. Or maybe they are waiting to see whether or not these two will be a big draw forever, or if they are just popular now because their movie is popular now.

Even if their popularity is a passing fad (which I doubt will wane anytime soon), with 2, 3, 4+ hour waits, it just seems like hiring some other actors (even temporarily) would be a good strategy! Waiting in lines like that definitely isn't on anyone's highlight reel, and I'm sure everyone mentions the looong wait to their friends & family. Why not cut down on the negative talk and help create more magic? pixiedust: :)

If only we could run things. LOL ;)

They could even hire multiple sets of actors for the Epcot M&G if they had more rooms. E.g. there are multiple Mickeys at Town Square, multiple Ariels at Ariel's Grotto, multiple Cinderellas, Rapunzels, etc. and PFH (I think). Perhaps they will do this with Anna and Elsa. Or maybe they are waiting to see whether or not these two will be a big draw forever, or if they are just popular now because their movie is popular now.

Auditions were held earlier this month specifically for CMs who could portray Anna and Elsa.

Berlioz, who has current character info, noted on another thread that their meeting times are changing as of this Sunday and additional meet & greets are being added to help lessen the wait times. She didn't post any other details.

Auditions were held earlier this month specifically for CMs who could portray Anna and Elsa.

Berlioz, who has current character info, noted on another thread that their meeting times are changing as of this Sunday and additional meet & greets are being added to help lessen the wait times. She didn't post any other details.

I've been trying to get times for some of the other character meet and greets (specifically Jessie in MK) and the times for February still aren't listed. How far out do they typically post?

I've been trying to get times for some of the other character meet and greets (specifically Jessie in MK) and the times for February still aren't listed. How far out do they typically post?

Here's what is on Kenny the Pirate's site for Woody and Jessie:

Meet & Greet Schedule

10:00 AM - 02:30 PM
03:40 PM - 05:10 PM

Characters usually stay out for 20 - 30 minutes before they take their break. This meet and greet is pretty standard schedule-wise and probably won't vary.

Auditions were held earlier this month specifically for CMs who could portray Anna and Elsa. Berlioz, who has current character info, noted on another thread that their meeting times are changing as of this Sunday and additional meet & greets are being added to help lessen the wait times. She didn't post any other details.

Yay! :)

Here's Berlioz' post from the other thread regarding this Sunday:

They are trying to keep the ladies in Epcot, there are no plans for MK. The set schedule is changing on Sunday, they'll still be starting at 11am but will be meeting further into the evening. I suggest waiting for reports next week for planning purposes down the road. The small changes they're making will hopefully shorten the overall wait times.

Disney's website has confirmed they will be there through the 8th, however there are no changes in the meet and greet times. We currently have an ADR at 10:25. I guess one of us will have to go early from breakfast and get in line and hope we don't have to wait 4 hours :/

Disney's website has confirmed they will be there through the 8th, however there are no changes in the meet and greet times. We currently have an ADR at 10:25. I guess one of us will have to go early from breakfast and get in line and hope we don't have to wait 4 hours :/

I got in line right at 9 and was 7 people from the cut of the 11 o'clock group. People lining up at 9:05 got in the 12 o'clock group. If you wait until after your breakfast you will be looking at a very long line.

Hopefully the changes Berlioz posted will help.

They just need to be at the princess meal in Norway! That would be perfect and Disney needs to make it happen before my ressie! LOL! :)

They just need to be at the princess meal in Norway! That would be perfect and Disney needs to make it happen before my ressie! LOL! :)

I think they need to move them to a second park then add them to Akershus. That way they could magically be in 2 places at once. But then an awful lot of people thought that about Rapunzel too and it didn't happen.

I think they need to move them to a second park then add them to Akershus. That way they could magically be in 2 places at once. But then an awful lot of people thought that about Rapunzel too and it didn't happen.

Belle is my favorite princess, but they could boot her from the front and have Anna and Elsa as the hosts. :thumbsup2 I think that would make Akershus the new hardest to get ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter