• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Elevators,sound and such at Pop Century

indy4192

Earning My Ears
Okay, will be there in just little over 4 weeks, so my questions are:

1. Does Pop Century have elevators?
2. What wing would be considered the quietest?
3. What is there morning breakfest fair like?
4. Can I get a shuttle from PC to the Care Care Center where I am renting a car from for part of my stay?

1. Yes. In the middle of the buildings.
2. I think a lake view would be nice. It is in the back of the resort but it's not a long walk to the front. Avoid a pool view - that will be noisy. I'm not sure if any one wing would be the quietest. We were in 50's, fourth floor, pool side - pretty noisy.

3.I liked breakfast - they have all the basic stuff. Loved the crossant sandwich, hated the breakfast pizza. Good fruit/yogurt parfaits.

4. Not sure.

I agree with Karel. I had a lake view, farthest away from the elevators and food court, and it was quiet. I have heard that PC's walls are thinner or something, that it is a noisier resort, but you are going at a relatively slower time, so probably won't be a problem. I stayed in the 60's section..Avoid the pool facing rooms and you should be fine. And it stands to reason that the farther you are from the elevator and stairs, the fewer people will be walking past your door at 2:00 speaking in a normal or louder than normal voice while doing it...(Why do people do that? With me, I lower my voice around hotel rooms-especially at night...)

They have a great selection of breakfast items, from bacon/eggs/potatoes, to PopTarts and fruit cups. Our favorite is the kid's Mickey Waffle plate..Mickey shaped plate with 3 small Mickey Head waffles, syrup, bacon, and a little cup of strawberry sauce to dip them in. (I'll risk a flame here and let you in on a little secret, I get one for myself, too...it's just enough food for me in the morning...) Have a great trip, you will LOVE PC!!

I can only answer question one.. Yes, there are elevators. And they distribute everyone to all the buildings, so theres no telling which will be quiter..

I take it you are renting from National/Alamo just call them, I think we called about 24hrs before to set up a time to be picked up.

Kae

Just call the night before and arrange for the Shuttle to pick you up for rental. When you return the car they would take you back where every you want.

So that's what that National shuttle was doing at Pop one day two weeks ago. It was a very nice looking shuttle.

herc.

indy4192 said:
4. Can I get a shuttle from PC to the Care Care Center where I am renting a car from for part of my stay?

Yes, just call them at least an hour before you want to be picked up and tell them your resort. Ever since Disney started offering Magical Express, business at the Car Care Center went up with people renting at the resorts for short hops.

HTH, Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter