Electrical Water Parade after Hoop Dee Do

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
Is it possible timing-wise to attend a 6:15 Hoop De Doo and then get to a viewing area for an 8:25 Electric Water Parade? If so, how could I go about doing that? Thanks!

Is it possible timing-wise to attend a 6:15 Hoop De Doo and then get to a viewing area for an 8:25 Electric Water Parade? If so, how could I go about doing that? Thanks!

Currently the 8:25 show is at GF (it’s really more like 8:30, starts shortly after Enchantment), so no, IMO I don’t see a way to make it to GF in time.

If like us, your bill is pre-paid. No need to present a card. So, you can eat your strawberry shortcake and run to the beach if short on time.

Absolutely possible. In December we did the 6:15 HDD, then went shopping at the Settlement Post, then did the 9:00 carriage ride & had plenty of time to walk to the beach for the 9:45 Electrical Water Parade.

Absolutely possible. In December we did the 6:15 HDD, then went shopping at the Settlement Post, then did the 9:00 carriage ride & had plenty of time to walk to the beach for the 9:45 Electrical Water Parade.
Just to clarify - OP is asking about the 8:25 Electrical Water Parade.

Just to clarify - OP is asking about the 8:25 Electrical Water Parade.

Yes, but it doesn't make it's way around to Fort Wilderness until about 9:45pm. It will start outside Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort at approximately 8:15 p.m., then pass by Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort around 8:30 p.m. It will be visible from Wilderness Lodge around 9:30 p.m., then Fort Wilderness around 9:45 p.m., then Contemporary Resort around 10:05 p.m. Give or take a few min if the start time changed to 8:25, but plenty of time to see it after Hoo Dee Doo.

At least according to this

https://wdwnt.com/2022/03/electrica...sney-world-to-begin-at-815-starting-march-13/

OP here, m completely unfamiliar with the timing of the parade. The 8:25 I was citing was going by what the MDE app said. So I guess I will rephrase my question (which I think was probably answered above…is it possible to do the 6:15 HDDR and see the Electrical Water Parade in the same night? If so, what’s the best way to pull that off? BTW, strawberry shortcake on the beach sounds lovely! Would that cut out some of the show tho?

OP here, m completely unfamiliar with the timing of the parade. The 8:25 I was citing was going by what the MDE app said. So I guess I will rephrase my question (which I think was probably answered above…is it possible to do the 6:15 HDDR and see the Electrical Water Parade in the same night? If so, what’s the best way to pull that off? BTW, strawberry shortcake on the beach sounds lovely! Would that cut out some of the show tho?
Personally, I would not rush away from the show and, am not really sure how you would get your shortcake to the beach (although yes, it does sound lovely!) as it's served on dishes that cannot be carried away.

The water pageant is a series of barges with lights that float around the lagoon. Personally, it's something we've viewed a number of times as we've been waiting for a bus, walking near the water, etc but never made a plan to actually stop and watch. Possibly there's more to it then I realize?

I just flipped through it on YouTube and I guess it does stop in places and go through it's series of projections. LOL, I had no idea it did that! Took about 8 mins start to finish it looks like. I guess it moves from place to place, stopping to do a full show. I've only seen it in motion.

If you want to stop and see it, it's probably best to do as @wdw_dine_junkie recommended and watch it from the Fort Wilderness beach but it will mean filling in quite a bit of time between HDD and the WP.

If you don't mind the lack of surprise, you may wish to look for it on YouTube and see if it's something you would want to wait for or, just see in passing.

Yes, you can do both. @wdw_dine_junkie posted times and a link to the schedule above in post #7. It passes by the beach at FW at about 9:45pm. You could find things to do around the Fort until that time. If you want to see if from another location, it might be a little more difficult. You could take the bus from FW to the WL, but that "show" is around 9:35pm, so it doesn't shave off much time. If you want to see the 8:30 ELP, you would have to get over to the Polynesian. You could take the boat from FW over to the MK and then a monorail or boat to the Poly, then do the reverse to get back to FW (depending on where you are staying, if on site, you could return to the MK and take transportation back to your resort). And unfortunately you cannot take your strawberry shortcake to the beach, it is served family style as part of the show. It's an original opening day "parade" and is fun, but not necessarily a must do.

Note EWP times shift around a bit during the year based on daylight savings time and fireworks so it is best to check current info. The best EWP info is typically in the app. Search “Electrical Water Pageant” and click the viewing destination. Note Enchantment shifts from 8:15 to 8:30 3/12 so expect some slight adjustments (usually to Poly and GF) at that time. Sometimes Disney is slow to update the app when those shifts happen but generally speaking it’s usually the best source of info. Also note the times tend to be approximate.

17B4C09E-F0D2-42F3-AC43-35E3E7668D12.png

The show ends as you are eating dessert. Chances are you will almost be done by the time the show ends. Thankfully you then don't have to wait for a check and payment (assuming that is how it works for everyone now).

As mentioned, you will want to check on the Parade time specific to your night.

Last edited:
2 hours is the posted time and by the time we got outside it was right about that. I didn't look at my watch until a few minutes later so I don't have the exact time for our show.

Note EWP times shift around a bit during the year based on daylight savings time and fireworks so it is best to check current info. The best EWP info is typically in the app. Search “Electrical Water Pageant” and click the viewing destination. Note Enchantment shifts from 8:15 to 8:30 3/12 so expect some slight adjustments (usually to Poly and GF) at that time. Sometimes Disney is slow to update the app when those shifts happen but generally speaking it’s usually the best source of info. Also note the times tend to be approximate.

View attachment 731708
THANK YOU!!! For some reason I was searching everywhere but the app 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just keep in mind that boat transportation stops at times to let the parade pass by. We’ve been stuck on the ferry from MK to TTC several times. It’s actually decent viewing from on the ferry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter