• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ellen's Energy Adventure... 45 minutes... really????

It really is 45 minutes. The first 8 minutes is a film with Ellen to draw you into the story. The remaining 37 is in the movable car (maybe 10 with the dinosaurs). I can't remember the last time I was so bored. My daughter and her friend who love Ellen couldn't wait for it to end. Disney is usually great at putting a story together and making it work. Not in this case. Don't waste your time at Epcot; there are so many other wonderful things to do.

I agree. We did it once and that was enough for me. Unless I needed a nap or a storm set in, I would not do this one again. :laughing:

We went on it earlier this month with my DD6 and she LOVED it. She didn't know who Ellen was before but she thought Ellen and the whole attraction were hilarious and she was entertained throughout. DH and I had seen it before but it was her first time and we all enjoyed it. It really didn't seem as long as it was.

And I'd rather spend 45 minutes on a ride than waiting in a line that long only to have a 5-10 minute ride!

To what? More recent dinosaurs? Kind of difficult to do since they've been extinct for millions of years.
:rotfl:

I think that some people look for thrills so this ride isn't for them. It's old school, a bit educational and slow and as much as I love thrills myself, I can slow down a bit for a ride like this.

I loved this ride. My DD who didn't know what Ellen looks like said, "Hey, she sounds like Dory!". LOL I think the dinos are pretty cool. I agree about the Ellen animotronic (sp?) looking a little "rough". LOL
I think the 45 minutes goes by relatively quickly. It seemed shorter than say, the boat ride that goes through The Land, and I know that ride is only 10 minutes or so. I guess it depends on if you are enjoying yourself or not. :lmao:

I always loved this ride. I make sure I've had a bathroom break before going in. I always wear ear plugs because some spots can be way too loud for me.

P.S. Thanks for some of the laughter on this thread )

I can vaguely remember riding on a ride at epcot with make believe dinosaurs... I assume this is what transformed into Ellen's Energy Adventure. My dd's love dinosaurs so I'm sure they would enjoy this ride. However, is it really 45 minutes???? Why on earth would they make an attraction that lasts so long. 45 minutes is a LONG time to remain seated. What if someone needs to get off? What do they do for so long and how long is the driving through the dinosaurs part? Would you recommend this attraction? We only have one day at epcot so want to do as much as possible.

Yes, and it is akin to having bamboo shoved under your finger nails...

This ride is a nice and cool place to take a break in the summer heat. My kids loved the dinosaurs and I loved that they took a little nap! I wished I had thought to tell my kids that Ellen was Dori's voice. I will have to tell them next time! :goodvibes

I think that some people look for thrills so this ride isn't for them. It's old school, a bit educational and slow and as much as I love thrills myself, I can slow down a bit for a ride like this.

ITA. Plus, I remember the original version with the cheesy songs that you can get on the CDs at the parks. THAT was a snoozer as a kid...

Found this for anyone who is curious about the original:
http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id182.htm

This ride is great for a mid day nap to get out of the sun. Be warned if you don't have 45 minutes to spare don't get on this.

We like to use this ride as a way to stay cool or dry when it is POURING out and it eats up some time too. When we were there last week it started pouring so we ran into Ellen's ride and by the time it was over the sun was out. Tons of people dripping wet or in their ponchos and we were dry as a bone.:cool1:

It's so cool and relaxing on this ride it's hard to stay awake. I think DH caught me snoring the last time we rode it. :)

I love Ellens Energy Adventure...It is indeed 45 mins long, and YOU CAN NOT EXIT once it starts.They warn in English and Spanish MULTIPLE times before it starts.If you get out it E stops and everyone is walked off the ride and it needs to be Re-set.It also Ticks off everyone on the ride if someone does this..It happened to me 2x on one trip and I was not a happy trooper..

The nice thing about the length is that you get an extended tome to nap/rest in some AC. Most of the ride is mildly entertaining and while I dont feel it is a must see for us. It offers a good break from the FL heat.

Sort of. It's on the scale of Sigourney Weaver in TGMR, in other words, not one of Disney's finest efforts in animatronics. But if you listen to the voice-over and go with the fact that it has on the same clothes as the "movie" Ellen, yup, it's Ellen! :rotfl2:

OMG! I was thinking the same thing. Ellen doesn't look much like Ellen and Sigourney doesn't look much like Sigourney! Two of Disney's worst attempts at real-life characters!

I enjoy Ellen's Universe of Energy. Not so much for the content (I think it could use some significant updating) but because it's a great place to catch a little nap!

We LOVE this ride! It is a sure-fire-must-do for us every trip.

And yes, we timed it last trip and it really is 45 minutes. We refused to believe it until we timed it.

No kidding :confused: I didn't think it was really that long. Oh we'll I still like it just the way it is. It's a good little lesson on fossil fuels.

When first entering the theater, where should we sit to be in one of the first cars into the ride, and the first out? Also, where should we sit to be in the last car to go in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter