Elf on the Shelf Christmas 2015 *ideas*

Lovin' Disney

DIS Veteran
I am on my 6th year of Elf on the Shelf. :mad: :worship:

As you can imagine, I'm running out of ideas. I thought we could start a list of elf mischief and share ideas.

I will start. Here's a list of things our elf has already done:

--Held a storybook reading with other toys
--Made a Christmas tree out of soup cans and decorated it with a string of Xmas lights
--Found a sleigh decoration, rolled up some blankets off the couch, and went sledding
--Brought advent calendars
--Used blocks to set up a raceway and raced other toys in the Barbie car
--Tried out all of the Wii games
--Got out a bowl and made a bubble bath out of mini marshmallows
--Decorated a small tree for the kids' toy room
--Filled the kitchen sink with balls from the ball pit and jumped in upside down
--Watched Xmas movies in the recliner with friends
--Had a tea party with Barbie
--Played board games with other toys
--Played Christmas carols on a keyboard for the guinea pigs
--Hid on the velcro advent calendar in the dining room
--Brought tickets to ride the Polar Express
--Read all of the Christmas cards & kept them in a pile around him
--Hid in the freezer the night before he had to go back to the North Pole
--Wrestled a wrestler in the wrestling ring
--Hid in the Christmas village
--Made a fort out of couch cushions
--Made scrambled eggs and hash browns by putting plastic Easter eggs and Mr. Potato Head in a frying pan
--Went for a ride in the doll stroller
--Ate too many cookies and threw up
--Wrapped some presents---> The TV remote, our house phone
--Set up a model of Mad Tea Party ride with coffee cups and plates
--Spelled messages out of candy (M&M's, jelly beans)
--Went fishing with Goldfish crackers in a bowl and a candy cane as the fishing rod
--Took pictures of himself with the kids when they were sleeping and left them in a frame for them the night before he left
--Dressed up in Barbie's clothes & had a fashion show
--Set up a parade route complete with Santa at the end
--Turned the gallon of milk green
--Used dry erase markers to draw mustaches and glasses on the kids' school pictures hanging on the wall
--Set up a scrabble game using only Christmas themed words
--Packed the kids' lunches with favorite elf foods---syrup, candy canes, cookie sprinkles
--Brought them chocolate Santas to eat
--Spelled messages out of Hot Wheels cars
--Opened the bottle of syrup, stuck a straw in it, and pretended to drink out of it
--Had a snowball fight with another toy with sugar cubes
--Made snow angels out of sugar spilled on the counter
--Took the car out for a spin & left it parked sideways on the front lawn
--Ate a happy meal
--Made a tree on the wall out of green streamers and balloons as ornaments
--Got stuck in an upside down glass
--Built a house out of Legos and built himself into it
--Covered the kids' bedroom doors in wrapping paper
--Crashed his car into the presents under the tree
--Made a zipline from the ceiling fan to the entertainment center
--Pulled out the sofabed and took a nap
--Made a swing out of a scarf and tied it to the ceiling fan
--Sent a Christmas card to Ma and Pa Elf back at the North Pole
--Exercised with marshmallows on the ends of a toothpick
--Used pipe cleaners to turn toy hamsters into reindeer

These are the ones that I put pictures of on Facebook in the past; there's no way I would have remembered all these otherwise. :) But I need more ideas! This will be the last year for our elf.

My Elf was bad lol

Left footprints on a counter
took a hair dryer to a snowman
he could shave himself
listen to something on earbuds
chalk car wimdows
he could roast something over a candle
go fishing from the toliet for goldfish snacks
drink out of the pancake syrup bottle

Looking at Instagram it seems a lot of elves are making minion bananas with a Sharpie this year! One that made me giggle was the elf in with the cat's dry food with a note: 'Worst cookies ever! Do NOT leave out for Santa!'.

Looking at Instagram it seems a lot of elves are making minion bananas with a Sharpie this year! One that made me giggle was the elf in with the cat's dry food with a note: 'Worst cookies ever! Do NOT leave out for Santa!'.

That is great, I'm going to do that tomorrow with the dog food

These are ideas that My sister's elf has done.

Brought the live Christmas tree in and left it in the kitchen! He was sitting in the very top of the tree.

One year he wrote 'naughty' on my sister's forehead while she slept in eye pencil and 'nice' on my mom's forehead.

The elf hung my niece's underware on the tree.

He's pretty mischievous.

We have two.
-Ours were sliding down the banister this morning. They've made mini pancakes in the past.
-Our first one "decorated" the entire bathroom, walls, shower curtain, toilet, with red, green and white bows.
-They've had a battle against the green army men behind a barricade made with Lincoln Logs.
-Our girl elf got to a Justice magazine and cut out a bunch of pictures of things she wanted.
-They cut out paper dolls for a pizza party. We had pizza the night before and tiny triangles of pizza were cut from the leftovers.

Thanks for the ideas! :) It has been a rough week at work (It's Tuesday and I already have 40 hours in) and I just don't have the time to search for new ideas. I think we'll try the cat food one tonight.

Do y'all leave your elf in those positions all day? For instance if your elf is playing cards or baking or something, do they stay like that for the day or do you get them them out of their pedicaments??
Ours has just moved around to a different spot but tonight he's roasting marshmallows over a candle. So not sure if he should move during the day or leave him there all day like that.

I don't remember too many that haven't been said above, but ours once built a gingerbread house with Graham crackers on a mini-carton of Goldfish.

We're lucky because we started it a couple years BEFORE the book set became so popular with all of its "rules". The way ours works is that I do something with the elf after the kids go to bed. They find it in the morning (our elf also has a notebook that he writes in and leaves clues) and then put the elf back in his bed for the day.

Do y'all leave your elf in those positions all day? For instance if your elf is playing cards or baking or something, do they stay like that for the day or do you get them them out of their pedicaments??
Ours has just moved around to a different spot but tonight he's roasting marshmallows over a candle. So not sure if he should move during the day or leave him there all day like that.
Ours do stay in their positions all day. That's why we haven't done anything to tie up a sink or toilet. I try to keep them somewhat out of the way of daily life. Yesterday our girl elf fell off of the staircase. This morning we found her in the Barbie house lying in bed bandaged with the medical tape that our boy elf was holding. :goodvibes

Okay...just set our elves up. Guess it's a good thing I'm a night person. My daughter lost a tooth today, so the Tooth Fairy came tonight too. I set our girl elf up in a "bed" like dd's with a pair of vampire teeth under her pillow. Our boy elf is dressed up like the Tooth Fairy and hanging up (flying) in the hall outside of her room with a dollar in his hands. I don't go too crazy, but I like to set up a few cute things. Some people get SO elaborate. I don't know how they have the time or energy! Going to bed now. :faint:

Our elf replaced stockings with underwear
Hid in the fridge
Had wrestling match with sons wrestlers
Slept in kleenex box
Pointed at December 25th on the calender
Put up window clings
Built stuff with lego

Wow, 6 years OP! :worship:

I'm on my third year. The first, our elf was really mischievous but has become a lot less so. Here's a few of our past ones:

--strung Christmas lights back n forth across two story foyer....it was actually kinda pretty
--gift wrapped toilet
--wrote "ho ho ho, whose gotta go" under toilet lid so when it's lifted, the message is revealed
--roasted mini marshmallows over tea light candle
--built 4 foot Lego tower with elf trapped in top section
--elf trapped under glass cake doom with "help me" written inside doom, along with fancy cupcake
--elf trapped in china cabinet with help me message
--cup of hot cocoa with extra scoop of mix so it's more chocolatey and better than mine
--elf on piano keyboard with his audience of stuffed animals on bench
--elf with popsickle stick skis, skiing down stairs
--toilet paper streamers in chandelier and across room
--elf uses window markers to write on Windows and mirrors
--elf wrote, "I was here" on Windows and mirrors, scattered through the house
--elf has a bad cold, bundled in tissue box bed, wadded tissues scattered, NyQuil nearby

I will try to come up with more to add.

3 years and I am done. How long do people keep this up? Holidays are stressful enough! Maybe because I always had to top the previous year and it became less and less fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter