• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eloping at Disney?

FavoriteKitty

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. My fiance and I have been together for 9 years and we have two children together. We have wanted to get married for years now but our families have ruined that for us. We are taking the kids to Disney in the second week of February. I would love to marry my boyfriend with just the 4 of us there. Is there any way we can do this easily? Thank you for any help you can give us :)

Yes an Escape wedding is perfect for you:thumbsup2 . The 4500 includes the wedding site (5 to choose from), bouquet for the bride, boutinere for the groom, a violinist for the ceremony, up to 2 hours of photography, 4 hours of limo service, and a cake and champagne reception immediately following... I think that's it. You can find all the details at disneyweddings.go.com

There are only a few things you need to pick... such as which bouquet you want (they give you 5 options) and what cake flavors you want. The main thing that isn't included is the officiant but Disney will provide you with a list they recommend. You can also add a bunch of "upgrades" if you wantprincess: ... you just can't subtract anything that's already included in the package.

It requires a little more planning than a straight forward Vegas style elopement but think your kids would love it and it would be magical. A lot of us do tons of planning on here but you can actually put this type of wedding together very quickly::yes:: ... check out this trip report... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869769... Heidi planned her Escape wedding in 2 weeks:hourglass and it was beautiful!Congrats and good luck... hope you have a magical wedding.pixiedust:

Wow, we cant do it now then. We already paid for the kids trip and we need that $4500 to put new windows in this freezing house! :rotfl2: I was hoping more for just a little ceremony. I dont want cake, or music, or flowers. Maybe just a couple of pictures and our children. Thats too bad. Thanks though, guys.

Maybe you can get married at the courthouse before you go, and make it your Disneymoon! :goodvibes

AWWW that's too bad it won't work for you. You could make it your Disneymoon though! Are you driving or flying? If you have a car you could even do it at a courthouse in Florida! Good luck!

How about one of the Swan/Dolphin weddings? I know there's info on here somewhere. Or you could go to a courthouse in florida and do it so you can still do it on your trip and then go out to a nice dinner to celebrate?

Wasnt there a UK bride that had a cute little chapel ceremony on I drive? Then she had dinner at a Disney resteraunt and got the Grand 1 for a fireworks cruise. ANyone know what the chapel was called? Her wedding was beautiful!

A courthouse wedding sounds more in my budget :( But, whatever. Im lucky enough to have someone I love as much as I do and my kids really want this to happen. If it werent for them then I probably would still put it off. They know its something we want. I just always wanted to wear a beautiful dress and see his face as I walked towards him looking so different.

Do I just find a local courthouse to Disney, call them and set an appointment? Obviously, I have never done this before :rotfl2: What do I need from home to do this legally, girls?

And, thank you for all the suggestions :)

I think Florida has a 3 day waiting period

At least in our county. we had to apply for the license and wait 3 days

Wasnt there a UK bride that had a cute little chapel ceremony on I drive? Then she had dinner at a Disney resteraunt and got the Grand 1 for a fireworks cruise. ANyone know what the chapel was called? Her wedding was beautiful!

This might be called Chapel of Love or the Love Chapel??? When we were there in Dec, DF was wanting to elope and I think he called a place called that. I think it was around $250 without the license.

The three day wait time is only if you are a Florida resident. If you do not live in Florida you can get it right away.

Linda

I don't know anything about the courthouse deal...sorry:sad2: But I just wanted to say that even though you can't have the whole big deal right now you could have a vow renewal at Disney later :cool1: So save your pennies and in a few years you can still wear a gorgeous dress and watch his eyes light up when he sees you:thumbsup2

me and my fiance have decided to elope to florida and didnt think it was really worth all the money for an escape wedding just for the 2 of us. The plan is - We are going on a hot air balloon ride at sunrise - coming back to disney to get ready - getting a limo to cocoa beach for the ceremony - then coming back for a wishes cruise on the grand1 with grand floridian private dining on board (i didnt like the idea just the two of us with my dress on sitting in a restaurant) and staying in the grand floridian that night, This way we save loads from having the wedding in the UK and save ££ on having a traditional disney wedding too - which would have been great if everyone could make it out - and we had more money!! Does anyone have any links for eloping PJ's, would be nice to see how it worked out for other people? x x x

What about the Memories Collection weddings? It's just the site and ceremony one hour of photos and a limo and maybe something else but it costs a lot less than the Escape Package and the kids could still be involved. Just my $0.02

What about the Memories Collection weddings? It's just the site and ceremony one hour of photos and a limo and maybe something else but it costs a lot less than the Escape Package and the kids could still be involved. Just my $0.02

This is exactly what I wanted to say...check out the Memories collection!:goodvibes

Another idea could be a simple beach ceremony nearby (Cocoa beach?) and then a "Disneymoon"? I have seen beach ceremonies listed for a few hundred dollars- might be a more affordable option!

Memories bride here! It's the ceremony site, one hour of photos (and 20 5" x 7" prints--we received a photo in a lovely frame, but I can't remember if it was one of the 20 or an extra), a violinist for the ceremony, a bouquet for the bride, and either 3 hours of limo transport of an in-room celebration (which is what we chose--we got flowers, fake candles, chocolate, personalized towels, and a spa basket).

I like this package, but it still seems like so much money for so little. But that's the way cookie crumbles I guess. I still feel like there just has to be another option. The memories package+hotel+tickets+airfare... I'm shaking just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter