• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ElectricLime Speaks: #3 - The Complete Database

Great list. Could "music" be referring to the credits you received from playing a song in either the Monorail, or at the Street Party Music Game Lobby?

Thank you for posting this, and for taking the time to do all the work for us!

This is definitely something I had been wondering about before the end...

Btw...do you know if there is a correlation to the item number and the time it was created, or is the item number just related to when it was entered into the database?

That's awesome! I've only scratched the surface so far, but I find it interesting that the blue number generator was only worth 50 credits, versus 2000 for the other colors. I guess they truly never did intend to release it to us, after all.

did you hack into the system?

Absolutely not. There was no "hacking of the system" done in order to obtain this information.

This is merely a deconstruction of files that were used as a web client was connected to the game.

Wow thanks Lime :hug: Read it and weep, indeed!

There's still more left to post about as well :) It's been bittersweet seeing/knowing about all the potential that VMK had as I've helped Lime to do some of this deconstruction.

I find this interesting...

VMK Database said:
41035 Deep Red Mickey Ears
41043 MOD ONLY Red Mickey Ears

Didn't get those Deep Red Ears, but they sure sound pretty. ;)

Interesting to see the items that were never released...

Thanks for deconstructing and putting it in a nice and readable format.

Thanks electric, I personally cant wait to hear all about vmk stories

Thanks so much Lime, really appreciate the hard work you and Aeryn put into sharing it with us.

Hehe! Sounds like THIS is where those mysterious numbers came from when I was hosting my Candy Finder!

I had all sorts of item.4560 (or whatever it was) instead of the real item names when I tried to move the furniture! hahahaha

Now to look at the database

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

PrincessPaisley:

I don't think so. The items in this list are specific objects, not amounts of credits. It's possible that item could have had something to do with the music mixers, but there was nothing in the Street Party or in the Monorails that you had to click on like an NPC.

GoofyGeggy:

No, there's no correlation between an item number and the time an item was created. The numbers were assigned sequentially.

ichiroz1:

In the mid-1980s, there was an American television game show named Press Your Luck. An unemployed ice-cream truck driver watched the show all summer and realized that the game boards, which were supposed to be random, actually had a pattern to them. He videotaped the show and learned the patterns and got on the game show and ended up setting a record for the highest winnings in a single appearance on a daytime network game show. The network tried to block him from collecting his winnings, but it was decided that being observant isn't cheating.

I've simply been very observant towards the VMK database. :)

(Edit: Whups, it was the winter in which he was unemployed, not the summer. Ice cream truck drivers have a lot more to do in the summer than in the winter!)

aeryn:

*kiss* :love:

Thanks so much Lime, really appreciate the hard work you and Aeryn put into sharing it with us.

:) Make no mistake, this is all Lime's work. I should clarify that my "help" has been standing behind his chair going 'oo! what is that?!?'

I don't have his technical ability to write scripts to parse all this information or to figure out the encryption. My realm is network security and I'm happy to be there :)

Thanks Lime, very interesting reading. Wonder if the players would have been able to buy any of the Haunted Mansion Game items since they have a credit value. That would have been great if we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter