Ellen audio animatronic gone?

TreeSapp

That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.
In almost ashamed to admit how many times we've been to dismay lately and skipped Ellen's Energy Adventure. Just got off of it an noticed that The Ellen audio animatronic &the dinosaur she's fending off are both missing. How long has this been the case?

I went last week and her animatronic was still there. Most likely something happened and maintenance is fixing it, and it will be back soon.

Yup. I remember riding POTC at Disneyland and the pirate sitting on the bridge with his leg hanging down was missing. Went back a couple of days later and he returned.

Yup. I remember riding POTC at Disneyland and the pirate sitting on the bridge with his leg hanging down was missing. Went back a couple of days later and he returned.

What was the name of his other leg?

Oh, wait.

In almost ashamed to admit how many times we've been to dismay lately and skipped Ellen's Energy Adventure. Just got off of it an noticed that The Ellen audio animatronic &the dinosaur she's fending off are both missing. How long has this been the case?

Okay, I realize that this is a typo, but after reading so many threads today from Disers upset with MDE, and live entertainment cancelations, and other general dissatisfactions, I just HAD to wonder if it was a Freudian slip. :rotfl2:

OP the exact thing happened to me today. I rode it after not riding for about a year and noticed the lack of Ellen fighting the snake-like creature .

Okay, I realize that this is a typo, but after reading so many threads today from Disers upset with MDE, and live entertainment cancelations, and other general dissatisfactions, I just HAD to wonder if it was a Freudian slip. :rotfl2:

The wisdom of auto-correct.

She was there on Sunday. Must be a repair situation. My girls & I were debating if the animatronic looked more like Ellen or Justin Beiber....

Yea, she was fighting an empty pit a couple of days ago. I actually thought it was an improvement, that snake looked terrible! :rotfl2:

I also think the swinging Ellen was missing. When she swings into the film it made no sense without her swinging animatronic.

There are some light rumors suggesting Ellen is in talks with Disney to redo the films and recordings and, if so, it would be a great time to upgrade this bad animatronic. Perhaps a test was being done backstage?

There are some light rumors suggesting Ellen is in talks with Disney to redo the films and recordings and, if so, it would be a great time to upgrade this bad animatronic. Perhaps a test was being done backstage?
I have a family member who is a CM at Epcot and they said that Ellen's will never see a refurb due to lack of ridership and the fact that there is a sinkhole nearby.

I have a family member who is a CM at Epcot and they said that Ellen's will never see a refurb due to lack of ridership and the fact that there is a sinkhole nearby.

Not trying to be rude here, but many times we have been given incorrect/inaccurate information by cast members. Not always their fault- sometimes they get inaccurate information too, and in some cases they are instructed to give information that is not entirely correct. (Just call and ask a phone rep if you can start using your park tickets 3 days before your reservation begins. You can, but they are instructed to tell you that you can't.)

I know someone that worked Universe of Energy for a short time and walked through it. The Ellen animatronic is still gone and won't be returning any time soon apparently. They've cemented over where she once stood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter